Author Topic: Bennetts are having a larf...  (Read 1317 times)

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
Bennetts are having a larf...
« on: July 01, 2021, 04:57:12 pm »
Multi-bike policy with the K, the R100RS and the tiddly Honda 250.

Last year's price £315.

Renewal price £491.

Time to let the fingers do the walking methinks...

Offline richtea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
Re: Bennetts are having a larf...
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2021, 05:04:10 pm »
Split them out, and see which is the main offender - via gocompare & comparethemarket.

Online Matt

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: KTM 1290 Super Duke GT
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Oberon slave cylinder, 3D printed nav mount
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2021, 07:03:02 pm »
My house and contents insurance did a similar move, and I didn't even drop the house this year!
"Why was the spider disappointed after browsing the web? Because he couldn't find any fly downloads!"
Claude.ai effort at an original joke - 2022

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2021, 03:09:57 pm »
Having spent half an age Comparing the Meerkat, the most expensive policies from the more reputable outfits came to a grand total of £351. The K with MCE (OK, not so reputable but bearable) and the RS and the Honda on separate policies with Swinton. I could have got it down to 320 but the excesses were excessive and no one had ever heard of half of the companies.

I rang Bennetts to tell them not to auto-renew as the quote was outrageous. The delightful Emma coo'ed and purred and having added my speeding conviction and altered the value of the K, said the best she could manage was a one off payment of £291:48p!

So, instead of a 50% increase in premium, it was a 10% drop. I went ballfistic, not with her but with her team leader after she had renewed the multi-bike policy. He was apologetic about renewal quote and couldn't explain it, other than to say that prices do vary on a daily basis. Not by bloody 50% they don't mate...

I rarely bother to check the market or challenge the price if my renewal quotes are within spitting distance of the current price but I shall from now on.

Offline black-k1

• An Original Old Git.
    • View Profile
    • The Old Gits
  • My K bike model:: ex K1200S, K1300S Sport & K1300S Motorsport owner. Now a Kawasaki H2 SX SE owner
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Upgrade to Kawasaki H2 SX SE! Almost 220bhp at the wheel! BST Carbon wheels and Sargent seat
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2021, 03:29:09 pm »
I was pleased to see recently that the practice of charging existing customers significantly more than new customers, as often done by insurance companies, utility companies, banks etc., is to be made illegal. I've just had similar with my annual multi-trip travel insurance. According to the renewal notice they've found me the best deal, compared the competition and moved heaven and earth (may not be exact wording ...) to keep the price of their standard policy the same as last year.

Yet, when I go onto their own site and plug in my details as a new customer, the standard policy is around 35% cheaper than my renewal, the Bronze policy (better than standard) is round 30% cheaper than my renewal and even their Silver policy (better still) is only £1.36 dearer than my renewal!

Lies, damn lies and insurance renewal quotes!!!
Correct rear brake use is scientifically proven to shorten stopping distances in EVERY road situation.

European Motorcycle Tours since 1998
The Old Gits - www.old-gits.org