Author Topic: First member in Scandinavia  (Read 2114 times)

Offline Raulfinn

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200RS -98
First member in Scandinavia
« on: February 24, 2017, 01:58:31 pm »
Hello
I am currently waiting to get the bike home. ;)There's too much snow around :'(
The bike is yellow/checkered flag -98 K1200RS.I have only seen photos of it so not much else to tell at the moment..
My plan is to make a trip by taking a ferry to Germany around 10th of April and after that, the weather dictates where to go.

Offline Costas

• Riders drive K, a Hawk flies, both are fast
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BMW Motorrad rider and pillion HP4 pegs,10-30 lit tank bag, SENA for BMW intercom system. Evo air filters. TechSpec tank pads. MIZU lowering dogbone system. B2 accelerator. Wunderlich adjustable levers, hub , brake caliber protectors, duolever bold protector. Turatech ABS Sensor protectors. IDE bars. Rizoma rear led signal lights, bar ends with lever protectors. Sargent complete system seat (pod, pillion backrest). Shrodie side badge led signal lights two modes. LED lights 2X35W 3000k high beam, 10W parking two modes. Tracker. Metisse front wheel protector sliders. R&G water pump protector, cardan protector. Ilmberger carbon set. Ztechnic tank protector,DT wimglets.
  • Location:: Athens, Greece, KS-Loutsa 37°58'16.6"N 23°59'06.8"E 37.971269, 23.985224
Re: First member in Scandinavia
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2017, 03:07:48 pm »
Hello and welcome.
Embrace the wind.

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2017, 04:18:11 pm »
Hi Raul and welcome to the madhouse that is EuroKClub!

That seems like a very brave move, buying off a photo! Where is the bike coming from?

Brian (who says looking forward to seeing some piccies when you work out how to load them up to the site  ::) )

Offline Raulfinn

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2017, 04:57:26 pm »
Hello gents
The seller is a quite known motorist around here nick "mchuurre" (lots of videos on youtube), so I trusted the sales ad ;)
Hi Raul and welcome to the madhouse that is EuroKClub!

That seems like a very brave move, buying off a photo! Where is the bike coming from?

Brian (who says looking forward to seeing some piccies when you work out how to load them up to the site  ::) )

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2017, 07:32:10 pm »
My Finnish never really got past the 'Ju' (?) stage!

I had a Finnish family as neighbours some years ago and the day they (and their sled racing team of 6 Greenland Huskys) moved in, they invited us round for 'something to drink'.

Being unaccustomed to Finnish hospitality and unsure as to what the evening entailed we ate a reasonable supper before we went, to soak up the 'drinks'!

Matti welcomed us at the door with half pint tumblers of gin and tonic; with very little, if any, tonic!

Lena appeared with some nibbles while Matti topped up the gin, literally in the time it took me to type it!!

The nibbles were followed by a huge tray of air dried reindeer meat and a couple more enormous gins  :o

Various plates of 'finger food' kept on coming as Matti opened two more bottles of tonic; God only knows how many bottles of gin had disappeared by this time  :o  :o

Just when we had admitted defeat and insisted we couldn't eat another thing, Lena appeared from the kitchen with the most enormous casserole I have ever seen, accompanied by about five different types of bread 'to help soak up the alcohol'; thank goodness we ate before we went  :)

I am sure most Finns don't drink as much as they did(?) but in the 18 months they stayed in the UK I almost became tee-total at home 8)

They gave up Europe and went back to the family farm within sight of the Russian border and kept in touch by sending photos of the timber house they were building, the most ridiculous artillery piece I have ever seen in a huge concrete bunker in their back garden and the sight of Russian soldiers 'exercising' along their garden fence! A short video tape of Matti taking pot-shots at them with his army-issue rifle almost had me digging a bunker of my own in case he caused WWIII to break out.

Apparently it was common for the Soviet soldiers to poach on Finnish territory and equally common for the local Finns to shoot them on sight for doing so  :o :o :o :o

Brian (who really should have learned the Finnish for 'No!' instead of just 'Yes!'   ::) )

gibbo

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2017, 10:17:12 am »
Welcome Raul to the Club from an ex K owner. You'll find plenty of decent chaps on here with a vast knowledge of the marque which you'll probably need in the near future. Enjoy the bike when you eventually collect it. I always liked that yellow checkered paint scheme.  ;)

Offline Raulfinn

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2017, 06:50:02 am »

Here's my bike at the Omaha Beach Normandy.
I took a ferry to Germany, drove to Nurburgring (1 sloooow lap), visited Bastogne, Verdun and the beach.
Bike was fine, except the high idle (1800rpm) and the top speed was only 200km/h :o
Got some work to do with the issues later (too cold to work outside) :'(
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 06:53:10 am by Raulfinn »

Offline richtea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2017, 09:54:12 pm »
Good picture, Raul!

And quite a long ride...

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2017, 11:43:22 am »
That is a really well composed photo; something about all the horizontal lines, the cut-out in the kerbs, even the shadow of the bike. It could almost be from a BMW poster or brochure from yesteryear!

Excellent.

Offline Raulfinn

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2017, 03:54:24 pm »
Thanks. Normally even I find my photos s****y, but this time it's propably the target that's makes it nice..
At the beach itself, there wasn't that many tourists, just some americans ( guess?? NYFD sweater).
I just love visiting the old battlegrounds and memorials. Still many left, Somme, Ypres etc..

Online Matt

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: KTM 1290 Super Duke GT
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Oberon slave cylinder, 3D printed nav mount
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2017, 10:46:04 am »
 Looks lovely Raul.  Reminds me I should go and continue my explorations.  Welcome to the forum in any case, belatedly! :)
"Why was the spider disappointed after browsing the web? Because he couldn't find any fly downloads!"
Claude.ai effort at an original joke - 2022