Author Topic: K1300S  (Read 49419 times)

Offline fjtwelve

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Night Black K1200S 2008, Motorsport K1300S 2016
  • Modifications and add-ons:: K1200S: Low seat, Kahedo seat, full Akrapovic system, BSD remap, LED headlight bulbs, Pazzo levers, slate grey wheels, MRA Vario touring screen with inverted spoiler, RAM phone mount, RG crash bungs; Bagster tank bag & BMW large soft bag & BMW expanding panniers shared between bikes; K1300S LED headlights, RAM phone mount
Re: K1300S
« Reply #150 on: November 27, 2020, 05:14:32 pm »
After being pretty much stuck inside for a month I finally got out this week, broken fairing notwithstanding. I gave up with the local body shop as they dithered so much over lockdown, but will try again next week

14000 miles came up on the way. There was more grip than it looks but it was a bit parky.

Eventually fetched up at Bude but all the cafes were shut so no hot teas going. I had gone out in my leathers for the first time this year and whilst warmer than the textiles they are ventilated and as the temperature dropped I had to put the oversuit on to keep the wind out. The combination is definitely warmer than the BMW Enduro suit. Gratifyingly loose fit too thanks to the weight I have lost, last year i basically burst the zips and now they're almost  oversize

Yesterday I got out again and went along the South coast this time and  up over Dartmoor. Everything was shut again and it was down to 3.5C , but nice and dry, mostly. Leaving the moor via Moretonhampstead, I went North up to the A3072 and turned towards Bude, West and into the low setting sun . This road in lockdown was very quiet and a pleasant ride in the summer. Now I discover its a favourite with HGVs running East West, and I was stuck behind a tractor unit for a while. Admirably accurately driven with only inches to spare to the verge and white line, and some very narrow squeaks with oncoming trucks. The downside being that every bit of shite in the verge was being sprayed all over me and my visor, combining with the low sun to reduce visibility to very little. Anyway, better out on the road in the sun than stuck inside

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #151 on: November 27, 2020, 09:28:59 pm »
With the roads here in the Marches covered in the red shite that passes for soil when it is in the fields, staying indoors chucking logs on the fire and listening to the fieldfares in the orchards seems like a much better idea.

The birds are only 30 metres away but totally invisible through the fog which hasn't lifted for two days. Brrrrrian

Offline fjtwelve

• View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: K1200S: Low seat, Kahedo seat, full Akrapovic system, BSD remap, LED headlight bulbs, Pazzo levers, slate grey wheels, MRA Vario touring screen with inverted spoiler, RAM phone mount, RG crash bungs; Bagster tank bag & BMW large soft bag & BMW expanding panniers shared between bikes; K1300S LED headlights, RAM phone mount
« Reply #152 on: January 07, 2021, 09:12:08 pm »
Got the bike out of the shed for the first time this year, still covered in shite from the last run and missing the side panel. First off the battery was flat so had to jump start from the TT . New battery or not, that thought twice about starting, Cornish frost is obviously harder than it looks. Then had to use the air pump plugged into the TT fag lighter to blow up the K rear tyre which was almost flat.

Having wheeled it out of the shed and round the side of the house I replaced the side panel. I am NOT happy with the paint job but shit happens and maybe I should have shelled out £600 for the BMW painter instead of £300 to the locally recommended bloke. Anyway having rendered the bike rideable I went out for a 40 mile run around and found myself following the council gritter after 2 miles. Turned off and proceeded to ride into the low winter sun for half an hour which rendered most things invisible. The TPMS was showing the rear tyre was greatly over inflated so stopped to reduce the pressure and fill up with fuel. Got home and spent 90 minutes washing the salt off before the temperature dropped to freezing

And Trump thinks he's got problems

Offline chriscanning

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200r Sport
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BST's Wilbers Kehedo Rexxer Puig Akra
« Reply #153 on: January 08, 2021, 12:10:50 pm »
Hi Martin

Happy New Year....not even sure what you are doing is even currently legal in lockdown, but when it is and we ever get a dry day(currently) snowing and clean roads i’m Looking forward to riding my KTM that was on the dyno before Christmas and until then cleaning bikes  :)

Offline richtea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
« Reply #154 on: January 08, 2021, 01:18:20 pm »
He was buying lemons.
Everyone needs lemons.

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #155 on: January 08, 2021, 03:20:04 pm »
He was buying lemons.
Everyone needs lemons.

Seems like Martin already has enough lemons; flat battery, amateur paintjob...

Offline chriscanning

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200r Sport
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BST's Wilbers Kehedo Rexxer Puig Akra
« Reply #156 on: January 08, 2021, 04:02:05 pm »
If we are talking lemons...was thinking more along the lines of bikes keep’t in garden shed  :o :o :o :o

Offline fjtwelve

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 08, 2021, 04:06:40 pm »
I was going to buy petrol, officer, so that the tank is full and I dont get condensation causing water in the fuel. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Next week I will mostly be using the large 50 litre soft bag to collect my click and collect shopping. I have yet to select which supermarket to collect from so will need to visit several to determine the one with the most covid secure set up.

Offline raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Yamaha FJR (2013)
« Reply #158 on: January 08, 2021, 04:26:14 pm »
I know we makes jokes about this but it's really not funny, over 1300 dead in the last 24 hours, and I bet none of them went out to get Coved 19 on purpose.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2021, 05:12:47 pm by raesewell »

Offline richtea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 08, 2021, 06:06:52 pm »
I know we makes jokes about this but it's really not funny, over 1300 dead in the last 24 hours, and I bet none of them went out to get Coved 19 on purpose.

Quite right.

However, black humour gets some of us through it, as a release.
I've not been off a motorbike as long as this for 26 years, and forums such as this are a good way to let off a little steam. No offence is meant.

Offline raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 08, 2021, 06:15:27 pm »
I agree Rich we have for many years got through difficult times with humour. I don't have a problem with people making jokes about going the long way round to the supermarket, it's actually doing it I have a problem with.

Edit: Maybe that was a poor example but you get my point.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2021, 06:24:21 pm by raesewell »

Offline richtea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 08, 2021, 06:36:36 pm »
I do, and agreed - hence I'm sitting tight, bored bat-sh*t crazy.
Luckily I have some work, a push bike, and a nice 4 mile walking circuit. But right now it's too cold for cycling - the windchill is too great, so it's walk walk walk.

Offline raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 08, 2021, 06:43:28 pm »
I did get out on the bike on Wednesday as the FJR was booked in for a safety recall to have a brake switch fitted. It was bloody cold sitting in an empty showroom waiting for the work to be done. I was glad to get on the bike for the journey home to warm up a bit.

I went straight there and back, not the long way round  ???

Offline fjtwelve

• View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 08, 2021, 07:20:44 pm »
Ok. Since lockdown #1 I have been to town to get my haircut twice and Ocean for the bikes 3 times.  I have only been into places on the Wrinklies, to see my isolated dad, or to get the click and collect but that's in a car park, and garages. My grandson has been for a few hugs but none of the rest of the family. SWMBO made me sleep in a separate room for 10 days after the wrinklies. I am getting to the point where my minimal social skills have disappeared, being limited to saying "Please stay 2m away" or the Anglo Saxon equivalent. I am totally fecked off with the whole thing. Not the first year of retirement that I had been led to believe I would have.
Oh and I read somewhere today theres a FJR recall for dodgy second gears but limited to a certain date range, not sure if you'rve seen it Rae.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2021, 07:23:11 pm by fjtwelve »

Offline raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 08, 2021, 07:32:19 pm »
The FJR gear problem is only with the six speed version, I told you the FJR didn't need six gears  ;D