Author Topic: coming from supercharged gsx14 to here .....  (Read 1672 times)

Offline alfadave

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: k1300r 2014
coming from supercharged gsx14 to here .....
« on: August 02, 2016, 10:51:23 pm »
thought id say hi ..had my 2014 k1300r for almost a month ......never had a bike that's fuelled as bad as that..yeah im into my tuning ...but getting this bike I said nope ...well lasted a month ...its in getting its ecu reflashed with a custom tune ...early indications are its done trick and gained me 10 bhp at wheel as well as good torque increase  ...oops told a lie......did get akrapovic slip on...so so tempted for full system ....ha
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 09:37:35 pm by alfadave »

gibbo

Re: coming from supercharged gsx14 to here .....
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2016, 07:04:38 am »
Welcome to the club from a previous K1300R owner. They'll be plenty of experts on here with tons of experience of this marque so you'll never be lacking good advice or their banter.
The usual suspects will be along in due course to offer their welcomes.  ;)

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2016, 09:31:12 am »
Hi Dave (one assumes) and welcome to the madhouse that is EuroKClub!

Well, there is a first time for everything I suppose. And that is the first time I've heard anyone talk of poor fuelling on a K13; I'm just glad you didn't get a K12  ;D

Where did you get the re-map done? BSD is the place of choice for some of our guys!

Brian (who nips out on his K12 on e in a while just to remind how great the fuelling is on his K13  8) )

Offline NIBS

• Bubble up rubber down
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300R & K1300S (both 2012)
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Ilmberger this and AC Schnitzer that.
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2016, 09:40:58 am »
  Hi Dave wecome to the forum. Looking at your thumbnail looks as though you got the black silk metallic model, good call. Did you get the bike from Williams BMW Manchester by chance? I also have a K1300r 2014 model.
  It sounds as though you have had the bike on the dyno, what was it pumping out before and after at the back wheel? Would like to know what these bikes kit out in real world HP. It would also be interesting to see what the bike would put out if you added the extra air intake mod to the LHS of the airbox. Not that you really need any more power.  :D I have never seen any figures for that modification either.  ::)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 09:53:06 am by NIBS »
Prevoius bikes:-Ducati Scrambler 800 Urban Enduro, Aprilia Tuono Factory V41100, VFR800 Fi, K1300S, K1300R, YAMAHA MT10 sp, K1300R, K1200R, GSX1300 Hayabusa GEN1, GSXR1000k3, GSXR750Y2K, YAMAHA EXUP RU,NC30-VFR 400, GSXR600WW, XL600R, Z1B, GPZ1100B1, GPZ900R, GS550, Z1B, Z1A, GT380, GT185, FS1E.

Offline alfadave

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: k1300r 2014
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2016, 09:36:27 pm »
yes it was from Williams with goodies that I would have put on already so it was sold...
and it is dave
my bikes at hammer and tongs warrington and by what dyno guy has stated he was impressed with results....well my power went from 152 to 162 at rear and gained torque everywhere.stock air filter didn't look healthy that should have been replaced at last service in april!...but ill be judge when I throw my leg over it
 personally I found you were increasing throttle grip to smooth it out as it was running too close to lambda(know this regards tuning my bikes myself)but in doing this your speed increases ...bike runs worse when cold ...basically typical symptons of running lean...ive seen the mods owners have done with fooling water temp sensor into that its reading technically a cooler engine so fuels it a tad richer ...problem in my eyes it over fuels top end ...so reflash was way to go ..I have also seen a tuner show his wares by flashing without bike on dyno ...no same bikes fuel the same even if you blueprint engine,they will develop different power and torque characteristics

Offline Costas

• Riders drive K, a Hawk flies, both are fast
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BMW Motorrad rider and pillion HP4 pegs,10-30 lit tank bag, SENA for BMW intercom system. Evo air filters. TechSpec tank pads. MIZU lowering dogbone system. B2 accelerator. Wunderlich adjustable levers, hub , brake caliber protectors, duolever bold protector. Turatech ABS Sensor protectors. IDE bars. Rizoma rear led signal lights, bar ends with lever protectors. Sargent complete system seat (pod, pillion backrest). Shrodie side badge led signal lights two modes. LED lights 2X35W 3000k high beam, 10W parking two modes. Tracker. Metisse front wheel protector sliders. R&G water pump protector, cardan protector. Ilmberger carbon set. Ztechnic tank protector,DT wimglets.
  • Location:: Athens, Greece, KS-Loutsa 37°58'16.6"N 23°59'06.8"E 37.971269, 23.985224
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2016, 09:05:39 am »
Hello and welcome.
Embrace the wind.