Author Topic: Local News - A429 Fosse Way  (Read 1290 times)

Andym535

Local News - A429 Fosse Way
« on: June 27, 2018, 09:39:45 pm »
The bit of the Fosse Way just north of Moreton in Marsh is being closed overnight for some badly needed resurfacing. So hold off on the GS purchase if, like me, you're a regular user of this route.

Offline richtea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
Re: Local News - A429 Fosse Way
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2018, 10:34:36 pm »
I can name about 20 roads in the area that are dangerous - to cycles at the very least, and probably to motorbikes too.

I look at the massive dry potholes, and I think if they're not fixing them now, when it's warm and dry and easy, its going to be murder for me on two wheels (of any form) come next winter.
The UK roads really are definitely worse this year - around here, anyway. I know everyone whinges, but the holes usually get plugged after a month. Not this year.  :'(

Offline Blobby

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300R
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Fuel filler mod
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2018, 06:59:57 am »
Only 20.!!!
On my ride out Sunday I was trying so hard to avoid the crashing potholes that I was hitting raised manhole covers

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2018, 11:02:10 pm »
Unlike in Swindon a few years back when thieving types of no fixed abode stole all the manhole covers and gratings in West Swindon in one night, it wasn't a case of avoiding them, most folks were stuck in them with very broken wheels  :-\

Offline fjtwelve

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Night Black K1200S 2008, Motorsport K1300S 2016
  • Modifications and add-ons:: K1200S: Low seat, Kahedo seat, full Akrapovic system, BSD remap, LED headlight bulbs, Pazzo levers, slate grey wheels, MRA Vario touring screen with inverted spoiler, RAM phone mount, RG crash bungs; Bagster tank bag & BMW large soft bag & BMW expanding panniers shared between bikes; K1300S LED headlights, RAM phone mount
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2018, 11:06:08 pm »
That was a national problem as priced of scrap was sky high, they nicked everything. Fortunately scrap now cheap so no longer a problem. Unfortunately I have a bin full of metal in the yard  :-[