Author Topic: Old Gits 2024 - French Pyrenees - June 2024  (Read 2336 times)

Offline Matt

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: KTM 1290 Super Duke GT
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Oberon slave cylinder, 3D printed nav mount
Re: Old Gits 2024 - French Pyrenees - June 2024
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2024, 05:11:13 pm »
Wow! Doesn't it make you look like you're going really slowly?  ;)
Haha yeah a slight hiccup is its max speed is around 15-20mph!
"Why was the spider disappointed after browsing the web? Because he couldn't find any fly downloads!"
Claude.ai effort at an original joke - 2022

Offline sudolea

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2024, 07:23:51 pm »
Haha yeah a slight hiccup is its max speed is around 15-20mph!

Take care not to crash it like this compatriot of yours did, right before having to catch his ferry ...

https://youtu.be/I1AdHgDLc8Y?t=456
There are I0 kinds of people : those who can count in binary, and those who can't...

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2024, 09:51:11 am »
Nice vid Matt. We should explain a few things here...

This was the first time either of us had tried to make our drones follow us apart from Matt running up a slope by the (recently vandalised and inoperative) phone box and me judging whether it was actually ascending as he did.

My drone will follow up to about 36 mph I believe but I can't run that fast.

The terrain on that stretch of the Abergwesyn to Tregaron coach road was 'interesting' to say the least and when Matt set off I was laying bricks in case it followed him straight into the hillside. Or took out the power lines...if we had thought it through I would have followed behind to watch what the thing was doing and where it ended up if it all turned to shite. Which it didn't.

Matt's drone doesn't have the best of camera systems but until he gets a real job it will have to do

Offline fjtwelve

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Night Black K1200S 2008, Motorsport K1300S 2016
  • Modifications and add-ons:: K1200S: Low seat, Kahedo seat, full Akrapovic system, BSD remap, LED headlight bulbs, Pazzo levers, slate grey wheels, MRA Vario touring screen with inverted spoiler, RAM phone mount, RG crash bungs; Bagster tank bag & BMW large soft bag & BMW expanding panniers shared between bikes; K1300S LED headlights, RAM phone mount
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2024, 04:57:09 pm »
Well damn it to heckington. After Brian persuaded me to bring my quadcopter on our little Wales trip this week, we tried the Maven app thing which adds features to my Mini that DJI don't.

So now I can annoy everyone by doing bird's eye follow-me type stuff as well as onboard footage.

i.e. this.

So I'll almost certainly be bringing it with me alongside the 360 camera thingy. @Martin I apologise in advance for the day I remember I have them and keep wanting to pull over/climb that mountain to rescue it.

If it only does 20mph we better set off for the pyrenees in the morning....

Offline richtea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2024, 08:57:42 pm »
Well damn it to heckington. After Brian persuaded me to bring my quadcopter on our little Wales trip this week, we tried the Maven app thing which adds features to my Mini that DJI don't.

So now I can annoy everyone by doing bird's eye follow-me type stuff as well as onboard footage.

i.e. this.

Ah - my favourite phone box!

Well done for getting it working.

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2024, 09:08:44 pm »
A phone box no longer I'm afraid. Party rubbish strew all round, box windows smashed and all the telephone equipment removed.