Author Topic: My First Euro Trip of 2017  (Read 6452 times)

Offline Belco100

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: ex K12R Sport, K13GT, K13S, multiple K16GTs. But now Ducati Multi V4S & KTM 1290 SAS.
Re: My First Euro Trip of 2017
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2017, 09:25:38 am »
PS how fast is the topbox rated for ?

;D Yes, it is a big bugger.

That top box was a free sweetener on my white K16, was then sprayed red for my second, then black for my third which happened to be the same black as the fourth and then my latest. I takes two helmets, is central locking, has two dampers that slowly open the lid and a built in light (no USB or 12v socket though). You have to unplug it from under the back seat and it is not really designed to be constantly put on and taken off and doesn't have a carry handle.

The K16GT doesn't come with a top box and it is an optional extra, but I have run some big speeds on Autobahns one up and two up without any problems. The K16GTL comes with a top box that sits about an inch or two further back and also has a bigger screen and softer suspension - that model is restricted to 139mph.

Offline alaskier

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1600 GT
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Top case
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2017, 10:39:34 am »
I understand Honda are revamping the Gold Wing to a hybrid electrical/ 1200cc flat 4 next year so presumably BMW will not be far behind. Oh how we laughed at this year's April Fool's joke about the K1600GT with an auxiliary electrically powered front wheel!!

T.

Offline Belco100

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: ex K12R Sport, K13GT, K13S, multiple K16GTs. But now Ducati Multi V4S & KTM 1290 SAS.
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2017, 11:01:51 am »
I understand Honda are revamping the Gold Wing to a hybrid electrical/ 1200cc flat 4 next year so presumably BMW will not be far behind. Oh how we laughed at this year's April Fool's joke about the K1600GT with an auxiliary electrically powered front wheel!!

T.

And it will connected through an App on the wifes phone that will engage reverse and make you go home when she wants  :D

Offline richtea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2017, 08:33:25 pm »
PS how fast is the topbox rated for ?

;D Yes, it is a big bugger.

That top box was a free sweetener on my white K16, was then sprayed red for my second, then black for my third which happened to be the same black as the fourth and then my latest. I takes two helmets, is central locking, has two dampers that slowly open the lid and a built in light (no USB or 12v socket though).

Whoa whoa whoa - reverse gear, dampers AND a light in the topbox. I never even knew such things existed.
Does it go on and off like a fridge? On, off, on, off.
Can I play?  ;D

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2017, 02:41:13 pm »
My Sargent Pillion Pod has a light under the lid and it goes on and off just like a fridge. As long as you remember to fit new batteries every so often.

As it is turned on by a mercury switch when the lid is opened, I have always wondered if it comes on under hard braking....

Offline OxMan

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Just sold my K1300R Dynamic in Racing Red (The fastest colour) - and taken delivery of my Guzzi.
  • Modifications and add-ons:: It's a TT Travel : with panniers; high screen; heated grips; cruise; low comfort seat; top box (!); centre stand; Ohlins; Akra sports can; engine bars; extra front fogs; Caponord mudguard/extended...
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2017, 05:29:41 pm »
...only one way to find out... 🤠
Late emerging biker - took the first bike plunge at 50 with a 12GT : swapped for a 13S 9 months in... then got my mitts on a lovely 2014 13R Dynamic in rrrrrracing rrrrred! Then the COVID came along... so I upped it to France and bought a V85TT... O Sole Mio etc etc!

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2017, 07:00:26 pm »
...only one way to find out... 🤠

You volunteering to roller-skate behind hanging onto the AluRack with one hand whilst opening the pillion pod with the other. If so, we need piccies of the results 🤗

Offline Costas

• Riders drive K, a Hawk flies, both are fast
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BMW Motorrad rider and pillion HP4 pegs,10-30 lit tank bag, SENA for BMW intercom system. Evo air filters. TechSpec tank pads. MIZU lowering dogbone system. B2 accelerator. Wunderlich adjustable levers, hub , brake caliber protectors, duolever bold protector. Turatech ABS Sensor protectors. IDE bars. Rizoma rear led signal lights, bar ends with lever protectors. Sargent complete system seat (pod, pillion backrest). Shrodie side badge led signal lights two modes. LED lights 2X35W 3000k high beam, 10W parking two modes. Tracker. Metisse front wheel protector sliders. R&G water pump protector, cardan protector. Ilmberger carbon set. Ztechnic tank protector,DT wimglets.
  • Location:: Athens, Greece, KS-Loutsa 37°58'16.6"N 23°59'06.8"E 37.971269, 23.985224
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2017, 10:39:36 am »
My Sargent Pillion Pod has a light under the lid and it goes on and off just like a fridge. As long as you remember to fit new batteries every so often.

As it is turned on by a mercury switch when the lid is opened, I have always wondered if it comes on under hard braking....
It probably does and that can explain why we need so often new batteries.
Embrace the wind.