Author Topic: Not what you expect in Warwickshire  (Read 1390 times)

Andym535

Not what you expect in Warwickshire
« on: August 27, 2019, 10:02:18 am »
Let's hope this is an isolated incident and the thieves get caught quickly...

https://www.warwickshire.police.uk/63368?fbclid=IwAR2ctloTtye1dH6KKEtB9OUIa3LM1-wIEP4q3PWQtgwV4t_ygcXYRTdL-KU

Offline fjtwelve

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Night Black K1200S 2008, Motorsport K1300S 2016
  • Modifications and add-ons:: K1200S: Low seat, Kahedo seat, full Akrapovic system, BSD remap, LED headlight bulbs, Pazzo levers, slate grey wheels, MRA Vario touring screen with inverted spoiler, RAM phone mount, RG crash bungs; Bagster tank bag & BMW large soft bag & BMW expanding panniers shared between bikes; K1300S LED headlights, RAM phone mount
Re: Not what you expect in Warwickshire
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2019, 11:09:13 am »
Exactly how does anyone help here, unless they witnessed the event? So what was the bike make, reg, colour? Fat lot of good that report is for anyone who may see the bike parked up in the "lets wait and see if theres a tracker" place, or gets offered parts, or sees it for sale. Or have they got the bike back already and just want the perps?

Offline richtea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2019, 11:36:01 am »
Haseley is the middle of nowhere (well, relatively speaking for the W Midlands). I've only heard of bikejacking in cities.

Did they stop the bike, or was it parked up?
Pure conjecture, but one that might work in a rural area is the 'biker in distress' type. You pull up to see if the guy has broken down, and his mates appear - followed by the van once they've levered your fingers off the handlebars.

Some advice:
https://www.bikerandbike.co.uk/bike-jacking/
https://webuyanybike.com/blog/motorcycle-jacking-be-prepared/

Offline Matt

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: KTM 1290 Super Duke GT
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Oberon slave cylinder, 3D printed nav mount
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2019, 07:06:12 pm »
Ugh. But searching their site for the same term only results in that one event. So hopefully it's not a trend. Unless that's a border area!
"Why was the spider disappointed after browsing the web? Because he couldn't find any fly downloads!"
Claude.ai effort at an original joke - 2022

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2019, 12:26:59 pm »
The one thing about Warwickshire is that it is only 2 minutes from Birmingham.

As I discovered the other day, so is Herefordshire! My local bike shop, Dual Sport Motorcycles, in Ledbury (once a main KTM dealer but sadly no longer) was turned over by four guys of Eastern European extraction at about 5am a few weeks ago.

They couldn't get in through the extremely heavily fortified roller-shutter doors (but buggered them in the process) and eventually bashed out the window bars to the office. All of this with the early dog walkers and commuters passing the end of the very short cul-de-sac.

One dog walker and one jogger called the police who (also having to come from some major metropolitan area in Kazakhstan) arrived in time for the alarm-alerted owner to serve tea and biscuits!

The car's reg. no. (helpfully scrawled on a neighbouring lady's garden wall in chalk by the jogger) was popped into the local Big Brother network where it was found to have triggered an ANPR camera in Pershore or somesuch, some twenty minutes later. Sum total of proceeds from the raid, £200 in petty cash from the office drawer.

Needless to say, the forensics were very thorough but so far the scum are still out marauding...wonder if it was the same bunch?

As to what you do in similar circumstances...