Author Topic: Rear access motorcycle helmet  (Read 7569 times)

Offline richtea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
Re: Rear access motorcycle helmet
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2017, 02:26:37 pm »
Good explanation Costas - understood!

Offline markyates

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: 2009 K1300S, black/silver
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BMW rack, titanium Remus Hexacone, sport panniers, Ilmberger hugger, carbon front mudguard
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2017, 04:58:23 pm »
My Shoei GT Air has QR cheek pads that can be removed from underneath with the helmet still on, to help paramedics get the thing off your head.

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2017, 05:41:22 pm »
Is there anything on the outside of the shell to tell the paramedics about them and how to remove them?

Offline Costas

• Riders drive K, a Hawk flies, both are fast
    • View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BMW Motorrad rider and pillion HP4 pegs,10-30 lit tank bag, SENA for BMW intercom system. Evo air filters. TechSpec tank pads. MIZU lowering dogbone system. B2 accelerator. Wunderlich adjustable levers, hub , brake caliber protectors, duolever bold protector. Turatech ABS Sensor protectors. IDE bars. Rizoma rear led signal lights, bar ends with lever protectors. Sargent complete system seat (pod, pillion backrest). Shrodie side badge led signal lights two modes. LED lights 2X35W 3000k high beam, 10W parking two modes. Tracker. Metisse front wheel protector sliders. R&G water pump protector, cardan protector. Ilmberger carbon set. Ztechnic tank protector,DT wimglets.
  • Location:: Athens, Greece, KS-Loutsa 37°58'16.6"N 23°59'06.8"E 37.971269, 23.985224
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2017, 09:48:03 am »
My Shoei GT Air has QR cheek pads that can be removed from underneath with the helmet still on, to help paramedics get the thing off your head.
You beat me in that, as it was demonstrated and at the same time it was announced that more companies will follow this design.
Embrace the wind.

Offline Blobby

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300R
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Fuel filler mod
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2017, 06:57:51 am »
Adjustable chin cup, so you won't be talking then or hurling abuse at car drivers.
Long hair or people with a big bouffant of hair, wouldn't it get trapped?

Offline Costas

• Riders drive K, a Hawk flies, both are fast
    • View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BMW Motorrad rider and pillion HP4 pegs,10-30 lit tank bag, SENA for BMW intercom system. Evo air filters. TechSpec tank pads. MIZU lowering dogbone system. B2 accelerator. Wunderlich adjustable levers, hub , brake caliber protectors, duolever bold protector. Turatech ABS Sensor protectors. IDE bars. Rizoma rear led signal lights, bar ends with lever protectors. Sargent complete system seat (pod, pillion backrest). Shrodie side badge led signal lights two modes. LED lights 2X35W 3000k high beam, 10W parking two modes. Tracker. Metisse front wheel protector sliders. R&G water pump protector, cardan protector. Ilmberger carbon set. Ztechnic tank protector,DT wimglets.
  • Location:: Athens, Greece, KS-Loutsa 37°58'16.6"N 23°59'06.8"E 37.971269, 23.985224
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2017, 04:07:28 pm »
It was indeed much harder to remove a helmet fm women due to hair.
Update
Shuberth, HELD, KJC and BMW helmets have already adapted to the new easy removable pads design .Italian brands to follow .
Embrace the wind.

Offline markyates

• View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BMW rack, titanium Remus Hexacone, sport panniers, Ilmberger hugger, carbon front mudguard
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2017, 09:38:49 am »
Is there anything on the outside of the shell to tell the paramedics about them and how to remove them?
There's a label on the bottom of each pad next to the fabric loop you actually pull to release, and a sticker on each side of the shell in the relevant position.

Offline markyates

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2017, 09:52:54 pm »
Sorry, I lied, there's only the stickers on the shell, but the pully-things are red....

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2017, 10:44:08 pm »
So is the one on my Schuberth  8)

Offline richtea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2019, 10:41:49 pm »
Well, those Vozz helmets have belatedly appeared on sale in the UK, so presumably it's passed our ACU gold safety test:
https://mailchi.mp/adventure-spec/vozz-helmets

Price is £549:
https://www.helmetcity.co.uk/vozz-rs-1-0-stealth-black/

I still like the idea of a strapless closure system, but not necessarily with a joint right round the helmet. But then again, I'm not sold on system / flip helmets for the same reason.

Still, one to watch.

Offline raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Yamaha FJR (2013)
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2019, 11:01:54 pm »
Too rich for my blood  :o

Andym535

« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2019, 11:15:29 am »
No mention of ACU Gold, just ECE 22.05 which seems to be the EU standard. No good for track days then, but I guess they are road legal?

Offline richtea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2019, 10:44:54 am »
Good point, Andy. ECE 22.05 is OK for road use:
https://www.gov.uk/motorcycle-helmet-law

All helmets worn on UK roads must meet one of the following:
 -   British Standard BS 6658:1985 and carry the BSI Kitemark
 -   UNECE Regulation 22.05
 -   a European Economic Area member standard offering at least the same safety and protection as BS 6658:1985, and carry a mark equivalent to the BSI Kitemark

But not OK for road racing, as you say:
https://www.acu.org.uk/Uploaded/1/Documents/2019%20Handbook/06ACU-HANDBOOK2019road-racing.pdf

14.2   HELMETS
Helmets bearing the current ACU gold stamp and in sound condition and properly fitted must be worn by all riders and passengers while practising and racing. Overseas riders may use helmets as approved by their own FMN.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2019, 10:47:36 am by richtea »