Author Topic: testing  (Read 3319 times)

Offline Costas

• Riders drive K, a Hawk flies, both are fast
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BMW Motorrad rider and pillion HP4 pegs,10-30 lit tank bag, SENA for BMW intercom system. Evo air filters. TechSpec tank pads. MIZU lowering dogbone system. B2 accelerator. Wunderlich adjustable levers, hub , brake caliber protectors, duolever bold protector. Turatech ABS Sensor protectors. IDE bars. Rizoma rear led signal lights, bar ends with lever protectors. Sargent complete system seat (pod, pillion backrest). Shrodie side badge led signal lights two modes. LED lights 2X35W 3000k high beam, 10W parking two modes. Tracker. Metisse front wheel protector sliders. R&G water pump protector, cardan protector. Ilmberger carbon set. Ztechnic tank protector,DT wimglets.
  • Location:: Athens, Greece, KS-Loutsa 37°58'16.6"N 23°59'06.8"E 37.971269, 23.985224
Re: testing
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2017, 09:48:21 am »
I believe that the purpose of the test message was exactly this.
Embrace the wind.

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2017, 12:25:15 pm »
Well, it was actually Tom getting paranoid about the site; there were no new messages yesterday morning when he logged in and he thought we had been 'got at'.

The site had actually been down the night before for maintenance on the servers but it was back up and running by the morning, allegedly. I don't 'do' mornings.

Back to the hi-jacked topic, which now seems to be pensions. When I left school my dad only gave me one piece of advice which was to make sure I got a job with a 'contributory' pension scheme where the employer pays in too. They weren't all like that back then.

So, I joined the RAF. Copper-bottomed one would think! Somehow having to serve for 22 years (from the age of 18, I was 16 at the time) before you 'got' your pension didn't seem too bad.

I had been in about 2 years and comitted to another 9 when it was explained to me that you didn't 'get' your pension after 22 years, but that was when you 'qualified' for any pension at all.

So, for those of us who served for 12 years (which was an awful lot of us) we get absolutely no pension whatsoever for those years apart from the government old age pension and while I realise millions around the globe don't even get that, it rather knocked my Caribbean island retirement dreams into a cocked hat.

Give up lots of freedoms, get some great training, travel the world (I went as far as Norfolk), meet lots of interesting 'foreign' people and plan to kill them all!

Bitter? Me?

Offline black-k1

• An Original Old Git.
    • View Profile
    • The Old Gits
  • My K bike model:: ex K1200S, K1300S Sport & K1300S Motorsport owner. Now a Kawasaki H2 SX SE owner
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Upgrade to Kawasaki H2 SX SE! Almost 220bhp at the wheel! BST Carbon wheels and Sargent seat
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2017, 12:43:40 pm »
While everyone is urged to plan for their retirement, be that through pensions, property or whatever, just remember that there will not be enough working age people to pay for those that haven’t made appropriate provisions thus the only place left for the government to obtain money is from those who have made provisions! Make sure you’re saving for two!
Correct rear brake use is scientifically proven to shorten stopping distances in EVERY road situation.

European Motorcycle Tours since 1998
The Old Gits - www.old-gits.org

Offline Costas

• Riders drive K, a Hawk flies, both are fast
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BMW Motorrad rider and pillion HP4 pegs,10-30 lit tank bag, SENA for BMW intercom system. Evo air filters. TechSpec tank pads. MIZU lowering dogbone system. B2 accelerator. Wunderlich adjustable levers, hub , brake caliber protectors, duolever bold protector. Turatech ABS Sensor protectors. IDE bars. Rizoma rear led signal lights, bar ends with lever protectors. Sargent complete system seat (pod, pillion backrest). Shrodie side badge led signal lights two modes. LED lights 2X35W 3000k high beam, 10W parking two modes. Tracker. Metisse front wheel protector sliders. R&G water pump protector, cardan protector. Ilmberger carbon set. Ztechnic tank protector,DT wimglets.
  • Location:: Athens, Greece, KS-Loutsa 37°58'16.6"N 23°59'06.8"E 37.971269, 23.985224
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2017, 12:58:58 pm »
True absolutely true.
Embrace the wind.

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2017, 05:06:42 pm »
Or cash the whole lot in, invite all the girls or guys round and blow the lot in a massive splurge, then, before you sober up, go top yourself and save the NHS millions by not growing old and decrepit.

Offline Matt

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: KTM 1290 Super Duke GT
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Oberon slave cylinder, 3D printed nav mount
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2017, 09:11:02 pm »
Some guys in suits asked me to help privatise the NHS. So I've been developing clones of all of us. The difference is they all have horrific illnesses and faults and a four year lifespan.  Thusly the NHS will be destroyed struggling to keep alive a bunch of clones.

I don't want to privatise the NHS by the way, but they promised an extra 1% contribution to my pension pot.
"Why was the spider disappointed after browsing the web? Because he couldn't find any fly downloads!"
Claude.ai effort at an original joke - 2022

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2017, 01:01:58 am »
An extra 1% won't even cover your lousy fuel economy mate  ::)