Author Topic: Millage  (Read 3261 times)

Offline Eyore

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200S
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Lots of Polish. Titax levers. GPR end can.R&G Protectors, carbon fibre bling, Tom Tom mount,daytime led lights.Low seat.Oberon clutch slave cylinder.Airblade DB screen,fender extender.Michael Dunlop sticker.
Re: Millage
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2018, 01:12:35 pm »
Worn engines pumping out clouds of black smoke were par for the course "back in the day", you don't see that much these days at all
The fastest Pizza delivery bike in the west.

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2018, 01:37:06 pm »
You wouldn't have seen much at all if you had been behind my big diesel's exhausts...😎

Offline slparry

• View Profile
    • My webspace
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2018, 08:39:41 am »
Anything over 2.5K miles per year on a bike is classed as above average miles and dealers will start shaking their heads and making excuses why they can't give you a decent trade in.

Yep Glasses guide average mileage is about 2000 miles or so. Sadly dragged down by the sports bike guys hibernating over winter and wet days :D

I have four bikes on the road (insurance allows 4 on one policy) and spread the mileage out over all of them. Even so I average 4 to 6 thousand a year on each then plus the mileage on the car.

There seems to be a mental hurdle at over 20000 miles, so if possible change at 18000 to 19000 maybe?

In reality there's enough doing low mileage to pull down the averages for the rest then dealerships kind of have their hands tied. If there are low mileage bikes out there they have to have greater allowances as there's more value in them.
--

Steve Parry
Sales @ Chester KTM
Oppressed since 1958

Current fleet: '14 F800GS, '87 R80RS, '03 R1100S BoxerCup, '90 K1 .... '15 R12RT LC LE :D

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2018, 11:15:51 am »
Damn Steve! You sound more a bike salesman every day  8)

Offline TurboBevy

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S 30TH ANNI
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2018, 10:26:18 am »
Worn engines pumping out clouds of black smoke were par for the course "back in the day", you don't see that much these days at all

You've not been stuck behind a Stagecoach bus recently then?
In the name of God, please let me die in peace! Voltaire...

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2018, 11:00:30 am »
Murco anyone?