Author Topic: Another Newbie  (Read 1129 times)

Offline rivets

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
  • Modifications and add-ons:: MRA screen
Another Newbie
« on: August 30, 2016, 04:00:07 pm »
Hi.
Had my 2014 K1300 S Sport for a couple of weeks now. Had a tuned Multistrada 1200 which went from 132 to 148bhp at rear wheel so quite close to the bimmer.
Loving the low down smooooth pull versus the manic twin but you had to be in the right gear
Have only tried warp drive a couple of time but it sure puts a smile on your face!
Really like the planted feel of the bike, multi was a bit weavey when pressing on, Bimmer feels like it's been from granite
Any ways, just wanted to say hi
rivets

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
Re: Another Newbie
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2016, 04:12:50 pm »
Hello rivets and welcome to the madhouse that is EuroKClub!

You will find that it goes ballistically fast even without troubling the upper reaches of the rev range and most folks get just as huge a smile from the top gear roll-on ability as from hitting the rev-limiter and 20 to 170-odd in one gear is extremely impressive and makes for very relaxed pressing on  8)

The planted feel comes mainly from the long'ish wheelbase which means it doesn't turn in as fast as some, but it is a sports-tourer not a sports bike.

Either way, enjoy the ride and let us know how you get on with it.

Brian (who did a fair bit of pressing on hanging on to richtea's coat tails on the way back from Cadwell Park yesterday, officer  ;D )

Offline Costas

• Riders drive K, a Hawk flies, both are fast
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BMW Motorrad rider and pillion HP4 pegs,10-30 lit tank bag, SENA for BMW intercom system. Evo air filters. TechSpec tank pads. MIZU lowering dogbone system. B2 accelerator. Wunderlich adjustable levers, hub , brake caliber protectors, duolever bold protector. Turatech ABS Sensor protectors. IDE bars. Rizoma rear led signal lights, bar ends with lever protectors. Sargent complete system seat (pod, pillion backrest). Shrodie side badge led signal lights two modes. LED lights 2X35W 3000k high beam, 10W parking two modes. Tracker. Metisse front wheel protector sliders. R&G water pump protector, cardan protector. Ilmberger carbon set. Ztechnic tank protector,DT wimglets.
  • Location:: Athens, Greece, KS-Loutsa 37°58'16.6"N 23°59'06.8"E 37.971269, 23.985224
Re: Another Newbie
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2016, 07:38:14 pm »
Hello and welcome, very deferent bike negotiating the curves you like concur that soon still the best in brakes and long rides, especially in windy and rainy conditions. Enjoy.
Embrace the wind.