Author Topic: 2013 K1300s Sport -New Owner Revive/Enhance/Protect Project  (Read 10173 times)

Offline Forcefield

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: 2013 K1300s Sport
Re: 2013 K1300s Sport -New Owner Revive/Enhance/Protect Project
« Reply #195 on: April 15, 2024, 10:25:49 pm »
Love the subject, the quality and the music.
But the upside down bits are too druggy for me!  :o

What are the little connector bits in the yoke holes - for clipping on a phone/other?

Haha, no drugs were consumed on the making of this video  ;D

The mounts are a work in progress. I custom built an accessory bar that sits just in front of the yoke and it attaches to those slots. you can see the screen on the video. The system has a rear view camera/blind spot alert and I wanted to position it as far forward as I could to limit how far down I had to look and take my eyes of the road.  Got a few adjustments to make but its pretty good. I can see the screen with just a glance down without having to lower my head. Really good as a rear view camera mirror. Those mounts that go onto the battery cover are shocking! Id almost be looking at my belly button to see one of them!

Offline Matt

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: KTM 1290 Super Duke GT
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Oberon slave cylinder, 3D printed nav mount
« Reply #196 on: April 16, 2024, 08:26:17 am »
Ok my brain dump in order of appearance:

1. Stutter eh! Mine turned out to be fricking exhaust flap sticking I think - Philip sorted it after buying it from me.

2. Hurrah another 360 camera! Which one? Mine is the Insta360 X3. I'm still not happy with the res/clarity/stupid lens protector stuff. Your footage looks nice and clear.

2. Also have the X3. 1st time using it so much to learn, but I also had a nightmare with the lens protector fogging up and half the footage rendered useless. was quite pissed off after paying the price they charge for it all. Am looking into the best solution other than using it without. I saw someone using anti fog spray like they use in diving masks. might be my next shout. Have you got any links to footge we can see?

I've been slowly working through my footage from last year and linking from my thread here. I thought I'd finished but just remembered I have a couple more days to do damn it!

wow thats some spread!  Think Il need to go check it out, although I dont facy th ride home after  :o

Going to need some more preload (adds 'bag' symbol).

Haha,, yes that will help! speaking of which, i was out for a run in North wales yesterday and Id forgotten to change it back from 2up/comfy from the last time the mrs was on the back. Bike was awful through the twisties. What a difference it makes! Just wish the dampener was working also. Has motivated me to get it booked in and looked at asap!

Heres another video if anyones interested. Its of Honister Pass up in the Lakes and was an absolutley stunning ride. One part of it is super steep though. Reminded me of a time when I was in Thailand on a moped in the mountains and the brakes faded to nothing coming back down!

https://youtu.be/KcIXQV5SoVE

Let us know what you think, and any suggestions of roads you think would make for similarly interesting video please let me know!!!

Have a great week!

Wowsers that looks a nice place, and no other vehicles! One thing I belatedly realised when editing mine is that sometimes it's better to pretend it's a single lens thing and just insta-switch to the next angle. It was an embarrassing amount of time before I found that transition option in the editor :D.

Quality looks great. I think YouTube compression is ok until you have close-up complex stuff such as trees, whereas beaut' scenery backdrops are simple enough to not get messed up. Or at least that was the case several years ago. In my videos when i'm going through forests it seems a lot worse quality than when i'm out in the mountains.

Anyway! Time for a trip to Motolegends!
"Why was the spider disappointed after browsing the web? Because he couldn't find any fly downloads!"
Claude.ai effort at an original joke - 2022

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #197 on: April 16, 2024, 09:52:49 am »
Don't take your credit cards...

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #198 on: April 16, 2024, 10:13:23 am »
Love the vids Ritchie, even the upside down bits, you just have to pretend you are the pillion and not the rider.

I drove the pass long ago in the car with a manic, speed-freak girlfriend and we got tangled up with a bunch of bikes who were trying, but not hard enough...

When we pulled over in a lay-by for a brew, some of the bikes pulled in and one of the guys came over and said 'You should ride a bike mate.' Well, I only had two at the time but I took it as a high compliment.

Honister used to be used as a selective (timed and competitive) section on road rallies back in the day and it was as scary as 5#/+€ in the dark, especially for the poor navigators!

Offline GlynH

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: 2010 K1300GT EE
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Touratech heated seats
« Reply #199 on: April 16, 2024, 01:18:39 pm »

Haha,, yes that will help! speaking of which, i was out for a run in North wales yesterday and Id forgotten to change it back from 2up/comfy from the last time the mrs was on the back. Bike was awful through the twisties. What a difference it makes! Just wish the dampener was working also. Has motivated me to get it booked in and looked at asap!

Heres another video if anyones interested. Its of Honister Pass up in the Lakes and was an absolutley stunning ride. One part of it is super steep though. Reminded me of a time when I was in Thailand on a moped in the mountains and the brakes faded to nothing coming back down!

Let us know what you think, and any suggestions of roads you think would make for similarly interesting video please let me know!!!

Have a great week!

Great video Ritchie. What music was that?

Reading the comments it's the second time I've seen the Chigee AIO-5 mentioned in as many days.

First a friend of mine who rides a GS sent me a link to a YT video and asked me what I think. Honest answer was never heard of it but having seen it I'm interested!

Then I watch your video and see you mentioning a custom mount for it. Is that it I see mounted on your bike? If so what do you think of it?

The GT has different bars hence a different mounting system would probably be needed but do you have any details of the mount also please?

I tried a Chinese CarPlay unit in my Audi A8 but after 18 months of being frustrated with its issues and lack of response from ewaying the supplier I ended up removing it.

Tempted to try CarBikePlay though as it could be a better solution than going through a dozen phone mounts on the bike trying to find one I like!

Thanks & kind regards,
-=Glyn=-
« Last Edit: April 16, 2024, 02:20:21 pm by GlynH »

Offline Forcefield

• View Profile
« Reply #200 on: April 17, 2024, 11:50:45 am »
Ok my brain dump in order of appearance:

1. Stutter eh! Mine turned out to be fricking exhaust flap sticking I think - Philip sorted it after buying it from me.

2. Hurrah another 360 camera! Which one? Mine is the Insta360 X3. I'm still not happy with the res/clarity/stupid lens protector stuff. Your footage looks nice and clear.

2. Also have the X3. 1st time using it so much to learn, but I also had a nightmare with the lens protector fogging up and half the footage rendered useless. was quite pissed off after paying the price they charge for it all. Am looking into the best solution other than using it without. I saw someone using anti fog spray like they use in diving masks. might be my next shout. Have you got any links to footge we can see?

I've been slowly working through my footage from last year and linking from my thread here. I thought I'd finished but just remembered I have a couple more days to do damn it!

wow thats some spread!  Think Il need to go check it out, although I dont facy th ride home after  :o

Going to need some more preload (adds 'bag' symbol).

Have a great week!

Wowsers that looks a nice place, and no other vehicles! One thing I belatedly realised when editing mine is that sometimes it's better to pretend it's a single lens thing and just insta-switch to the next angle. It was an embarrassing amount of time before I found that transition option in the editor :D.

Quality looks great. I think YouTube compression is ok until you have close-up complex stuff such as trees, whereas beaut' scenery backdrops are simple enough to not get messed up. Or at least that was the case several years ago. In my videos when i'm going through forests it seems a lot worse quality than when i'm out in the mountains.

Anyway! Time for a trip to Motolegends!

The road was actually super busy on a bank holiday weekend. Ive just edited it all out to look like it was only me there! I also had to keep pulling over whenever I caught up with a car and let them get out of view again.

Yes the X3 is shockingly bad in low light conditions. Its an amazing piece of kit when you think what it can do, but the grainy dark areas could be a deal breaker for me. Ive only used it once so will persevere. We plan to use it in our business anyway so its not a wasted purchase. i just hope I can utilise it fully on the bike

Offline Forcefield

• View Profile
« Reply #201 on: April 17, 2024, 11:51:41 am »
Love the vids Ritchie, even the upside down bits, you just have to pretend you are the pillion and not the rider.

I drove the pass long ago in the car with a manic, speed-freak girlfriend and we got tangled up with a bunch of bikes who were trying, but not hard enough...

When we pulled over in a lay-by for a brew, some of the bikes pulled in and one of the guys came over and said 'You should ride a bike mate.' Well, I only had two at the time but I took it as a high compliment.

Honister used to be used as a selective (timed and competitive) section on road rallies back in the day and it was as scary as 5#/+€ in the dark, especially for the poor navigators!

Its some road isnt it! Would love to see some rally cars going round!

Offline Matt

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: KTM 1290 Super Duke GT
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Oberon slave cylinder, 3D printed nav mount
« Reply #202 on: April 17, 2024, 06:46:42 pm »
** Threw out the Chigee Carpuride chat into a new thread to avoid further tangential chatter in this fun thread :) **
"Why was the spider disappointed after browsing the web? Because he couldn't find any fly downloads!"
Claude.ai effort at an original joke - 2022