Author Topic: Abba Stand K1200s. Inner Pannier bags. FOR SALE  (Read 2309 times)

Offline scootinstevey

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: 07 K1200s
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Remus can, R&G protectors, baglux cover, bar risers, booster plug
Abba Stand K1200s. Inner Pannier bags. FOR SALE
« on: April 27, 2019, 12:03:12 pm »
Hi all,   I have a brand new (still in wrapping). Abba Superbikes Stand with fitting kit
for a K1200s.   I believe it will fit R models as well as the 1300s?   (Please correct me if I am wrong).  Just never got round to using it.

Looking for £60,  can post have not costed yet, but let’s say £10.  I also
Travel in southern England for work so could possibly deliver / meet somewhere depending where you are.

I also have some inner Pannier bags BMW Part No. 7 692 131. They are in excellent condition.
£30 the pair £5 postage.

Thanks Steve

Offline CC Mac

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K 1200 R SPORT
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Ohlins front and rear, Black Laminar screen , grip puppies, adjustable brake and clutch levers, Phillips extreme vision bulbs,.
Re: Abba Stand K1200s. Inner Pannier bags. FOR SALE
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2019, 08:19:20 pm »
Abba stands are excellent and that is very cheap for a new one.
Watchin you Focker

Offline drumwrecker

• View Profile
    • Coombs Family Page
  • My K bike model:: K1300s 2009
  • Modifications and add-ons:: rear splash guard, Sargent seat and pod, 35mm bar risers
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2019, 09:38:22 am »
Is it a front or rear Abba stand?
Its not always the destination that counts its the ride, having a destination just stops you going round in circles.

gibbo

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2019, 08:37:06 am »
I believe this stand fits near the centre of the bike in a pivotal position. Fits pretty much any bike, it's just the fitting kit that you need to order to suit your particular bike/model. I've just ordered one of these stands with a ZZR fitting kit (about £15 for the kit). If I'd seen Steve's one for sale earlier I would have bought it and just purchased the kit. Worth it at £60.  ;)

Offline black-k1

• An Original Old Git.
    • View Profile
    • The Old Gits
  • My K bike model:: ex K1200S, K1300S Sport & K1300S Motorsport owner. Now a Kawasaki H2 SX SE owner
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Upgrade to Kawasaki H2 SX SE! Almost 220bhp at the wheel! BST Carbon wheels and Sargent seat
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2019, 09:14:03 am »
Ron: the front stand is just a "lever on wheels" that fits under the header pipes and lifts the front wheel off the ground when the main Abba stand is in use supporting the bikes weight. Assuming you already have a main Abba stand then I suggest that a trolley jack and a bit of wood would do the same job and probably already exist in your garage - thus are free!!! :D If you don't already have a main Abba stand the front Abba stand is pointless.
Correct rear brake use is scientifically proven to shorten stopping distances in EVERY road situation.

European Motorcycle Tours since 1998
The Old Gits - www.old-gits.org

Offline drumwrecker

• View Profile
    • Coombs Family Page
  • My K bike model:: K1300s 2009
  • Modifications and add-ons:: rear splash guard, Sargent seat and pod, 35mm bar risers
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2019, 11:08:17 pm »
I would rather use a front stand that allows front wheel removal rather than have the weight of the bike on the exhaust pipes.
Strange I changed the front tyre today using my trolley jack to raise the bike but don't feel comfortable doing it.
Its not always the destination that counts its the ride, having a destination just stops you going round in circles.

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2019, 04:21:14 pm »
It might not be a jolly track, but a lift under the pipes is exactly what the stealers use... ::)

Offline TomL

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2019, 06:25:40 pm »
Always done it even on Ron's bike.
As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2019, 03:07:02 pm »
Shhh! You’ll have him getting paranormal... ;D