Author Topic: The Green Card Bureau  (Read 4745 times)

Offline Costas

• Riders drive K, a Hawk flies, both are fast
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BMW Motorrad rider and pillion HP4 pegs,10-30 lit tank bag, SENA for BMW intercom system. Evo air filters. TechSpec tank pads. MIZU lowering dogbone system. B2 accelerator. Wunderlich adjustable levers, hub , brake caliber protectors, duolever bold protector. Turatech ABS Sensor protectors. IDE bars. Rizoma rear led signal lights, bar ends with lever protectors. Sargent complete system seat (pod, pillion backrest). Shrodie side badge led signal lights two modes. LED lights 2X35W 3000k high beam, 10W parking two modes. Tracker. Metisse front wheel protector sliders. R&G water pump protector, cardan protector. Ilmberger carbon set. Ztechnic tank protector,DT wimglets.
  • Location:: Athens, Greece, KS-Loutsa 37°58'16.6"N 23°59'06.8"E 37.971269, 23.985224
The Green Card Bureau
« on: May 25, 2016, 04:19:23 pm »
As some of you are aware Brian indented to offer me his bike during my trip to UK, attempting to organize this within the legal limits astablished in UK we came along a wall of insurance schemes (scums@# ) latee discovered , that were only there to prevent us fm such a ride.
At the beginning looking at some post fm some of you , and here I thank you all for taking the time and the effort to assist, then visiting my insurance broker, then the "International insurance office of Representarives" locally , and then again exchanging many emails and telcoms with the organization that is established to satisfy insurance claims called "Counsil of Bureax",  the Green Card Organization,  found that most of what was claimed by insurance companies here and there were pure crap.
What was discovered is that all insurance companies have already signed agreements covering such issues and the policies applied, and prosedures established are all well documented and established and agreed. All fall under an international agreement, that for some reason mainly because of ignorance insurance company representatives  prevent us fm enjoying our hobbies and ofcourse for their benefit ask for extra money , for a service and a policy already agreed and offered free of charge .
What was discovered mainly for UK agencies was ammazing and for that reason allow me to offer this advice , read the agreement that your insurance companies have already agreed and signed for at list to be better understand and informed with the correct information regarding insurance claims.
So do visit the site : www.cobx.org   ,  the site of the Counsil of Bureax.
Embrace the wind.

Offline alaskier

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1600 GT
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Top case
Re: The Green Card Bureau
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2016, 07:30:39 pm »
So Costas, will anyone insure you to ride Brian's bike?

Offline Costas

• View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BMW Motorrad rider and pillion HP4 pegs,10-30 lit tank bag, SENA for BMW intercom system. Evo air filters. TechSpec tank pads. MIZU lowering dogbone system. B2 accelerator. Wunderlich adjustable levers, hub , brake caliber protectors, duolever bold protector. Turatech ABS Sensor protectors. IDE bars. Rizoma rear led signal lights, bar ends with lever protectors. Sargent complete system seat (pod, pillion backrest). Shrodie side badge led signal lights two modes. LED lights 2X35W 3000k high beam, 10W parking two modes. Tracker. Metisse front wheel protector sliders. R&G water pump protector, cardan protector. Ilmberger carbon set. Ztechnic tank protector,DT wimglets.
  • Location:: Athens, Greece, KS-Loutsa 37°58'16.6"N 23°59'06.8"E 37.971269, 23.985224
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2016, 08:01:20 pm »
That's the point no need am insured your insured every body is, the interpretation defers in uk together with the way policies are effective, and for that reason we deside against it. See the third party claims are taken care of by the green card but an accident caused by me mishandling the bike would result in claims covering only me but not the bike. Will be good with the rental car this time, next time I would be riding my bike and we make that or aomempther ride together.
Embrace the wind.

Offline richtea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2016, 09:55:02 pm »
Will the rental car be orange, or pink?

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2016, 10:01:47 pm »
It would appear, that despite the better efforts of the (stupid) UK insurance scammers companies, we is all covered 3rd party.

So, if Costas were to ride my bike into the back of my other bike, just to complicate matters, and it is clearly his fault (well, it wouldn't be my fault would it 8) ), then I can claim on his Greek insurance policy. Me or anyone else he stuffed, not that that is remotely likely.

If my other bike fell off its side stand and Broke Rae's leg while Costas wasn't riding it, then Rae can claim as above! So far so great.

However, all of this is 3rd party stuff. If some uninsured tw@t stuffed my 'other' bike off and punted Costas down the road, then he probably couldn't claim off anyone (because in UK there is such a thing as an uninsured driver) and I would have a pile of scrap which I wouldn't be able to afford to repair and sure couldn't claim on anyone's insurance, especially my own!

I also don't know (and can't find a traffic officer to ask when I want one) how the feds or UK law would treat either Costas for riding it, or me for letting him, in the event of a routine stop where one of the bikes on my multi-bike policy is being ridden by a foreign national on a Greek licence or his International licence whilst the other bike on the policy is being ridden by me!

My insurance company (telephone operative) knows nothing about the Council Of Bureaux, the Treatyof Rome or absolutely anything to be honest!

We tried. We really tried! Can't see the point of being in the EU (for the first time ever) if we are so different and even more so, unique!

Brian (who is sitting here chewing walnuts and spitting blood but he is sure the other half of the bottle of Shiraz will help calm him down  8) )

Offline chriscanning

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200r Sport
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BST's Wilbers Kehedo Rexxer Puig Akra
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2016, 11:47:59 am »
So my understanding of this Costa's fly over and rides around on your 1200 with his Greek insurance?

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2016, 12:10:23 pm »
Well, only if I want to risk it on 3rd party cover. And I don't. I still need to sell the 12 to be able to afford the 13  8)

And no-one can or will tell me if it is legal in UK with a bike on a multi-bike policy?

Too confusing to get our pea-like brains around I'm afraid Chris!

Offline Costas

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2016, 12:23:03 pm »
Chris, acoarding to what was explained to me by the green card council  there is no need for Brian to change his insurance policy , am covered,  regarding third party liability completely, also covered for personal injuries but claims have to be raised in Greece through the international bureue by me through his insurance,  the problem is that the owner is not covered by no one if am riding his bike.  And in uk the owner takes the blaim and all claims are raised against the owner via the insurance company,  completely deferent to the rest of the world.
Maybe if his polocy was multible driver one bike issue was easier to solve. But still doesn't worth the effort to find out.
Embrace the wind.

Offline chriscanning

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2016, 03:42:29 pm »
What it is really all about is travelling in the UK and getting through an ANPR!! If both K's are insured on the same policy then you will get away with it,although a claim could be interesting.

What would stand up is Costa's on your K with his Greek number plate and the paper work to back it up,so in theory he's on his bike over here,just turns out its Brian's,wouldn't be too bothered about the paperwork saying 1300 when the bike is 12 and if he bins it he'll have to buy it  :)

But if the old 1200 isn't currently insured in the UK then you'll be going no where if you get stopped you can qoute any EU ruling you like,and when Costa's produces his passport he'll be going one way and the bike the other green card or no.

Offline Costas

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2016, 05:25:27 pm »
Someone might assume that we are overthinking it, and maybe he is right, might even accuse us of over analysing it,  again in his eyes and views he is maybe right, but we aren't engaged in an effort to trick local law enforcement agents or the insurance policy people, its just that we lawffully wanted to enjoy riding together on bikes, and what was discovered simply does not justify our needs and does not comply with the way we do things.
I as a man called Costas would never risk someones piece of property just for my fan.
And since strongly believe that any action triggers a counteraction believe to live it a as it is.
Whenever am outside my country, even with the field of job that am involved, always  try to owner host contry systems, culture and above all people, and believe it or not this atitute its proved always beneficiary to me.
And it's always the next time, and that time would be on my bike and hopefully with all the same and more people in a joint ride .
Embrace the wind.

Offline raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Yamaha FJR (2013)
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2016, 06:40:16 pm »
Here here Costas, well said.

Offline chriscanning

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2016, 07:35:00 pm »
but we aren't engaged in an effort to trick local law enforcement agents or the insurance policy people, its just that we lawffully wanted to enjoy riding together on bikes,

That's easily sorted then the solution is called money,you can get anything sorted in this country if your prepared to pay the problem comes when your not.

Brian can put both bikes on the same policy,I currently have 4 on one policy and he adds Costas as an additional rider and you pay him :)

Offline raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Yamaha FJR (2013)
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2016, 08:04:13 pm »
Chris, stop being a smart arse, it's a friendly forum and you always seem to have an edge and there is no need.

Offline Costas

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2016, 08:04:22 pm »
Not that it interests all here, but yes that could be a solution to the problem, and was researched again without a positive outcome,  money weas not an issue, other regarding the way policy could be applied and coverage of claims  were raised.
All these made me wonder if it worth all the trouble for such a limited time and all most important for a bike advertised for sale already , and am wondering how would all this sound to a potensial buyer rider? Not good am sure.
It's OK Chris am feeling more than satisfied with the effort made to solve, and I thank you personally for researching it,   but it just not working. At list the way all sides would feel cover and above all satisfied.
So I drop it. And the rental car would do this time for me.
Embrace the wind.

Offline chriscanning

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2016, 08:39:56 pm »
Chris, stop being a smart arse, it's a friendly forum and you always seem to have an edge and there is no need.

Rae

This country has a system I'm not the one trying get around it with some EU hokas pokas I put the options up of how to beat the system if they don't want to go that route then fine but the only other option is to pay its that simple.