Author Topic: Zumo 595 or Navigator VI  (Read 4893 times)

Offline TomL

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
Re: Zumo 595 or Navigator VI
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2018, 02:16:03 pm »
I still prefer the display on the Zumo 500.

The 590 squeezes much more onto the display but the print size is smaller and not conducive to reading when riding a motorcycle.
As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Andym535

« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2018, 04:04:54 pm »
As for the eyesight, I am asuming you are long-sighted  8)

Shortsighted + Contact lenses + Old age = need for reading glasses sometimes.

Offline sudolea

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2018, 05:41:35 pm »
I found the neatest place for the coiled loom to be tucked down in front of the battery with a lazy loop to the head mount to allow flexibility for the steering. Easier to get to than in the fairing too.

I found the original loom too cumbersome to put away properly. And I didn't need all those other cables anyway. So I dismantled my Zümo 595's mount, removed the original loom, and fixed a single (power-only) cable to it. This way, the mount can be made removable (if you provide a waterproof 12V feed). So outside the holidays, you can unmount it : the GPS is useless then, as the way to and from work is known anyway. Unmounting it (a 2 minute job) gives a better reach for inserting the contact key, and the original BMW logo isn't bad either :)

For those interested in making such a leaner Zümo 595 (removable) mount, I made a small video of it some time ago, including the parts list for doing that same job himself : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2qydiYTEsI
There are I0 kinds of people : those who can count in binary, and those who can't...