Author Topic: Ireland trip.  (Read 1305 times)

Offline mab1067

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S Motorsport
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Titanium / red short levers, Invisible patterns, Modified rack to fit Givi topbox. Large BMW Soft bag.
Ireland trip.
« on: June 28, 2017, 04:44:49 pm »
Set off from Peterhead to CairnRyan and onto Larne. Spent night in Holiday inn at Belfast and no issue what so ever with room and food. Journey down was nightmare and never seen so many speed cameras on last stretch or roads that spoiled what should be a perfect road.
Anyways following morning sets off to Galway via Muff as they have a diving club apparently. Immature i know but a full member now,lol. Good roads and weather was fantastic. Spent the night in Galway and again great food and a couple of beers etc. So headed off to Cork and took the Wild Atlantic way which led to a few off piste adventures but Sat Nav eventually sorted us out. Amazing scenery nad the N67 was the highlight of the day. Tried to head down the coast but getting late and missed the far south west corner (best bit of roads missed i think. Again stayed at the University of Cork campus and walked into town where the Steaks at the SoHo spors bar were fantastic. Next stop Dublin. Great roads again and looks like all roads in Southern Ireland have been re-laid over the last five years, amazing what a bit of Euro Union cash can do. Good night in Dublin and hotel was great. Hottest day so far and almost 30 degrees. Anyways we then headed back to Belfast and went to the Titanic experiance as few hours to kill. Nice building although 2 hours of my life i wont get back :-\. Ferry to Cairn Ryan headed to Dumfries for the night. What a differance, no speed cameras and true biking road on the A75. Next morning onto the A701 & A702 along the coast road to Dundee and home. All in all a great trip and covered approx 1600miles.
Some pics attached but my phone decided to part company on the N67 and smashed(now repaired). Mate dropped bike and a little damage caused, other than that would go back and ensure we did the coast road all the way to the deepest south west.

Mark Barbour

Offline Eyore

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200S
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Lots of Polish. Titax levers. GPR end can.R&G Protectors, carbon fibre bling, Tom Tom mount,daytime led lights.Low seat.Oberon clutch slave cylinder.Airblade DB screen,fender extender.Michael Dunlop sticker.
Re: Ireland trip.
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2017, 05:46:01 pm »
Glad you had a good time, shame I didn't know you were heading this way or I would have joined you for an hour or four. Bet you passed by my house if you took the ferry across the Shannon from Killimer to Tarbert.  You really need 5 days to do the whole Wild Atlantic Way in comfort and see everything.
The fastest Pizza delivery bike in the west.