Author Topic: K1200S  (Read 134655 times)

Offline fjtwelve

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Night Black K1200S 2008, Motorsport K1300S 2016
  • Modifications and add-ons:: K1200S: Low seat, Kahedo seat, full Akrapovic system, BSD remap, LED headlight bulbs, Pazzo levers, slate grey wheels, MRA Vario touring screen with inverted spoiler, RAM phone mount, RG crash bungs; Bagster tank bag & BMW large soft bag & BMW expanding panniers shared between bikes; K1300S LED headlights, RAM phone mount
Re: K1200S
« Reply #975 on: March 27, 2024, 03:28:53 pm »
Finally out of the sleet and rain. The good old k12 started after 3 months but the throttle cable is jammed so that the first job. K13 turned but it wouldn't fire so going on charge.
No windows yet and not fully insulated and on an extension lead, but will be able to work in there whilst storm Nelson batters the crap out of us. Again

Online Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #976 on: March 27, 2024, 09:35:27 pm »
Nice and comfy with plenty of room to swing a cat... :thumbsup:

Offline richtea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
« Reply #977 on: March 27, 2024, 10:10:24 pm »
Looks nice and roomy. Plenty of space for another bike or two!

Offline chriscanning

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200r Sport
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BST's Wilbers Kehedo Rexxer Puig Akra
« Reply #978 on: March 28, 2024, 07:02:07 am »
Def needs some fitted carpet 😊

Online Matt

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: KTM 1290 Super Duke GT
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Oberon slave cylinder, 3D printed nav mount
« Reply #979 on: March 28, 2024, 04:00:15 pm »
And a sofa/chaise. That's the next thing I want. My current solution is a tall Kallax on its side and a cushion or two :D.

Oh and auto turrets. That's a want, not a have.
"Why was the spider disappointed after browsing the web? Because he couldn't find any fly downloads!"
Claude.ai effort at an original joke - 2022

Offline richtea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: March 28, 2024, 08:21:05 pm »
And a sofa/chaise.

Deckchairs and a parasol on the roof.

And a BBQ.

'How did the garage burn down?'

Offline fjtwelve

• View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: K1200S: Low seat, Kahedo seat, full Akrapovic system, BSD remap, LED headlight bulbs, Pazzo levers, slate grey wheels, MRA Vario touring screen with inverted spoiler, RAM phone mount, RG crash bungs; Bagster tank bag & BMW large soft bag & BMW expanding panniers shared between bikes; K1300S LED headlights, RAM phone mount
« Reply #981 on: March 29, 2024, 06:02:57 pm »

Well I was planning just to clean the throttle return spring but you know how these things go. Its been too long since I cleaned out all the guts, and after spraying and scraping and wiping, I ended up using the vacuum cleaner to get all the crud out. While I was doing this I gave the battery a few hours on charge , popped it back in, replaced the fuel tank, and vroom vroom  thankyou no more sticky throttle and 11000rpm screaming.

Then I started stripping the fairings which were absolutely full of shite, and then pulled the air filters which definitely need replacing. Not only filthy and damp but stamped 2019.

Got to the front end because the calipers always need cleaning so I pulled those, and decided I'll put on the new discs I bought last year

Meanwhile outside its been blowing a gale and raining and hailing. What it is to have a shed. Oh and I sold a load of kindling I chopped up from off cuts for £20. Result

Offline richtea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: March 29, 2024, 08:51:24 pm »
That looks a damned sight cleaner than mine. Good job.
Nice to see you've retained the, er, toolkit.

Online Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #983 on: March 30, 2024, 09:32:29 am »
You were 'lucky' with the throttle return springs. Back on the old site are the various legendary tales of woe from first off Dusty in Scotland with his phantom 11,000 rpm tickover which mysteriously disappeared every time he trailered it to the stealers and then my saga which didn't and cost me a set of throttle bodies which luckily came off eBay for the princely sum of £99 with free postage from James Sherlock.

Never did find anything wrong with the old ones but even when there was nothing but the bare bodies and butterflies, they would stick if you closed them normally but worked perfectly if you let the throttle snap shut.

Offline fjtwelve

• View Profile
« Reply #984 on: March 30, 2024, 05:23:57 pm »
If you remember the last problem I had with the throttle was I'd worn out the assembly at the throttle body end so yes I was pleased it wasn't anything more serious

So karma got its own back today . Having undone 9 of the 10 bolts on the front discs, the star socket head of the 10th smeared. I tried an impact driver plus star socket no joy. Cut a straight slot for the impact flat head  driver without joy. Drilled a wide enough crater in the head to shear it off and get the brake disc and abs disc off. Started drilling out the bolt and the drill snapped off inside the bolt.

Seeing as this wheel has been bent and straightened 2 or 3 times, and is looking a little shag nasty it may be time to say goodbye. So I'll have to retrieve the gray wheel out of Son #2 shed and put a new tyre on it as this one is nearly shot. Handy that I have a spare tyre in the shed too...

As the wheel isn't going to be together for a few days, I've stripped the loose paint off the wheel carriers and got out the Hammerite

Online Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: March 30, 2024, 05:29:43 pm »
No good deed goes unpunished... ::)

Offline fjtwelve

• View Profile
« Reply #986 on: March 31, 2024, 05:14:11 pm »
I've retrieved the grey wheel and part worn tyre. I had a close look at the disc bolts and decided the new disc bobbin and spring washer set will have a set of new stainless bolts from James Sherlock.

Seeing as the weather is standard Bank Holiday issue, I've been inside to prime the wheel carriers with Hammerite.

As you can see in the background the radiator is coated in solid shite, so I've ordered a 90 degree widget for the jet wash and a litre of Simple Green Extreme Aviation cleaner. We shall see how that goes

Online Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: March 31, 2024, 05:43:48 pm »
There is a whole K12S from 2005 on fleabay with what appears from the piccies to be absolutely no paint bubbling or corrosion. £870...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/276397389863?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=7e2OSssISie&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=Ikv4nrhwSW6&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

...so tempting, just for the bits.

Offline fjtwelve

• View Profile
« Reply #988 on: March 31, 2024, 05:50:34 pm »
No. Not doing it. That's a project for someone else. I agree the parts are tempting but I don't have space for a hangar queen

I'm intrigued if it runs and has an mot, why do they recommend collection on a trailer.

Online Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: March 31, 2024, 06:16:44 pm »
Cos it is being sold as 'trade' which means it has not been tested or prepped. If you ride it away and kill yourself they might feel bad but they won't be liable...

It runs (vid available on request), has an MoT and has had its 18,000 mile service, which is more than my K13 has  ::)