Author Topic: Wiring schematic / diagram K1200/K1300 ?  (Read 4723 times)

Offline carl0s

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Boosterplug, custom paint job, helibars, clutch modifications & rebuild, some cosmetics.
Wiring schematic / diagram K1200/K1300 ?
« on: December 08, 2017, 01:01:04 pm »
Hi. I'd like to find the CAN wires on the BMSK-P.

Anybody got a schematic?
--
Carl

Offline vm5

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: k1300s
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Modified and revalved wp esa shocks
Re: Wiring schematic / diagram K1200/K1300 ?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2017, 09:41:38 pm »
Maybe a dumb reply, but trying the scheme into ista-d?
e.g.:

Offline carl0s

• View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Boosterplug, custom paint job, helibars, clutch modifications & rebuild, some cosmetics.
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2017, 01:37:54 am »
Ah great, thank you. I'll have a look. I didn't realise schematics were in ista/d.

You'd think this stuff would be in the reprom but it's rubbish!
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 01:39:49 am by carl0s »
--
Carl

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2017, 09:27:37 am »
They don't want you tinkering! So stop it!!

Offline MadMountainbike

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200s
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Oberon Clutch Mod, K1300 silencer
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2017, 02:13:25 pm »
  ;D ;D ;D ;D
Sometime XC racer, zero bike skills. Keen skier, no technique. Ex President & hopeless optimist... Especially at high speed or high altitude.

Offline vm5

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2017, 09:50:38 pm »
There are a lot of scheme on ista-d unfortunately I'm not able to understand them :).
P.s. CarlOs have You tested improvements after upgrading the Ecu with ista_p?
I'm hesitant, Ista-p indicates that I've an old map on both engine and frame ecu; but the bike hasn't problems. I saw that usually ista-p fails and You've to use Winkfp to arrange them.

Offline carl0s

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2017, 06:33:50 pm »
There are a lot of scheme on ista-d unfortunately I'm not able to understand them :).
P.s. CarlOs have You tested improvements after upgrading the Ecu with ista_p?
I'm hesitant, Ista-p indicates that I've an old map on both engine and frame ecu; but the bike hasn't problems. I saw that usually ista-p fails and You've to use Winkfp to arrange them.

Hi :)

Well, I did do the Ista-P programming, and yes, I also had the DWA / Alarm flash failure and had to use Winkfp, but it was fine. There's a youtube video of me doing it and not really knowing what I'm doing as it's my first time.

Not sure I noticed any real differences though.

I have the Kess v2 & K Tag and they can do checksum correction, so I can read/modify/flash the ECU, but I don't have a good knowledge of the maps themselves. I'm working on a datalogger project at the moment so I can get lots of stuff recorded before I try to modify maps. Hopefully by the time I come to modify maps, I'll have a better understanding of how it all works. I know it's purely alpha-n, with fuel trim corrections in closed loop which I think are used to calculate typical BMW style additive & multiplicative trims which operate over the full range (i.e. including open loop). Those trim values can be read with tool32 / testo / kwp2000 anyway (kwp2000 $22 $40 $00 for analog values or 44,40,04 .. one is analog one is digital...)

My data logger should give me important stuff like (AFR (actual, from Zeitronic/wideband)), fuel trims, whether it was operating in open loop or closed loop, ignition angle, injector duration, etc. Oh and road speed, engine temperature, and throttle position of course.

It would be nice to find the bits where I don't like how it rides (part throttle cruise), and see what it's doing and maybe what I can set my sights on figuring out how to change.

I know people already offer remaps but it's a learning exercise on my 60,000 mile bike :)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 06:37:31 pm by carl0s »
--
Carl

Offline carl0s

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2017, 06:34:11 pm »

haha I know!
--
Carl

Offline vm5

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2017, 10:03:21 pm »
Wow! You're running too fast, I'm in trouble trying to follow Your experiments. But I read it with some interest.
 Some times ago I remember to have found some details on remapping a Motronic of the old 1100s on a russian site.
I'm not skilled on electronics; I've only  used ista after my numerous revalving of the Esa suspensions on my 1300s (finally I think I've reached a good balance between front and rear rather than the original fuzzy suspension tuning).

Offline carl0s

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2017, 10:56:22 pm »
Wow! You're running too fast, I'm in trouble trying to follow Your experiments. But I read it with some interest.
 Some times ago I remember to have found some details on remapping a Motronic of the old 1100s on a russian site.
I'm not skilled on electronics; I've only  used ista after my numerous revalving of the Esa suspensions on my 1300s (finally I think I've reached a good balance between front and rear rather than the original fuzzy suspension tuning).

Ah that's interesting. I thought my bike had come with faulty front ESA, so I changed it to a Wilburs with manual adjustment. In hindsight it's possible just the wiring was damaged... I haven't looked at the old shock since.

I'm only learning myself :) The girlfriend doesn't exactly approve. She doesn't understand why I want time to myself sometimes ;)
--
Carl

Offline vm5

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2017, 12:28:29 pm »
I'm o.t. but about the front shock I think that there's a problem with the "emulsion" configuration used. It's filled with a small quantity of gas but without a separator; the shock tube is too short for this configuration and it's easy that the gas pass though the piston mixed with oil. At the same time my 2011 model had a too weak configuration on the piston. On the other hand the rear shock was "granitic" and transferred  the bumps on the front. A gave a little explanation here http://eurokclub.bike/index.php?topic=2552.0 . As soon as I'll have the time, I'll make a post about the rear modifications.
In ista-d menues there is an useful way to check the esa shocks (mounted).
About the time passed on modifying the motorbike......my wife became a trouble :).

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2017, 05:56:19 pm »
Move the bike into the sitting room, or better still the bedroom and see if she takes the hint...

Offline carl0s

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2017, 07:02:02 pm »
Haha good idea :)
--
Carl