Author Topic: Tour of the Ijesselmeer  (Read 3005 times)

Offline fjtwelve

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Night Black K1200S 2008, Motorsport K1300S 2016
  • Modifications and add-ons:: K1200S: Low seat, Kahedo seat, full Akrapovic system, BSD remap, LED headlight bulbs, Pazzo levers, slate grey wheels, MRA Vario touring screen with inverted spoiler, RAM phone mount, RG crash bungs; Bagster tank bag & BMW large soft bag & BMW expanding panniers shared between bikes; K1300S LED headlights, RAM phone mount
Tour of the Ijesselmeer
« on: June 19, 2016, 05:56:03 pm »

I would have asked you but I only decided to go when I got up this morning. Roads are a bit straight but there was so little traffic it was a pleasure mostly. Got some filthy looks from cyclists along the top of the dyke near Hoorn but I was following some Dutch bikers so suck it up boys. The man above had the idea of enclosing 3500km2 of sea with a 32km dike in 1891, that's vision for you, but he died 2 years before they closed the dike unfortunately

This wasn't what I expected to find on the motorway , don't think the copper on a blue light job was either (hastening to a car which a appeared to have rolled on a dead straight bit about 5km further on)

And then there were all the hard core bikers in virtually angels clothing I met at the road house going over the Zuider Zee. Didn't speak to me atall (and neither di the BMW group that arrived later snotty gits) but I was hard put not to smirk as they all pulled out on a fleet of Puch Maxis Fizze=ies and other assorted mopeds

And this town wasn't as bad as its name suggests

Offline Costas

• Riders drive K, a Hawk flies, both are fast
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BMW Motorrad rider and pillion HP4 pegs,10-30 lit tank bag, SENA for BMW intercom system. Evo air filters. TechSpec tank pads. MIZU lowering dogbone system. B2 accelerator. Wunderlich adjustable levers, hub , brake caliber protectors, duolever bold protector. Turatech ABS Sensor protectors. IDE bars. Rizoma rear led signal lights, bar ends with lever protectors. Sargent complete system seat (pod, pillion backrest). Shrodie side badge led signal lights two modes. LED lights 2X35W 3000k high beam, 10W parking two modes. Tracker. Metisse front wheel protector sliders. R&G water pump protector, cardan protector. Ilmberger carbon set. Ztechnic tank protector,DT wimglets.
  • Location:: Athens, Greece, KS-Loutsa 37°58'16.6"N 23°59'06.8"E 37.971269, 23.985224
Re: Tour of the Ijesselmeer
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2016, 06:41:32 pm »
Nice  ;)
Embrace the wind.

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2016, 06:46:04 pm »
I assume there was more warning for the lift bridges than the striped pole  8)

At least the guys on the funky mopeds won't fall foul of the Dutch coppers for speeding, there being no hills to race down in Holland  ???

Online raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Yamaha FJR (2013)
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2016, 06:59:04 pm »
I'll move this to ride out reports, seeing as you've already done it.

Offline Steve F

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: R1200RT
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2016, 07:04:25 pm »
At least the guys on the funky mopeds won't fall foul of the Dutch coppers for speeding, there being no hills to race down in Holland  ???

Ooooh yes there is/are...! Well, one maybe, in the South beyond Maastricht rising to a staggering 1053 feet !!! ;) Otherwise, it I is indeed flat as a proverbial pancake!

Offline fjtwelve

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Night Black K1200S 2008, Motorsport K1300S 2016
  • Modifications and add-ons:: K1200S: Low seat, Kahedo seat, full Akrapovic system, BSD remap, LED headlight bulbs, Pazzo levers, slate grey wheels, MRA Vario touring screen with inverted spoiler, RAM phone mount, RG crash bungs; Bagster tank bag & BMW large soft bag & BMW expanding panniers shared between bikes; K1300S LED headlights, RAM phone mount
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2016, 07:24:10 pm »
Sorry rae realised after that I'd probably put it in the wrong place

More warning than the stripy poles? Not much, first thing I saw was brake lights there might have been a traffic light can't remember.

Offline Expo

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: k1300s
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2016, 11:18:44 pm »
Wasn't it a Dutch lift bridge that cought out that young band and their manager a short while ago. Very tragic and I suppose we may never know why they run the queue of cars and skirted the barrier
"Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence."

Offline Steve F

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: R1200RT
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2016, 04:31:16 am »
I assume there was more warning for the lift bridges than the striped pole  8)

Hang on Brian....there's a 'effin great big slab of raised road on both sides along with the poxy striped barrier with its red fairy lights! ;) :)
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 04:33:22 am by Steve F »

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2016, 02:26:54 pm »
Of course! Silly me!

I think Rae is right about the band. Tragic!

Offline richtea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2016, 09:06:32 pm »
Wasn't it a Dutch lift bridge that cought out that young band and their manager a short while ago. Very tragic and I suppose we may never know why they run the queue of cars and skirted the barrier

Sweden. Viola Beach.
I only remember because my daughter was at their last UK gig two days before.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viola_Beach