Author Topic: Took my new lid for a spin.  (Read 3387 times)

Offline Eyore

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200S
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Lots of Polish. Titax levers. GPR end can.R&G Protectors, carbon fibre bling, Tom Tom mount,daytime led lights.Low seat.Oberon clutch slave cylinder.Airblade DB screen,fender extender.Michael Dunlop sticker.
Took my new lid for a spin.
« on: May 28, 2017, 06:27:34 pm »
Thought I had better take my new Arai Chaser X for a spin having forked out all that money. Its a replacement for the Arai Quantum I have been using for some 6/7 years. Absolutely love it, quiet , well ventilated and comfortable even on the first outing for 6 hours riding.The new Arai visor lock mechanism takes a bit of getting used to ,to open but means the visor when shut is a lovely tight fit.
The funny pattern on the black is the clouds  :o ::)

The fastest Pizza delivery bike in the west.

Offline Costas

• Riders drive K, a Hawk flies, both are fast
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BMW Motorrad rider and pillion HP4 pegs,10-30 lit tank bag, SENA for BMW intercom system. Evo air filters. TechSpec tank pads. MIZU lowering dogbone system. B2 accelerator. Wunderlich adjustable levers, hub , brake caliber protectors, duolever bold protector. Turatech ABS Sensor protectors. IDE bars. Rizoma rear led signal lights, bar ends with lever protectors. Sargent complete system seat (pod, pillion backrest). Shrodie side badge led signal lights two modes. LED lights 2X35W 3000k high beam, 10W parking two modes. Tracker. Metisse front wheel protector sliders. R&G water pump protector, cardan protector. Ilmberger carbon set. Ztechnic tank protector,DT wimglets.
  • Location:: Athens, Greece, KS-Loutsa 37°58'16.6"N 23°59'06.8"E 37.971269, 23.985224
Re: Took my new lid for a spin.
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2017, 07:11:26 pm »
Like the colors
Embrace the wind.

Offline Eyore

• View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Lots of Polish. Titax levers. GPR end can.R&G Protectors, carbon fibre bling, Tom Tom mount,daytime led lights.Low seat.Oberon clutch slave cylinder.Airblade DB screen,fender extender.Michael Dunlop sticker.
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2017, 08:13:00 pm »
Like the colors
o
Of course it means I have to keep the bike ;D Which will be no hardship as long as it behaves itself.

Offline Expo

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: k1300s
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2017, 08:26:06 pm »
Nice skid lid, good colour/design match. Bike, rider and helmet in perfect harmony  8)
"Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence."

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2017, 08:57:24 pm »
I would take the helmet into Halfruads immediately and get them to replicate the 'cloudy day' black paint, just so 'British' as it were  8)

Offline Dusty

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200R Sport; 2007
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2017, 09:18:48 pm »
Lovely helmet. But a quiet Arai? Really?

Offline Eyore

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2017, 10:03:57 pm »
Lovely helmet. But a quiet Arai? Really?

Yes honestly. They have changed the air vent system , its a completely new shell shape, and the fact that the visor locks down and seals probably helps.

Offline Dusty

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200R Sport; 2007
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2017, 07:39:34 am »
That is good news. I always assumed that it was the side cheek plates that caused the noise on mine. I love my Arai but had decided, when the time comes, to replace it with a Shoei to benefit from reduced noise and, possibly an integral sun visor. You may have changed my mind!

Offline Eyore

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2017, 11:29:08 am »
The sidepods are a lot smaller than they used to be too. But yes a sunvisor would be useful and I too considered a Shoei before taking the plunge.

Offline Twisty

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2017, 11:35:57 am »
My lovely wife doesn't have a sun visor in her helmet so I bought her a light sensitive Pinlock which she says is brilliant.

Ride safe
Dave

BMW R1200gs LC

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2017, 01:04:26 pm »
So, tell me, what exactly is the significance of the "2013 TT Isle of Man" sticker on the visor?

Or, what was the significance of the TT in 2013?

Just wondrin'  8)

Offline Eyore

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2017, 01:24:21 pm »
Its a trophy sticker from the TT matched by a 2016 one on the other side. At the TT Arai have a factory  service stand that is there to check and repair/service racers Arai helmets, they will also do them for anyone who owns an Arai. They produce a special shaped visor sticker every year, just something nice to have.

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2017, 01:53:06 pm »
Cool!

Offline Costas

• Riders drive K, a Hawk flies, both are fast
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BMW Motorrad rider and pillion HP4 pegs,10-30 lit tank bag, SENA for BMW intercom system. Evo air filters. TechSpec tank pads. MIZU lowering dogbone system. B2 accelerator. Wunderlich adjustable levers, hub , brake caliber protectors, duolever bold protector. Turatech ABS Sensor protectors. IDE bars. Rizoma rear led signal lights, bar ends with lever protectors. Sargent complete system seat (pod, pillion backrest). Shrodie side badge led signal lights two modes. LED lights 2X35W 3000k high beam, 10W parking two modes. Tracker. Metisse front wheel protector sliders. R&G water pump protector, cardan protector. Ilmberger carbon set. Ztechnic tank protector,DT wimglets.
  • Location:: Athens, Greece, KS-Loutsa 37°58'16.6"N 23°59'06.8"E 37.971269, 23.985224
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2017, 03:57:03 pm »
Cool to my eyes too.
Embrace the wind.