Author Topic: Wanted K1200S tyre pressure sensor  (Read 12260 times)

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
Re: Wanted K1200S tyre pressure sensor
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2015, 11:43:30 pm »
I seem to recall others saying it hadn't worked for them Tom.

The folks at Hex certainly say on their site that you may need the wake-up tool and they even give the names of some makes they say may work.

I didn't think you were buying the 911 just for the TPMS stuff, surely it would have been cheaper to take it to the dealer.

Brian (who could be missing the point here)

Offline TomL

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2015, 12:28:56 am »
No I wasn't buying it for the TPMS stuff but according to their blurb I should be able to go into advanced mode and put in the sensor code without having to use the horrendously expensive wake up tool.

According to Hex........
Option 1: If the new replacement sensor has 2 bar codes (One of which is the Sensor ID)

In this case the one with the shorter number is the Sensor ID. In stead of waking the sensor and learning it, you can click on the Advanced button, where you can delete a specific sensor entry or assign a Sensor ID to a particular position. Here you could typically enter the 282353 sensor ID number if you wanted to learn it to your motorcycle.

It is very annoying that I have the tools that they reckon I need and their instructions of how to do it and it does not work. I'm not even scratching the surface of what this tool will do and after this experience why should I ever believe that it does anything they say it does? It's not good enough! 

Okay, calm down, rant over.
It does piss me off though               
As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2015, 01:06:00 am »
A good rant is better than an ulcer or a cardiac arrest  8)

All the things I have used mine for it has done exactly as it says on the non-existent tin.

Brian (what (little) he knows about coded wi-fi, radio, Bluetooth whatever, is that it really isn't as straightforward as the makers think it is)

Offline Snowy

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1100RS
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2015, 07:42:24 am »
I wouldn't call myself a superuser of the GS911 but have been using it for a few years now and its always done what I wanted it to do - which is read/reset fault codes, service intervals and all of the servicing ad ons such as turning off the idle actuators, testing the ESA etc. As for the TPM's I've not had to code new sensors but I have been into the menu's for entering the codes and that has worked without the wake up tool. I'm under the impression that does only the same as taking the bike out for a ride to spin them up over 30kph. Have you loaded the latest Beta software?
K1100RS & R1200GSA & CB900FA

Offline Costas

• Riders drive K, a Hawk flies, both are fast
    • View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BMW Motorrad rider and pillion HP4 pegs,10-30 lit tank bag, SENA for BMW intercom system. Evo air filters. TechSpec tank pads. MIZU lowering dogbone system. B2 accelerator. Wunderlich adjustable levers, hub , brake caliber protectors, duolever bold protector. Turatech ABS Sensor protectors. IDE bars. Rizoma rear led signal lights, bar ends with lever protectors. Sargent complete system seat (pod, pillion backrest). Shrodie side badge led signal lights two modes. LED lights 2X35W 3000k high beam, 10W parking two modes. Tracker. Metisse front wheel protector sliders. R&G water pump protector, cardan protector. Ilmberger carbon set. Ztechnic tank protector,DT wimglets.
  • Location:: Athens, Greece, KS-Loutsa 37°58'16.6"N 23°59'06.8"E 37.971269, 23.985224
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2015, 10:34:24 am »
From what I found it cannot be done with the GS911.
Need the dealers PC connected to the specific bike data bank in Germany.
In a case with a new RT they forgot in Germany to introduce TPS to the bikes PC. Local dealer contacted immediately BMW HQ and requested issue to be solved otherwise costumer refuses to proceed with final payment for the bike. The answer came back with a request for 60 euros simply to issue the codes for that update locally, for their own mistake. A new phone call this time from the head mechanic led to the issuance of the codes FOC. With codes at hand they did the update and TPS is now operational. Just to see how this works with BMW main.   
Embrace the wind.

Offline TomL

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2015, 01:56:19 pm »
I'm a happy bunny again. 

The system is supposed to allow for two sets of wheels and somehow I managed to delete the ID for wheel set A front wheel sensor. Luckily I had copied the original sensor IDs and was able to reinstate the correct front wheel ID.

It then occurred to me that I might as well delete the rear wheel sensor ID and change to my other wheel sensor ID and it worked. It is not a problem to get out the GS911 every time I swap wheels. Sorted
As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2015, 02:04:22 pm »
So Tom, is that finger trouble or a lack of clarity on the part of the guys at Hex?

If the latter, I am sure they would welcome some feedback, they have always been very up-front with me about stuff!

Brian (who is glad he doesn't have too many sets of wheels, his bike is loaded down enough with spare exhausts etc.)

Offline Costas

• View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BMW Motorrad rider and pillion HP4 pegs,10-30 lit tank bag, SENA for BMW intercom system. Evo air filters. TechSpec tank pads. MIZU lowering dogbone system. B2 accelerator. Wunderlich adjustable levers, hub , brake caliber protectors, duolever bold protector. Turatech ABS Sensor protectors. IDE bars. Rizoma rear led signal lights, bar ends with lever protectors. Sargent complete system seat (pod, pillion backrest). Shrodie side badge led signal lights two modes. LED lights 2X35W 3000k high beam, 10W parking two modes. Tracker. Metisse front wheel protector sliders. R&G water pump protector, cardan protector. Ilmberger carbon set. Ztechnic tank protector,DT wimglets.
  • Location:: Athens, Greece, KS-Loutsa 37°58'16.6"N 23°59'06.8"E 37.971269, 23.985224
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2015, 02:08:07 pm »
No Brian, it is simply the only and smartest way to get around the issue, that delete and copy idea was brilliant, my compliments Tom.  ;)
Embrace the wind.

Offline TomL

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2015, 02:19:19 pm »
So Tom, is that finger trouble or a lack of clarity on the part of the guys at Hex?

If the latter, I am sure they would welcome some feedback, they have always been very up-front with me about stuff!

Brian (who is glad he doesn't have too many sets of wheels, his bike is loaded down enough with spare exhausts etc.)
With regard to the front sensor being replace by the new sensor ID, I'm certain that it was not finger trouble.

I will feedback on their forum after all they would sell more GS911s if you needed to reset the ID at wheel change time.

Offline TomL

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2015, 02:31:22 pm »
When I warm up a bit I will go out and see it I can set the wheel which is off the bike as wheel set B.

Offline slparry

• View Profile
    • My webspace
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2015, 10:03:15 am »
you can "wake" up the TPM sensors without the special tool by deflating the tyre quickly by 5 to 10 psi

there's a guy in the US selling them cheap

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321704054553?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

--

Steve Parry
Sales @ Chester KTM
Oppressed since 1958

Current fleet: '14 F800GS, '87 R80RS, '03 R1100S BoxerCup, '90 K1 .... '15 R12RT LC LE :D

Offline TomL

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2015, 10:11:10 am »
That is a good price Steve even with the postage from the States. This was a while back when I wanted one and I'm all sorted now.

In the end I found that it was not possible to pair two sets of wheels to the bike. Now hwen I swap wheels I change the sensor code with the GS911 which is quick and easy to do.

Offline Ned1

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2015, 02:50:08 pm »
Tom,
Found this  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mpjz0cDjnK4 not sure if it's  any help
but at the end the after a run and a few cycles of the ignition the error code went
away and all seem to work !!

Ned  ???
Ride like they are out to kill you and live to ride another day

Offline Greenman

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: A 2009 my 1300s (maybe the sport model as it has all the options)
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Zumo 550, optimate, rear rack, tail packs, panniers, front and rear R&G axle protectors.
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2015, 04:19:44 pm »
Not having had TPS before, all this talk has got me worried as I'm due to replace my tyre in a few months.

Can a good tyre fitte (I've always been very happy with Gary at GS Motorcycles) fit new tyre with problems and the need for a reset?

Offline Costas

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2015, 04:41:11 pm »
No need for reset after a tire change. Reset is in order when you replace the sensor or (some were very handy) manage to change its battery and reinstall it.
So, no worries my bike is in its 6 year has 6 tire set changes and both sensors are working perfectly (maybe I should say that).
Embrace the wind.