Author Topic: In the crate to home  (Read 8105 times)

Offline Blobby

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300R
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Fuel filler mod
In the crate to home
« on: June 12, 2016, 11:44:53 am »

« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 11:47:02 am by Blobby »

Offline Costas

• Riders drive K, a Hawk flies, both are fast
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BMW Motorrad rider and pillion HP4 pegs,10-30 lit tank bag, SENA for BMW intercom system. Evo air filters. TechSpec tank pads. MIZU lowering dogbone system. B2 accelerator. Wunderlich adjustable levers, hub , brake caliber protectors, duolever bold protector. Turatech ABS Sensor protectors. IDE bars. Rizoma rear led signal lights, bar ends with lever protectors. Sargent complete system seat (pod, pillion backrest). Shrodie side badge led signal lights two modes. LED lights 2X35W 3000k high beam, 10W parking two modes. Tracker. Metisse front wheel protector sliders. R&G water pump protector, cardan protector. Ilmberger carbon set. Ztechnic tank protector,DT wimglets.
  • Location:: Athens, Greece, KS-Loutsa 37°58'16.6"N 23°59'06.8"E 37.971269, 23.985224
Re: In the crate to home
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2016, 11:52:51 am »
What is the essential piece of info we miss here?
Embrace the wind.

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2016, 12:16:50 pm »
Er, yes! Why a crate and why on the way home?

Offline richtea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2016, 04:05:46 pm »
Brand new, maybe? Looks v v clean.
That top pic looks like a factory, and there are some other BMW(?) bikes in the background.

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2016, 05:01:49 pm »
....and that is a weird place to keep the keys, dangling from the number plate hanger in a couple of bunches  :o

And, signs saying welcome to our 'something' premiere and 'This weeks manager's specials'!
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 05:05:27 pm by Phmode »

Offline lanerider

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: k1300r
  • Modifications and add-ons:: All sorts added on and still adding on and on cant see me stopping
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2016, 05:54:29 pm »
Perhaps it goes every where by crate saves the mileage   ::)
lanerider

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2016, 07:11:08 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

A million miles before the shims need checking?

Offline Blobby

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2016, 08:35:57 pm »
Sorry I should have explained more, but i was on rushing out.
The crate picture was sent to me by the dealer when it was delivered and the other was the day i bought it home.

I like to take a before and after picture, after being when it has dirt in the nooks and crannies that'll not go.

Coopers in Tunbridge Wells sells both Cars and Bikes

Offline TomL

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2016, 09:09:35 pm »
It is one of those bikes that looks better in the crate. Especially with all the cardboard on. ;)
As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

gibbo

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2016, 07:04:31 am »
Lovely bike that Blob.  ;) But didn't your last K1300R only have a couple of thousand miles on the clock? Just wondering.  :)

Offline Costas

• Riders drive K, a Hawk flies, both are fast
    • View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BMW Motorrad rider and pillion HP4 pegs,10-30 lit tank bag, SENA for BMW intercom system. Evo air filters. TechSpec tank pads. MIZU lowering dogbone system. B2 accelerator. Wunderlich adjustable levers, hub , brake caliber protectors, duolever bold protector. Turatech ABS Sensor protectors. IDE bars. Rizoma rear led signal lights, bar ends with lever protectors. Sargent complete system seat (pod, pillion backrest). Shrodie side badge led signal lights two modes. LED lights 2X35W 3000k high beam, 10W parking two modes. Tracker. Metisse front wheel protector sliders. R&G water pump protector, cardan protector. Ilmberger carbon set. Ztechnic tank protector,DT wimglets.
  • Location:: Athens, Greece, KS-Loutsa 37°58'16.6"N 23°59'06.8"E 37.971269, 23.985224
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2016, 07:12:27 am »
We were  both confused and relieved.  8)
Embrace the wind.

Offline Blobby

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2016, 07:32:39 am »
Lovely bike that Blob.  ;) But didn't your last K1300R only have a couple of thousand miles on the clock? Just wondering.  :)
No it's the same bike i bought in 2014, I thought i would make a start on posting pictures of my bikes.
Couple of thousand??? Haven't reach 2,000 yet. With a combination of crap weather and busy weekends I haven't had time to get out on it.

It is one of those bikes that looks better in the crate. Especially with all the cardboard on. ;)
  :'( :'( :'( :'( Leave my baby alone. I wanted a naked bike to help me get a better prospective of speed, plus I don't like the look of the S, the side of is a bit to plain for my liking

Offline OxMan

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Just sold my K1300R Dynamic in Racing Red (The fastest colour) - and taken delivery of my Guzzi.
  • Modifications and add-ons:: It's a TT Travel : with panniers; high screen; heated grips; cruise; low comfort seat; top box (!); centre stand; Ohlins; Akra sports can; engine bars; extra front fogs; Caponord mudguard/extended...
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2016, 08:15:51 am »
Look forward to seeing you around the winding roads of West Sussex...

...hold on though...

...black on black on black colour scheme... Maybe you'd be better off keeping an eye out for me!
Late emerging biker - took the first bike plunge at 50 with a 12GT : swapped for a 13S 9 months in... then got my mitts on a lovely 2014 13R Dynamic in rrrrrracing rrrrred! Then the COVID came along... so I upped it to France and bought a V85TT... O Sole Mio etc etc!

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2016, 12:10:29 pm »
I'm definitely avoiding Sussex! Two black holes colliding would eliminate the sun  8)

Offline fjtwelve

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Night Black K1200S 2008, Motorsport K1300S 2016
  • Modifications and add-ons:: K1200S: Low seat, Kahedo seat, full Akrapovic system, BSD remap, LED headlight bulbs, Pazzo levers, slate grey wheels, MRA Vario touring screen with inverted spoiler, RAM phone mount, RG crash bungs; Bagster tank bag & BMW large soft bag & BMW expanding panniers shared between bikes; K1300S LED headlights, RAM phone mount
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2016, 06:09:08 pm »
I'll let you know when I'm travelling through, black leathers boots gloves helmet and bike. Oh and a pair of Zaphods sunglasses that turn completely black when they sense danger so you don't get frightened because you cant see it.... 8)