Author Topic: K1200S  (Read 131832 times)

Offline fjtwelve

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Night Black K1200S 2008, Motorsport K1300S 2016
  • Modifications and add-ons:: K1200S: Low seat, Kahedo seat, full Akrapovic system, BSD remap, LED headlight bulbs, Pazzo levers, slate grey wheels, MRA Vario touring screen with inverted spoiler, RAM phone mount, RG crash bungs; Bagster tank bag & BMW large soft bag & BMW expanding panniers shared between bikes; K1300S LED headlights, RAM phone mount
Re: K1200S
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2017, 03:52:01 pm »
67000 last night, top of Countisbury Hill before you drop at 1 in 4 into Lynmouth. Glorious evening for riding, bike smooth as custard and very quick, no chicken strips left and the left peg scraping. I obviously like lefthand bends as the right peg is still untouched

« Last Edit: August 26, 2017, 04:09:31 pm by fjtwelve »

Offline fjtwelve

• View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: K1200S: Low seat, Kahedo seat, full Akrapovic system, BSD remap, LED headlight bulbs, Pazzo levers, slate grey wheels, MRA Vario touring screen with inverted spoiler, RAM phone mount, RG crash bungs; Bagster tank bag & BMW large soft bag & BMW expanding panniers shared between bikes; K1300S LED headlights, RAM phone mount
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2017, 04:06:30 pm »
So the kinked fuel pipe has fixed the missing litre problem, and I can get 20,7 litres in again. How do I know? I ran out again and pushed it again, 1.4 miles this time, with 3 miles range showing on the computer. So the fuel gauge is doing something funny and unpredictable having been very stable for 18 months. Having got to the garage I found I'd left my wallet at work so having persuaded the (foreign) fuel attendant I would come back, left my name address phone number reg no, rode back to site, persuaded security to let me in then couldn't get out because they wanted to talk about my bike, and back to the garage. Motorcycling. Every trip is a little adventure.

Offline Costas

• Riders drive K, a Hawk flies, both are fast
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BMW Motorrad rider and pillion HP4 pegs,10-30 lit tank bag, SENA for BMW intercom system. Evo air filters. TechSpec tank pads. MIZU lowering dogbone system. B2 accelerator. Wunderlich adjustable levers, hub , brake caliber protectors, duolever bold protector. Turatech ABS Sensor protectors. IDE bars. Rizoma rear led signal lights, bar ends with lever protectors. Sargent complete system seat (pod, pillion backrest). Shrodie side badge led signal lights two modes. LED lights 2X35W 3000k high beam, 10W parking two modes. Tracker. Metisse front wheel protector sliders. R&G water pump protector, cardan protector. Ilmberger carbon set. Ztechnic tank protector,DT wimglets.
  • Location:: Athens, Greece, KS-Loutsa 37°58'16.6"N 23°59'06.8"E 37.971269, 23.985224
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2017, 07:15:12 pm »
Nice story , lesson learned do not trust gauge after less than 10 miles left.
Embrace the wind.

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2017, 12:56:14 am »
Which pipe was the kinked one Martin? The only pipe I can think of that would cause the low fill would be the breather pipe.

Offline fjtwelve

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2017, 08:49:42 am »
Correct

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2017, 12:37:15 am »
I'm surprised, especially as you have the filler mod iirc. Just shows how finicky bike tanks are to fill.

Offline fjtwelve

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2017, 08:04:21 pm »
68000 this morning. No pic as it was very weather warning windy, very wet, very dark and I was trying very hard not to be late for my 0730 meeting by using the A30 and M5 without being caught. I think the days of scratching up and down the A39 may be over for 2017. :-[

So here's a picture of our "new" Dalmatian and a Harley I found in the car park at work instead

I found another Harley at the petrol station (2.4mile push this time) that someone had reversed into. I had to kick his sidestand straight for him as it had bent . Fortunately it had fallen away from the side with the turbo on  :o. Had twisted the forks in the yokes so he was in for an interesting ride home methinks

Offline Eyore

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200S
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Lots of Polish. Titax levers. GPR end can.R&G Protectors, carbon fibre bling, Tom Tom mount,daytime led lights.Low seat.Oberon clutch slave cylinder.Airblade DB screen,fender extender.Michael Dunlop sticker.
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2017, 08:07:20 pm »
I think I prefer the dog. :)
The fastest Pizza delivery bike in the west.

Offline richtea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2017, 08:37:23 pm »
I think I prefer the dog. :)

Which one?

Ho

Ho

Ho

Offline Eyore

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200S
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Lots of Polish. Titax levers. GPR end can.R&G Protectors, carbon fibre bling, Tom Tom mount,daytime led lights.Low seat.Oberon clutch slave cylinder.Airblade DB screen,fender extender.Michael Dunlop sticker.
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2017, 09:47:45 pm »
To avoid any confusion . The canine spotty one. ;D
The fastest Pizza delivery bike in the west.

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2017, 09:30:32 am »
There is no confusion, both dogs...

So, Martin, is this pushing lark in lieu of joining a gym or are you just getting senile in your advancing years.

Time you bought a spare fuel bottle like wot I use, when I remember 🙄

Offline fjtwelve

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2017, 07:47:53 pm »
So well past 69000 miles now. I did take some nice pictures at JHS Racing where they changed my Pirellis for some PR3s at 69060, but managed to delete them from my phone during a small IT saga involving a PC 2 laptops and 3 phones. The Pirellis lasted 6259miles and may have gone further had I not changed to using the A30/M5 due to the deteriorating weather and having to be here at 730 on a Monday morning. 160 miles up the A39 in the dark and wet with added leaves did not appeal any more than getting up at 4am did either. The motorway squared off the last bit of the tyre and the handling went a bit weird, but up to that point I was very happy with them, preferred to the Roadtec01. A very good summer tyre, but not quite as glued to the road in the wet as the PR3 so, as its mostly wet now rather than mostly dry, I went back to the tried and tested.
The Merlin gloves have so far been dry, but weirdly feel wet sometimes, the inner liner is a bit like a neoprene wetsuit material. They can be a bit of a faff to put on but I'm getting used to that. Think I might have been better with a size that fitted a bit more loosely. They are not especially warm (unless its warm when they are too hot) , but I'm waiting for winter to bite a bit harder to get the full range of performance and then i'll stick a report in the relevant board.
The Alpine Stars oversuit so far is good, no marathon wet trips yet to get the proper performance assessed. Occasionally get a damp neck but cannot work out why as high collar same as BMW suit.
So knocking on the door of 70k miles now and into year 10, the bike is still in good enough nick to attract comment. However I am starting to see signs of wear and tear, there's paint bubbling, the paintwork is starting to show little marks and nicks. Everything is still solid though. I rode to work without earplugs this morning and there's nothing rattling or squeaking or loose that I can hear or see. Keep plugging a way with the ACF50, GT85, MucOff and turtlewax and I think it'll last for a while yet. Especially if the nice policeman who stopped me in his unmarked X5 in the dark at 0545 on a deserted A30 last Monday decides 87 is too fast. Fully electronic nick, no paper involved, hasn't given me anything no producer no ticket nothing. Is this the way it works now?

Update. Found the photos. Don't ask

Always fancied a 1000 Katana but probably too late now
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 05:37:51 pm by fjtwelve »

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2017, 09:26:35 pm »
Lovely diary update Martin, just lovely!

Glad to see you are back on the PR's seeing as summer went so quickly, was it something that you said...

Despite the punctures, the head races and the awful, awful fuelling, once you got it sorted it does seem to have been one of the good ones, doesn't it?

So, were you nicked, nicked, or just told off, nicked?

The big problem with the 'modern' world is that the nicker gets to see your record before he decides to nick you. In the good old days, you wouldn't have shown your licence, well, not your licence anyway, and the copper might have given you the benefit of the doubt and let you off with a gypsies nod!

These days he knows you are a bad, bad boy before he even pulls you over and that just don't seem fair, do it?

Brian (who wonders if the old girl is going to get ridden into the sunset or sold off to the highest bidder before she starts to lose her pulling power....💃🏿

Offline fjtwelve

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2017, 05:44:56 pm »
70001 . Unfortunately going to be spending lots of time on the a30 and m5 in the next few months

Offline Costas

• Riders drive K, a Hawk flies, both are fast
    • View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BMW Motorrad rider and pillion HP4 pegs,10-30 lit tank bag, SENA for BMW intercom system. Evo air filters. TechSpec tank pads. MIZU lowering dogbone system. B2 accelerator. Wunderlich adjustable levers, hub , brake caliber protectors, duolever bold protector. Turatech ABS Sensor protectors. IDE bars. Rizoma rear led signal lights, bar ends with lever protectors. Sargent complete system seat (pod, pillion backrest). Shrodie side badge led signal lights two modes. LED lights 2X35W 3000k high beam, 10W parking two modes. Tracker. Metisse front wheel protector sliders. R&G water pump protector, cardan protector. Ilmberger carbon set. Ztechnic tank protector,DT wimglets.
  • Location:: Athens, Greece, KS-Loutsa 37°58'16.6"N 23°59'06.8"E 37.971269, 23.985224
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2017, 06:00:28 pm »
Nice narration.  Sorry about he x5 man .
Embrace the wind.