Author Topic: Muc Off  (Read 8386 times)

Offline slparry

• View Profile
    • My webspace
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1
Muc Off
« on: June 01, 2015, 05:08:03 pm »
To aid cleaning the detritus and FS365 off my F8GS I used Muc Off following a deal that I got in my email box for it.

Great product, used as directed and worked as promised! Recommended
--

Steve Parry
Sales @ Chester KTM
Oppressed since 1958

Current fleet: '14 F800GS, '87 R80RS, '03 R1100S BoxerCup, '90 K1 .... '15 R12RT LC LE :D

Offline bobtail

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200S (05) departed but well loved! Now R1200RS I am now a Boxerboy.
  • Modifications and add-ons:: I had no bling on my K12 and was proud of it! And it never, ever let me down, honest! And it still had the o.e. battery going strong, honest!
Re: Muc Off
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2015, 05:34:19 pm »
+1 on the Muc Off Steve. My mate Johnnyboy gave me some as a birthday pressie jolly good stuff gets the muc off places that you didn't think existed!

Bob
Are we there yet? I said ARE WE THERE YET? I SAID ARE WE THERE YET?!!

Offline fjtwelve

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Night Black K1200S 2008, Motorsport K1300S 2016
  • Modifications and add-ons:: K1200S: Low seat, Kahedo seat, full Akrapovic system, BSD remap, LED headlight bulbs, Pazzo levers, slate grey wheels, MRA Vario touring screen with inverted spoiler, RAM phone mount, RG crash bungs; Bagster tank bag & BMW large soft bag & BMW expanding panniers shared between bikes; K1300S LED headlights, RAM phone mount
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2015, 08:31:03 pm »

Mucoff for tonights wash and brush up before tomorrows service
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 08:49:43 pm by fjtwelve »

Offline TomL

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2015, 10:26:35 pm »
Doesn't seem to remove the AKRAPOVIC  ;)
As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2015, 10:39:51 pm »
Wayyyyy too clean for me  8)

Brian (who hasn't cleaned his bike for over a week now)

Offline Timbox

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2015, 03:32:44 pm »
When I worked in the bicycle trade, although we sold Muc-Off we always warned people with Shiny Anodised parts to be very careful with it as it would remove the anodising if left on too long, not what you want with your Chris Kings eh Tom. Its highly probable that Muc-Off may have changed the formula but better safe than sorry.
Isnt it Ironic, no its a BMW what dya expect.

Offline chriscanning

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200r Sport
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BST's Wilbers Kehedo Rexxer Puig Akra
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2015, 03:43:42 pm »
Those Wheel House Road 04's look well scrubbed in :)

Offline fjtwelve

• View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: K1200S: Low seat, Kahedo seat, full Akrapovic system, BSD remap, LED headlight bulbs, Pazzo levers, slate grey wheels, MRA Vario touring screen with inverted spoiler, RAM phone mount, RG crash bungs; Bagster tank bag & BMW large soft bag & BMW expanding panniers shared between bikes; K1300S LED headlights, RAM phone mount
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2015, 04:49:14 pm »
A week Brian? There was 5 weeks of crud on it before I started. They washed it after the service but didn't rinse it properly so it's got nice soapy runs on it now.
Talking of service that's a new front wheel bearing to go with the oil and filter today at 30500 miles, and the wire on the front ESA has broken so there's a repair kit on the way. Probably explains my muttering about the suspension a few weeks back. And next time it'll be new front pads and discs, im on the service limit. Oh yes and the recall for the rear flange I got my second letter about? Fixed at the last service but they didn't tell me in fact I seem to remember I was told I was in the queue. All part of the service... :-X
I do try with the tyres Chris but I could really do with a week in Scotland or south europe to learn how to ride the thing properly. Drivers in the south East and west of England are beginning to get fed up with me elbowing and head butting their mirrors on roundabouts which are about the only corners I go round just now

Offline TomL

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2015, 04:51:17 pm »
Blimey Tim I don't remember mentioning any of my Chris King bits?
As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Offline raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Yamaha FJR (2013)
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2015, 05:37:13 pm »
He must have eagle eyes Tom

Offline Timbox

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2015, 05:53:47 pm »
Blimey Tim I don't remember mentioning any of my Chris King bits?

You didnt, but I guessed you'd know what I meant, any serious cyclist knows Mr King and his lovely hubs and headsets

Offline TomL

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2015, 10:18:31 pm »
A couple that I know in the Herts CTC were cycling from Vancouver to Mexico along the West coast. They stopped at a camp site which was packed with mountain bikers and had trouble getting a pitch. Later in the evening one of the mountain bike crowd came over and invited them to join in their barbeque. He apologised about all the site being taken up by the mountain bikers and explained that they were involved in building some trails. They went over and sat at a table with a group of the bikers and trail builders.

My friend said that he sat next to an older chap called Chris something or other who made “Some bits for bikes”. My friend couldn’t remember his name.

I said to him, “Was it Chris King?”

He was amazed that I guessed correctly and even more amazed when I explained to him who Chris King is.

Needless to say my friend is not into mountain biking.

Offline Timbox

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2015, 08:30:04 am »
A couple that I know in the Herts CTC were cycling from Vancouver to Mexico along the West coast. They stopped at a camp site which was packed with mountain bikers and had trouble getting a pitch. Later in the evening one of the mountain bike crowd came over and invited them to join in their barbeque. He apologised about all the site being taken up by the mountain bikers and explained that they were involved in building some trails. They went over and sat at a table with a group of the bikers and trail builders.

My friend said that he sat next to an older chap called Chris something or other who made “Some bits for bikes”. My friend couldn’t remember his name.

I said to him, “Was it Chris King?”

He was amazed that I guessed correctly and even more amazed when I explained to him who Chris King is.

Needless to say my friend is not into mountain biking.

Brilliant, one of my best memories of my time in the trade will be of sitting at a Bar in Bristol with a very pissed Gary Fisher as our Mechanic James tried to convince him that his Grand Father started Mounting Biking in Shropshire in the 1920's.  GF nearly went for it until we all fell about laughing.

Offline fjtwelve

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2015, 01:55:15 pm »
Got anything for my licence? Un marked 3 series. 64plate.  Dark blue or black. a303 just before m3. Just got me waterproofs off after 3 hours and relishing dry and warm road. That'll be 3 points and £100 sir. Bugger.

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2015, 03:49:26 pm »
If yer commute long enough at 'silly' speeds, they will eventually get you.

Brian (who always views points as a relatively cheap overdraft on your licence  8) )