Author Topic: Lazer Roto Lock Ratchet  (Read 7542 times)

Online raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Yamaha FJR (2013)
Lazer Roto Lock Ratchet
« on: March 13, 2018, 07:56:02 pm »
I have just ordered one of these.

http://www.lasertools.co.uk/product/6917

Should double as a ratchet and a screwdriver handle. I found it on Ebay and it's on its way to me, I'll let you know what the quality is like when I get it

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
Re: Lazer Roto Lock Ratchet
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2018, 11:58:28 pm »
It doesn't have a bottle opener or a cork screw Rae  ;D

Offline OxMan

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Just sold my K1300R Dynamic in Racing Red (The fastest colour) - and taken delivery of my Guzzi.
  • Modifications and add-ons:: It's a TT Travel : with panniers; high screen; heated grips; cruise; low comfort seat; top box (!); centre stand; Ohlins; Akra sports can; engine bars; extra front fogs; Caponord mudguard/extended...
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2018, 07:14:55 am »
...but if you set it up as a screwdriver and use a hammer it’ll probably open a Party Seven can of Double Diamond... ?😜
Late emerging biker - took the first bike plunge at 50 with a 12GT : swapped for a 13S 9 months in... then got my mitts on a lovely 2014 13R Dynamic in rrrrrracing rrrrred! Then the COVID came along... so I upped it to France and bought a V85TT... O Sole Mio etc etc!

Online raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2018, 08:32:58 am »
I was a "Long Life" man myself.

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2018, 11:58:48 am »
Oh ye gods! The big six rear their ugly, over-priced, tasteless and very possibly carcinogenic heads once more....

Now, where did I leave last night's half-empty mug of Spitfire?

Offline OxMan

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Just sold my K1300R Dynamic in Racing Red (The fastest colour) - and taken delivery of my Guzzi.
  • Modifications and add-ons:: It's a TT Travel : with panniers; high screen; heated grips; cruise; low comfort seat; top box (!); centre stand; Ohlins; Akra sports can; engine bars; extra front fogs; Caponord mudguard/extended...
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2018, 06:53:40 pm »
...”big six”...? 🤨
Late emerging biker - took the first bike plunge at 50 with a 12GT : swapped for a 13S 9 months in... then got my mitts on a lovely 2014 13R Dynamic in rrrrrracing rrrrred! Then the COVID came along... so I upped it to France and bought a V85TT... O Sole Mio etc etc!

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2018, 10:41:31 pm »
Breweries. It was the days of the big brewers putting all the small guys out of business, buying them up, closing them down.

Whitbread, Bass Charrington, Allied, Scottish & Newcastle, Courage, Watneys. Brewers of chemical warfare all.

Offline Swindon Andy

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S Motorsport
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Straight bar conversion, HID dip, clear front indicators, LED rear indicators, TomTom mount, top box (on rare occasions)
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2018, 11:08:49 pm »
That tool is an interesting design. My favourite is one of these. Not a ratchet but a sprag clutch, with almost zero backlash.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gearless-Micro-1-4-Drive-Ratchet/261991421548?hash=item3cffe7d66c:g:OnYAAOSwgQ9Vv6qz

Online raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2018, 09:38:27 am »
I like the Lazer ratchet because of the swivel head and swivel handle rather than the quality of the ratchet. It's a good little tool to keep under the seat and means I can discard the screwdriver handle and use this as both a socket and screwdriver handle.

Offline Eyore

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200S
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Lots of Polish. Titax levers. GPR end can.R&G Protectors, carbon fibre bling, Tom Tom mount,daytime led lights.Low seat.Oberon clutch slave cylinder.Airblade DB screen,fender extender.Michael Dunlop sticker.
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2018, 11:04:35 am »
It doesn't have a bottle opener or a cork screw Rae  ;D

Or an attachment for taking boy scouts out of horses hooves................. ;D
The fastest Pizza delivery bike in the west.

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2018, 12:50:29 pm »
I have a great 3/8” ratchet drive which works as a normal right-angle, reversible drive.

But, it also has a 'T' bar on the end of the handle which allows the drive end to be rotated by turning the 'T' bar rather than working the handle back and forth so is great where you don't have much wiggle room. The 'T' bar is no use for tightening or breaking a fastener free though as little torque available.

If I could find it I could send a piccie in if I had set up a new piccie host  ::)

Offline Blobby

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300R
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Fuel filler mod
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2018, 02:15:08 pm »
I have a right angled and normal battery impact driver with socket adapters.. So much easier to squeeze a trigger providing there is room  ;D

Online raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2018, 02:30:12 pm »
I have a right angled and normal battery impact driver with socket adapters.. So much easier to squeeze a trigger providing there is room  ;D
The point of the Laser ratchet it to carry it under the seat, you're not going to get a impact driver and right angle driver under the seat now are you.

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2018, 05:08:37 pm »
He isn't gonna get anything under the seat on a K is he?

Online raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2018, 05:21:56 pm »
He isn't gonna get anything under the seat on a K is he?
Pack of chewing gum maybe  :)