Author Topic: Glutton for hardship  (Read 1040 times)

Offline strokeofgenius

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300s
Glutton for hardship
« on: July 02, 2019, 08:24:17 am »
Hello from Ireland,recently back in the k world having previously suffered at the hands of a K1200r.Slipping camchain exploding clutch covers,rattling clutch and abs failure are what I can remember but I still liked the bike.So I now have a k1300s ms 15 reg with just 13k miles.Love the bike but its currently recovering from a fd seal/bearing failure which was quite nasty as it covered rear tyre and disc in oil.A sharp left bend would have seen me down.Anyway a local dealer put new bearings and seals in the right side of fd and I did the left as bike was in my shed.Still leaking from where both sides join so I will update in proper section when I know more.My other bikes are r1150gs which gave all the usual hassle,broken gearbox input shaft,broken clutch,hall sensor but is sorted now thankfully.BMtrouble'u' s you have to love 'em.I also have an xt600 plus some strokers namely rd500,rg500,rd350 and a dt175 so some retro nightmares to go with the more modern ones.Anyway I love the site having only lately discovered it after the demise of ibmw.I hope you all have a great Summer season with plenty more of them to come, Gene.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 08:57:59 am by richtea »

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
Re: Glutton for hardship
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2019, 11:14:13 am »
Hi Gene and welcome to the madhouse that is EuroKClub!

Wow! The luck of the Irish as we say...not one bad K but two.

Anyway, we're glad you found us as the original EuroKClub suffered a similar fate to i-BMW a few years back so we know how you guys feel.