Author Topic: ANOTHER ONE - New member - K1300S 30th Year Model  (Read 3136 times)

Offline glt56

• View Profile
    • My band - MGB
  • My K bike model:: K1300s 30th Anniversary
  • Modifications and add-ons:: GIVI rack & topbox
ANOTHER ONE - New member - K1300S 30th Year Model
« on: May 16, 2017, 03:58:54 pm »
Hey-up me hearties!  Yep, another new owner of a K1300S 30th Anny has arrived on your doorstep... maybe we come in pairs?!  Anyway, I picked it last Sunday and rode it back from t'other side of Norwich back home to Chester, helluva long trek but by heck it's quick!  I am pretty used to big beasties having sold a '12 plate VFR1200 (and an '08 Benelli Tre-K) just before Christmas.  I thought I could settle down and live life as a "normal" near retired person should... but hell no!  Christmas and 2017 wivout me bike has been a nightmare, so I shelled out on a minty '14 reg K1300S and so far, I'm impressed.  It's got a Givi rack and topbox, and I've already bought sport panniers and the fitting bracket, so they will go on soon.  I'm going to fit a better screen as the ol' wind blast is a bit much.  Any other recommendations or suggestions?
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 04:34:54 pm by glt56 »
Fat bikers bounce better!

Offline Eyore

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200S
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Lots of Polish. Titax levers. GPR end can.R&G Protectors, carbon fibre bling, Tom Tom mount,daytime led lights.Low seat.Oberon clutch slave cylinder.Airblade DB screen,fender extender.Michael Dunlop sticker.
Re: ANOTHER ONE - New member - K1300S 30th Year Model
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2017, 06:23:19 pm »
Hi and welcome. I just fitted a Airblade double bubble which I find a good improvement.
The fastest Pizza delivery bike in the west.

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2017, 09:54:13 pm »
Hi Geoff and welcome to the madhouse that is EuroKClub!

I think you will find that almost all the mad buggers in here are well past retirement age, in outlook if not in years, so forget any idea about a leisurely old age, unless you get nicked in the upper echelons of the performance envelope too many times  8)

One must
-have addition is the rear mudguard....

http://www.eurokclub.bike/index.php/topic,113.msg1308.html#msg1308

Better than a hugger but not as blingy... ::)

Go read about what folks have, the list is almost endless  ;D

Offline richtea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2017, 10:13:09 pm »
Welcome Guilty! (glt is textspeak for guilty, right? Well it is now... ;) )

The list of extras is a long as your wallet is deep.

Follow up the mini mudguard that Brian suggested (£24 at top value) with an Ilmberger hugger, which isn't good value by any stretch of the imagination.
Someone else paid for mine (so to speak) and I try hard not to like carbon. But it's no good. I like it. There, I've said it.  :o

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ilmberger-Carbon-Fibre-Rear-Hugger-Mudguard-BMW-K1300S-2009-2017-/371880767589?hash=item5695d23065%3Ag%3A6NUAAOSwJ4hY9xAz

http://www.ilmberger-carbon.de/Carbon/K_1300_S_2008-aktuell.aspx

And check Costas' magnificent extras for ideas when he next posts.

Offline bobtail

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200S (05) departed but well loved! Now R1200RS I am now a Boxerboy.
  • Modifications and add-ons:: I had no bling on my K12 and was proud of it! And it never, ever let me down, honest! And it still had the o.e. battery going strong, honest!
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2017, 10:49:34 am »
Hi Geoff and many welcomes to the site.

You're obviously near me I'm just outside Chester but in deepest Wales where all the good roads start!

Had my K12S for over ten years and as is well documented on the site nothing went wrong with it at all in those ten years. Loved it too bits but am now a Boxer Boy and loving that just as much.

Fancy a little jaunt into those welsh hills just send a pm.

Cheers,

Bob
Are we there yet? I said ARE WE THERE YET? I SAID ARE WE THERE YET?!!

Offline glt56

• View Profile
    • My band - MGB
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2017, 12:59:07 pm »
Cheers folks, yes I'm GUILTY as charged and aging as disgracefully as possible, second childhood and all that... (probably more like 3rd or 4th actually).  I was thinking of a nice carbon hugger to go with the rest of the bling on me bike, not too sure about the look of that mudguard thingy, I can see it slicing yer kneecap after awhile?!  But I'll check it out for sure before I shell out any readies.  Bob, you're right about the good roads starting just over the Welsh border, unfortunately, so do the feckin' speed cameras... is that Chief Constable still in charge up there... wasssisname... Richard Brunstrom aka Mad Mullah of the Traffic Taliban.  What an arsehole he was!

Hope there's no coppers reading this....

If so, Bobtail told me to write it!  :P
And yes Bob, maybe we can meet up at the Ponderosa sometime?  Sunny days only though...
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 01:02:59 pm by glt56 »

Offline Costas

• Riders drive K, a Hawk flies, both are fast
    • View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BMW Motorrad rider and pillion HP4 pegs,10-30 lit tank bag, SENA for BMW intercom system. Evo air filters. TechSpec tank pads. MIZU lowering dogbone system. B2 accelerator. Wunderlich adjustable levers, hub , brake caliber protectors, duolever bold protector. Turatech ABS Sensor protectors. IDE bars. Rizoma rear led signal lights, bar ends with lever protectors. Sargent complete system seat (pod, pillion backrest). Shrodie side badge led signal lights two modes. LED lights 2X35W 3000k high beam, 10W parking two modes. Tracker. Metisse front wheel protector sliders. R&G water pump protector, cardan protector. Ilmberger carbon set. Ztechnic tank protector,DT wimglets.
  • Location:: Athens, Greece, KS-Loutsa 37°58'16.6"N 23°59'06.8"E 37.971269, 23.985224
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2017, 01:38:36 pm »
Hello and welcome it's a mad house isn't it?
Am impressed what a welcome we offer and all return for more , it must be that K virus no one can fine a cure for it , even those who thing they did I are still present and accounted.
MRA is an excellent choice many more in the market this has the lower no of vibrations at high speeds.  You do achive then still in UK I reckon.
The hugger oh yeah the carbon fm wunderlich is excellent and expensive but has the best support arrangement, that tops it. PUIG one looks nice too and the one fm USA best Western is nice too and in carbon. 
As for the rest feel free to ask am proud to claim that I've tried them all fm any brand , money wrongly (most of the time) spent, see am retired too wisdom comes and gradually dominates.
Top of the list imho front wheel and cardan protectors.
Embrace the wind.

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2017, 01:56:17 pm »
If the rear mudguard slices your kneecap, you must just have reversed over yourself! No mean feat  8)

Either that or you are trying to vault onto the bike from behind and you have an illegally tiny number plate  :o

As you can see from the back of my bike, the entire guard is totally behind the number plate!

Offline Costas

• Riders drive K, a Hawk flies, both are fast
    • View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BMW Motorrad rider and pillion HP4 pegs,10-30 lit tank bag, SENA for BMW intercom system. Evo air filters. TechSpec tank pads. MIZU lowering dogbone system. B2 accelerator. Wunderlich adjustable levers, hub , brake caliber protectors, duolever bold protector. Turatech ABS Sensor protectors. IDE bars. Rizoma rear led signal lights, bar ends with lever protectors. Sargent complete system seat (pod, pillion backrest). Shrodie side badge led signal lights two modes. LED lights 2X35W 3000k high beam, 10W parking two modes. Tracker. Metisse front wheel protector sliders. R&G water pump protector, cardan protector. Ilmberger carbon set. Ztechnic tank protector,DT wimglets.
  • Location:: Athens, Greece, KS-Loutsa 37°58'16.6"N 23°59'06.8"E 37.971269, 23.985224
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2017, 02:17:47 pm »
That's exactly my setting.
Embrace the wind.

Offline bobtail

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200S (05) departed but well loved! Now R1200RS I am now a Boxerboy.
  • Modifications and add-ons:: I had no bling on my K12 and was proud of it! And it never, ever let me down, honest! And it still had the o.e. battery going strong, honest!
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2017, 04:19:25 pm »
..  Bob, you're right about the good roads starting just over the Welsh border, unfortunately, so do the feckin' speed cameras... is that Chief Constable still in charge up there... wasssisname... Richard Brunstrom aka Mad Mullah of the Traffic Taliban.  What an arsehole he was!

Hope there's no coppers reading this....

If so, Bobtail told me to write it!  :P
And yes Bob, maybe we can meet up at the Ponderosa sometime?  Sunny days only though...

The Mad Mullah has long gone Geoff last we heard of him he was in a sailing boat circumnavigating the world......don't imagine he'd be picking up too many speeding tickets in that!

The Ponder's ok but gone down in my estimation these last few years. Whereabouts in Chester are you? See you sometime when the sun has got its hat on 8)

Bob

Offline richtea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2017, 06:59:10 pm »
That mudguard is quite well hidden - nice and subtle, and just generally decreases the crud flying around. It's here (courtesy of Brian!):

« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 07:11:32 pm by richtea »

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2017, 08:03:00 pm »
Who's a smart-arse then  ;D

Offline glt56

• View Profile
    • My band - MGB
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2017, 11:38:14 am »
Ah-ha.... I see, seems I was looking at it all wrong, having said that, I do have a habit of reversing over myself, so could be either really.  Ok, might try one of those.  Bob, I live in the posh end of town (ha!) - Blacon - but for obvious reasons, my bike is securely garaged elsewhere. ;)

Offline bobtail

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2017, 11:41:18 am »
Blacon! I know lots of good folks from that neck of the woods. In fact the lad who services my alarm system lives in Blacon so he should know what he's doing ::)

We're in Higher Kinnerton so not all that far away from you.

Bob