Author Topic: The Unsolvable Problem!  (Read 86320 times)

Offline TomL

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
Re: The Unsolvable Problem!
« Reply #270 on: January 06, 2016, 01:20:19 pm »
That sorted that out for you very quickly. Didn't even take a full year.
As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Offline chriscanning

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200r Sport
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BST's Wilbers Kehedo Rexxer Puig Akra
« Reply #271 on: January 06, 2016, 03:18:30 pm »
Hello all and happy new year to you!

So, got my bike back, had a chat with the guy to see what it was he had been 'Authorised' by the director to replace.
He showed it to me and by the looks of it, its a new ECU entirely (bit under seat with Bosch written on it), will get code to see if its the new one, but as i saw their 2014 demo bike in the shop, with the saddle unlocked and the battery being charged i am guessing they just nicked it out of that one.
He was very quick to tell me it was over 2000 euros of parts and work so that is why it hadnt been done yet...I almost jumped for joy and wanted to thank him for the HUGE favour he had done for me........
then the pulsing vein in my head got a bit smaller and my vision went clear again.
either way, it seems to be running smooth as silk now, much smoother than before with no hint of stalling, but then of course it has done that before for a couple weeks before shiteing out again.

fingers crossed it is working, either way i fell in love with it yet again after riding the new f800r for a while. its SO SMOOOOOOOOOTH

well, lets see what happens. if it keeps working smoothly i will keep it and look at some future mods (now that the warranty is out!)

Sod the bike I take my hat off too you for your patience mine would have run out along time ago.

Online Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #272 on: January 07, 2016, 12:30:15 am »
Max, happy new year to you and the rest of France. What joy, what service, what a cop-out!

Anyway, we're all keeping our fingers crossed for you and hating you for having weather you can probably still ride in!!!!

Keep the faith and let us know how you get on with it.

Brian (who has seen local kids grow up, leave school, get married and have kids of their own since this bloody debacle started  8) )

Offline Dusty

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200R Sport; 2007
« Reply #273 on: January 07, 2016, 08:21:24 am »
Yes, Brian, but from your previous descriptions of your neighbours, that's probably completed in no time at all!

I too admire your patience, Jack. Like Chris, I'd have dumped the bike and/or the dealer long ago, probably ending up with an inferior, but reliable machine. So, I sincerely hope that you will be rewarded by many reliable and most importantly, fun miles!
« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 08:24:17 am by Dusty »

Offline swallowtailjack

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300R
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Akro Can, bits of carbon, Rexxer Map
« Reply #274 on: January 07, 2016, 09:21:59 am »
Yes despite the questionable customer service the weather here is good enough to ride in, albeit while freezing your cock off.
Gonna polish the old gal up so she looks brand new and try to forget how many times she hurt me.

Online Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #275 on: January 07, 2016, 02:41:09 pm »
Sun is out here too. 6.9 degrees and riding  8)

I went to look at a mint K13 in Didcot yesterday. They assured me it was still for sale. Left home in sunshine, 20 miles of heavy shite later I spotted the 'Sold' sticker on it. No salesman to be found, no interest in customers, haven't returned phone calls nor e-mails and the bike is still on fleabay for sale.

Thanks for nothing Premier Bikes!

Now I gotta go and take three pressure washers to the crud caked K.

Bria (aka Mr. Angry of Newbury)

Offline Costas

• Riders drive K, a Hawk flies, both are fast
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BMW Motorrad rider and pillion HP4 pegs,10-30 lit tank bag, SENA for BMW intercom system. Evo air filters. TechSpec tank pads. MIZU lowering dogbone system. B2 accelerator. Wunderlich adjustable levers, hub , brake caliber protectors, duolever bold protector. Turatech ABS Sensor protectors. IDE bars. Rizoma rear led signal lights, bar ends with lever protectors. Sargent complete system seat (pod, pillion backrest). Shrodie side badge led signal lights two modes. LED lights 2X35W 3000k high beam, 10W parking two modes. Tracker. Metisse front wheel protector sliders. R&G water pump protector, cardan protector. Ilmberger carbon set. Ztechnic tank protector,DT wimglets.
  • Location:: Athens, Greece, KS-Loutsa 37°58'16.6"N 23°59'06.8"E 37.971269, 23.985224
« Reply #276 on: January 07, 2016, 02:58:54 pm »
My got man you must be the most passionate man-rider ever know. Finnally good news and hope with all my heart it will remain good news for ever. A new ecu reprogram was definitely authorised by BMW Motorrad there is no way this could be done differently since they have the codes. Wish you a happy new year and safe long rides.
Embrace the wind.