Author Topic: Grip Puppies alternatives  (Read 5647 times)

Offline Swindon Andy

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S Motorsport
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Straight bar conversion, HID dip, clear front indicators, LED rear indicators, TomTom mount, top box (on rare occasions)
Re: Grip Puppies alternatives
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2024, 10:47:43 am »
6' tall, average build. Wrist ache was the main culprit. The superbike bar conversion really is fine, come and see mine if you like.

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2024, 05:51:29 pm »
Don't forget, it's the seated height that matters, not the standing height.

I'm 5'10" in boots but with 33" inside leg I am short-arse when sitting and that makes the reach for the bars and the angle of dangle of the torso that much more uncomfortable.

Offline richtea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2024, 06:32:41 pm »
Well, you could invite yourself over to help with the radiator problem on mine and we could fit your BellyHa's at the same time. And kill two intercoms with one stone.
Good idea. But maybe wait until it's a little bit warmer - maybe March, a lovely month, and before April, with it's "sweet sweet showers, on and on for hours and hours." as Flanders and Swan sang.

I will message you at some point!

Offline Forcefield

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: 2013 K1300s Sport
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2024, 12:16:22 am »
6' tall, average build. Wrist ache was the main culprit. The superbike bar conversion really is fine, come and see mine if you like.

Very kind of you! Im planning a visit to see my uncle in Cardiff soon so that could be a good move!

Offline Forcefield

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: 2013 K1300s Sport
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2024, 12:22:23 am »
First ride today with grip puppies and lighter weight gloves and the cramp was much reduced and no tingling fingers after either so pretty happy with that!

Yes, the HeliBars are a 'subtle' change, not a dramatic one.

There is a limit to how far you can lift and pivot backward before you start to stretch the cables and pipes.

Also, by the very nature of pivoting adjustments, the further back you move the bars, the lower your lift and the higher you go, the further from the seat they move. 'tis obvious if one bothers to study the geometry but, meh!

An alternative route followed by at least some(?) in here is to fit the bars and top yoke from an R which is more dramatic and doubtless more effective but I have no idea about the downsides.

Was looking at the R conversion option. interesting one that. I saw someone put a set of GT bars on theres also.

I am leaning towards the helibars tbh.. When I was riding today, i was taking turns with each hand and pretending to have them installed and the position they would be in and it does seem like the perfect solution. Just enough to raise them up and back a bit and take a bit of pressure off my hands.

Am curious to see/feel the superbike conversion in person though