Author Topic: Lackadaisical dealer dealings!  (Read 9937 times)

Offline Dusty

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200R Sport; 2007
Re: Lackadaisical dealer dealings!
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2015, 10:38:13 am »
Yes, Brian, and if you're referring to Gaelic, it's a complete nonsense! It was never was spoken throughout Scotland, being restricted to the north and west. Its "revival" is just another marketing ploy by the SNP;we're seeing bilingual road signs in areas of Scotland that have never spoken the language..ever!  However, I probably shouldn't be surprised after the same corrupted approach was applied to tartan and kilts in the 19th century.

Online Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2015, 10:47:29 am »
...and then there are the road signs in Northumberland urging drivers to 'Gan Canny'! Wonder what the French (or even the English or the Scots) think of that.

Brian (who thinks all English road signs should be in Anglo-Saxon, which would make it much easier for the German visitors to our shores  :o )

Offline TomL

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2015, 06:44:05 pm »
What about all those Albanian Royal Air Force signs in Wales  ???
As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Offline bobtail

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200S (05) departed but well loved! Now R1200RS I am now a Boxerboy.
  • Modifications and add-ons:: I had no bling on my K12 and was proud of it! And it never, ever let me down, honest! And it still had the o.e. battery going strong, honest!
« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2015, 11:17:03 am »
???what??? Am I missing summat?

Bob
Are we there yet? I said ARE WE THERE YET? I SAID ARE WE THERE YET?!!

Online Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2015, 12:24:03 pm »
We have Welsh signs in Hampshire too

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2191642/Whats-doing-Motorists-baffled-Welsh-road-sign-appeared-Hampshire-suburb.html

Brian (who thinks it is a lot money for the 4 folks that actually speak it  ;D )

Offline TomL

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2015, 01:06:44 pm »
???what??? Am I missing summat?

Bob
ARAF Bob on the approach to some of the better bends.  ;)
As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Offline bobtail

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200S (05) departed but well loved! Now R1200RS I am now a Boxerboy.
  • Modifications and add-ons:: I had no bling on my K12 and was proud of it! And it never, ever let me down, honest! And it still had the o.e. battery going strong, honest!
« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2015, 01:10:39 pm »
Oh I see silly me bit slow on the ole uptake this morning. Yep got loads of them round here doesn't seem to make any difference to the muppets who tear through our village at speeds they shouldn't be doing even with raised platforms, speed restriction humps, flashing signs etc. etc. Some of the worst offenders...public service vehicles!

Bob
Are we there yet? I said ARE WE THERE YET? I SAID ARE WE THERE YET?!!