Author Topic: Keep the winter rust at bay with ACF-50!  (Read 8607 times)

Offline Paul C

• Global Moderator
  • ...ooh, why not?
    • View Profile
Re: Keep the winter rust at bay with ACF-50!
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2016, 03:04:28 pm »
Agreed, but I like to smear a thin layer on the rims and hubs so some is bound to get flung onto the disks. It's okay ling as you remember to burn it off early on!
GSA, CCM GP450, Moto Guzzi Lemans II. Once had a K1200GT

Offline mab1067

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S Motorsport
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Titanium / red short levers, Invisible patterns, Modified rack to fit Givi topbox. Large BMW Soft bag.
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2016, 01:36:32 pm »
Treated bike by ALL YEAR ROUND BIKER in Aberdeen. Allan Duff did a brilliant job and bike looking better than brand new. Well until i got could in the rain behind a bloody fish lorry on way to Peterhead. However, quick blast with water and come up a treat.
Will post a few before and after pics when i upload to photobucket.
£70 all in but as using as much as possible to commute. I think its well worth it. :) :D
Mark Barbour

Offline drumwrecker

• View Profile
    • Coombs Family Page
  • My K bike model:: K1300s 2009
  • Modifications and add-ons:: rear splash guard, Sargent seat and pod, 35mm bar risers
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2016, 01:59:29 pm »
As a matter of interest, were the fairings removed for the treatment?
Its not always the destination that counts its the ride, having a destination just stops you going round in circles.

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2016, 02:36:17 pm »
I removed mine on the 12 before it was done by the same franchise back in Jan but to be honest the fine spray mist from the lances went everywhere; in fact I reckon half the bikes in Loomies' car park got a free treatment  8)

I doubt it would have got any less coverage if I had left the fairings on!

Offline black-k1

• An Original Old Git.
    • View Profile
    • The Old Gits
  • My K bike model:: ex K1200S, K1300S Sport & K1300S Motorsport owner. Now a Kawasaki H2 SX SE owner
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Upgrade to Kawasaki H2 SX SE! Almost 220bhp at the wheel! BST Carbon wheels and Sargent seat
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2016, 03:38:09 pm »
I get my bike done by All Year Biker (it's Steve in East Anglia) and have never removed the fairing panels but likewise, have never been disappointed with the coverage.
Correct rear brake use is scientifically proven to shorten stopping distances in EVERY road situation.

European Motorcycle Tours since 1998
The Old Gits - www.old-gits.org

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2016, 10:48:12 am »
The big difference is their kit includes a long spray lance (and I can't find one to fit my spray gun for love nor money) whereas most DiY'ers use a gunr a bottle!

Offline Greenman

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: A 2009 my 1300s (maybe the sport model as it has all the options)
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Zumo 550, optimate, rear rack, tail packs, panniers, front and rear R&G axle protectors.
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2016, 05:29:34 pm »
Having read this thread with interest,it prompted me to buy some FS365 from Scotoiler, which I have used previously. It surely arrived this week.

No time to spare today so, under instruction from SWMBO, I duly put it in the cupboard in the garage...where I found an unused bottle from several years ago....

Oh well, at least I can be liberal with the stuff next weekend...
« Last Edit: November 13, 2016, 11:43:06 pm by Greenman »

Offline TomL

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2016, 11:17:06 pm »
Having read this thread with interest,it prompted me to buy some FS365 from Scotoiler, which I have used previously. It surely arrived this week.

No time to spare today so, under instruction from SWMBO, I duly put it in the cupboard in the garage...where I found an unused bottle from several years ago....

Oh well, at least I can be liberal with the stiff next weekend...
Hope the stiff appreciates you being liberal with it...
As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Online raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Yamaha FJR (2013)
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2016, 09:31:11 am »
Maybe an alternative to embalming  :o

Offline black-k1

• An Original Old Git.
    • View Profile
    • The Old Gits
  • My K bike model:: ex K1200S, K1300S Sport & K1300S Motorsport owner. Now a Kawasaki H2 SX SE owner
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Upgrade to Kawasaki H2 SX SE! Almost 220bhp at the wheel! BST Carbon wheels and Sargent seat
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2016, 09:52:10 am »
I get my bike done by All Year Biker (it's Steve in East Anglia) and have never removed the fairing panels but likewise, have never been disappointed with the coverage.

Mine was done on Saturday. 90 minutes and £70 later it looks great and ready to take on the worst of the winter weather even it it's going to spend almost all the winter in the shed!
Correct rear brake use is scientifically proven to shorten stopping distances in EVERY road situation.

Offline TomL

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2016, 05:38:43 pm »
You surprise me David. I thought that you was an all year biker.
As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Offline black-k1

• An Original Old Git.
    • View Profile
    • The Old Gits
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2016, 06:06:06 pm »
You surprise me David. I thought that you was an all year biker.
I used to be a number of years ago but daily commuting 75 miles each way in freezing conditions when I'm too old to bounce and the bike is too expensive to fix doesn't make sense.