Author Topic: Not very new guy.  (Read 698 times)

Offline scorpy

• View Profile
Not very new guy.
« on: October 20, 2023, 12:30:10 pm »
Greetings. I'm the owner of 2 grinnall scorpion cars. One has the k1200s and the other has the K1300s engines. The earlier one I've owned from new, 2009. The second was a recent purchase,

Online black-k1

• An Original Old Git.
    • View Profile
    • The Old Gits
  • My K bike model:: ex K1200S, K1300S Sport & K1300S Motorsport owner. Now a Kawasaki H2 SX SE owner
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Upgrade to Kawasaki H2 SX SE! Almost 220bhp at the wheel! BST Carbon wheels and Sargent seat
Re: Not very new guy.
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2023, 12:33:06 pm »
Hello and welcome.

I know very little about the Scorpions. Was fitment of the BMW K engine common practice?
Correct rear brake use is scientifically proven to shorten stopping distances in EVERY road situation.

European Motorcycle Tours since 1998
The Old Gits - www.old-gits.org

Online Matt

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: KTM 1290 Super Duke GT
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Oberon slave cylinder, 3D printed nav mount
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2023, 12:47:41 pm »
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grinnall_Scorpion_III

Awesome! Have you used them on track much? If so, car day, bike day, goose day, or special day?!

And praise be to the FSM and all his little meatballs if you can run/build one of these you better show some photos! :D
"Why was the spider disappointed after browsing the web? Because he couldn't find any fly downloads!"
Claude.ai effort at an original joke - 2022

Online black-k1

• An Original Old Git.
    • View Profile
    • The Old Gits
  • My K bike model:: ex K1200S, K1300S Sport & K1300S Motorsport owner. Now a Kawasaki H2 SX SE owner
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Upgrade to Kawasaki H2 SX SE! Almost 220bhp at the wheel! BST Carbon wheels and Sargent seat
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2023, 01:50:22 pm »

Awesome! Have you used them on track much? If so, car day, bike day, goose day, or special day?!

And praise be to the FSM and all his little meatballs if you can run/build one of these you better show some photos! :D

Thanks for the link Matt though I think that refers to the brick engine. Mind you, a 300BHP K1100RS or K1 would be interesting! :D
Correct rear brake use is scientifically proven to shorten stopping distances in EVERY road situation.

European Motorcycle Tours since 1998
The Old Gits - www.old-gits.org

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2023, 09:25:06 pm »
Hi and welcome to the madhouse that is EuroKClub!

The clue is in the K40 part of the designation I guess. Brian

Online Matt

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: KTM 1290 Super Duke GT
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Oberon slave cylinder, 3D printed nav mount
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2023, 09:59:27 am »

Thanks for the link Matt though I think that refers to the brick engine. Mind you, a 300BHP K1100RS or K1 would be interesting! :D

Ah I spotted the k1200 ref at the end.. That's k40 engine yeah?

In 2008 Grinnall offered the Scorpion III with the BMW K40 engine which Grinnall claim is producing over 167 bhp (125 kW; 169 PS) at the rear wheel.

Either way: want one.
"Why was the spider disappointed after browsing the web? Because he couldn't find any fly downloads!"
Claude.ai effort at an original joke - 2022