Author Topic: Do you service your own K?  (Read 15045 times)

Offline Costas

• Riders drive K, a Hawk flies, both are fast
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BMW Motorrad rider and pillion HP4 pegs,10-30 lit tank bag, SENA for BMW intercom system. Evo air filters. TechSpec tank pads. MIZU lowering dogbone system. B2 accelerator. Wunderlich adjustable levers, hub , brake caliber protectors, duolever bold protector. Turatech ABS Sensor protectors. IDE bars. Rizoma rear led signal lights, bar ends with lever protectors. Sargent complete system seat (pod, pillion backrest). Shrodie side badge led signal lights two modes. LED lights 2X35W 3000k high beam, 10W parking two modes. Tracker. Metisse front wheel protector sliders. R&G water pump protector, cardan protector. Ilmberger carbon set. Ztechnic tank protector,DT wimglets.
  • Location:: Athens, Greece, KS-Loutsa 37°58'16.6"N 23°59'06.8"E 37.971269, 23.985224
Re: Do you service your own K?
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2016, 01:50:34 pm »
Set of shims costs 60 € add the cost of the big service 350€ here , and there you have it.
Embrace the wind.

Offline chriscanning

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200r Sport
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BST's Wilbers Kehedo Rexxer Puig Akra
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2016, 03:08:48 pm »
My 660 never even went back to the dealer for its 600 miles service,the Tiger hasn't seen a dealer in 10 years and the 1100s must 14 years they are all looked after by me.

I view the K as a different ball game,I knew what I was getting into as it took me 2 years to even buy one!!,at some time I will cross the line in the sand when I'm fed up with paying be it extended warranty or shop services prices but I haven't reached it yet and I've had the bike since 09,and Not yet seen anyone look after one of these things self service on a long term basis,plus would you buy a secondhand K with a self service history?? No me niether,I'm not down to my last 50p but even I'd view an old K as a mighty financial risk.

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2016, 03:43:21 pm »
indeed, Brian, or two strokes!

Possibly the simplest of all, but really a creation of the devil  ;D

Offline AndyLP

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200S
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2016, 08:25:18 am »
Hi can anyone send me the link to the K1200S service schedule and if there any service manuals out there.  Thanks a bunch  ;)

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2016, 01:07:16 pm »
Hi can anyone send me the link to the K1200S service schedule and if there any service manuals out there.  Thanks a bunch  ;)

You will find all the BMW service schedules here....

http://www.ascycles.com/bmw_motorcycle_service_and_maintenance_schedules.aspx

and the manual is called RepROM and is available from your stealer on DVD for about £100 or as a download from t'internet for about £20. There are lots of reliable sources out there, the one I have works fine (on Windows ONLY, none work on Mac/IOS), cost me £20 but I can't remember where I got it.

Brian

Offline AndyLP

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2016, 01:33:16 pm »
Thanks Brian, I know what the folks say about you on here but you really are a good chap :)

Offline raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Yamaha FJR (2013)
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2016, 01:41:41 pm »
Don't you believe it, he'll nick you gold teeth if you sleep with your mouth open.  ;D

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2016, 02:48:38 pm »
Anyone who sleeps with their mouth open deserves everything they get.....

Brian (who doesn't listen to anything on this site so wouldn't know  :o )

Elite Evil

« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2016, 03:52:51 pm »
and the manual is called RepROM and is available from your stealer on DVD for about £100 or as a download from t'internet for about £20. There are lots of reliable sources out there, the one I have works fine (on Windows ONLY, none work on Mac/IOS), cost me £20 but I can't remember where I got it.

Brian

Sorry but I don't like this.

If you don't agree with piracy buy it from your dealer, don't pay £20 to another pirate.

I would never download it for free, or recommend downloading it for free. ;)

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2016, 04:26:24 pm »
Each to their own.

Offline alaskier

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1600 GT
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Top case
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2016, 06:56:50 pm »

Quote:

"Sorry but I don't like this.

If you don't agree with piracy buy it from your dealer, don't pay £20 to another pirate.

I would never download it for free, or recommend downloading it for free. ;)

Report to moderator    Logged

Dissident."

Seconded. Why should pirates profit from someone else's artistry and hard work?? You wouldn't like it if they stole your property or ideas. Give 'em a wide berth I say.

T.

Offline AndyLP

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2016, 06:34:42 pm »
So what is the low down on the GS911?  Where is the best place to get one from and is there anything specific I need to know for the K1200S?  Actually where is the plug point on the bike?

Offline Costas

• Riders drive K, a Hawk flies, both are fast
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BMW Motorrad rider and pillion HP4 pegs,10-30 lit tank bag, SENA for BMW intercom system. Evo air filters. TechSpec tank pads. MIZU lowering dogbone system. B2 accelerator. Wunderlich adjustable levers, hub , brake caliber protectors, duolever bold protector. Turatech ABS Sensor protectors. IDE bars. Rizoma rear led signal lights, bar ends with lever protectors. Sargent complete system seat (pod, pillion backrest). Shrodie side badge led signal lights two modes. LED lights 2X35W 3000k high beam, 10W parking two modes. Tracker. Metisse front wheel protector sliders. R&G water pump protector, cardan protector. Ilmberger carbon set. Ztechnic tank protector,DT wimglets.
  • Location:: Athens, Greece, KS-Loutsa 37°58'16.6"N 23°59'06.8"E 37.971269, 23.985224
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2016, 07:24:12 pm »
Under the seat on the rear right side
Embrace the wind.

Offline tiggerwood

• Like BMW Bikes but not some dealers
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300GT 2010 (109000 miles)
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Wunderlich Air deflectors, top box
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2016, 08:01:54 pm »
They turn up on eBay from time to time (my source) but people bidding are clearly aware of the cost of a new one from the manufacturer
( http://www.hexcode.co.za/ )

I have an "enthusiasts version"  which will register another 5 VINS before I need to pay for an additional license.
Business  bikes are tax deductable

Offline AndyLP

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2016, 08:25:35 pm »
They turn up on eBay from time to time (my source) but people bidding are clearly aware of the cost of a new one from the manufacturer
( http://www.hexcode.co.za/ )

I have an "enthusiasts version"  which will register another 5 VINS before I need to pay for an additional license.

Thanks.  Will the standard connector fit the K1200 or do you need an adapter at all?