Author Topic: Location map?  (Read 3734 times)

Offline alpinebiker

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300GT
Location map?
« on: February 14, 2015, 12:07:59 am »
I know the site is just back up, but one of the old features which seemed to die a death and perhaps could/should be resurrected, is the map showing riders locations. Don't know if there still is such a function available, but it could be an interesting challenge for the computer literate amongst the group to find one?
"The older I get the faster I used to be"

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
Re: Location map?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2015, 12:24:08 am »
We have computer literate people Paul?

Brian (who wonders why he is struggling so much in that case  8) )

PS I think the map died with the old site (along with everything else) but we are trying to get everyone to put their location in the field on their profile page.

PPS If we have any computer literate people, step forward now and be recognised!

Offline raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Yamaha FJR (2013)
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2015, 10:27:27 am »
I think the map idea is a good one, we are struggling at the moment to get people to put the location in their profile. Ulysses Club has a location map, I'll ask admin how it's done.

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2015, 11:41:38 am »
...but you will notice that Location is now shown at the bottom of your Profile snapshot on posts!

Brian (who found how to do that at 2 o'clock this morning  :o )

Offline raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Yamaha FJR (2013)
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2015, 12:01:10 pm »
I did notice the location thing Brian, well done. All we have to do now is get people to fill it in.
However I still think the map is a good idea if it is possible. Another option might be to start a Google map and post the link.
I don't want to be a dog with a bone. It does help to have the members locations for rides, meetings, event planning, assistance and recommendations. If someone in Scotland asks for a recommendation for a dealer they wont get someone recommending a dealer in Kent.