Author Topic: BMW owners club  (Read 11383 times)

Coully

Re: BMW owners club
« Reply #45 on: February 05, 2019, 01:23:16 pm »
a monthly magazine, that has folks trips written up in it. in fairness i only give it a cursory glance or have given the 1st 2 issues i've received. Admittance to the meets etc i think or the get aways they have booked. there are some discounts to be gotten from dealers or retailers , alas for me .... sweet f a for up here or relevant to me alas.

If i can get on one of the rally weekends this year i will consider job done i think and not bother renewing , i'm not much of a joiner either but it seemed ok , but if i rock up and am far and away the youngest then that may take the wind from my sails .

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #46 on: February 05, 2019, 08:15:25 pm »
You are so guache and naive Matt...but that is one of the beauties of youth.

But you have no excuse  8)

Offline slparry

• View Profile
    • My webspace
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1
« Reply #47 on: February 06, 2019, 02:40:07 pm »
from the "conditions of membership"

"The BMW Club - Our Ethos

The BMW Club Forum is an integral part of the BMW Club UK (Also a Limited Company) and as such has a duty to use this name responsibly so that it does not cause the club any embarrassment or damage. Like it or not, we also have a responsibility towards the BMW Company as a whole and this must be reflected on the forum which is our public window to non members, showing our values and how we conduct ourselves.
 __________________________________________________________ "

I seem to recall the sp was as BMW contribute financially it the club that was why the admins stopped any criticism of the products
--

Steve Parry
Sales @ Chester KTM
Oppressed since 1958

Current fleet: '14 F800GS, '87 R80RS, '03 R1100S BoxerCup, '90 K1 .... '15 R12RT LC LE :D

Offline raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Yamaha FJR (2013)
« Reply #48 on: February 06, 2019, 02:48:23 pm »
C'mon Steve give the new guys a run down of your banning  ;D ;)
I was put on a warning for telling Bill Smithson to "lighten up"  :o

Offline richtea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
« Reply #49 on: February 06, 2019, 04:12:36 pm »

Like it or not, we also have a responsibility towards the BMW Company as a whole and this must be reflected on the forum which is our public window to non members, showing our values and how we conduct ourselves.

So wrong. It should really be a responsibility to praise BMW where deserved, and take them to task them where not.

If nothing else, the fact that we're discussing it here without censure gives me a warm smug feeling.
You can have two tots, Brian. Just remind me of my promise before I'm pissed.  :P

Offline black-k1

• An Original Old Git.
    • View Profile
    • The Old Gits
  • My K bike model:: ex K1200S, K1300S Sport & K1300S Motorsport owner. Now a Kawasaki H2 SX SE owner
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Upgrade to Kawasaki H2 SX SE! Almost 220bhp at the wheel! BST Carbon wheels and Sargent seat
« Reply #50 on: February 06, 2019, 04:34:41 pm »

You can have two tots, Brian. Just remind me of my promise before I'm pissed.  :P

I thought that when you had Brian on a promise you had to be pissed!!!!!
Correct rear brake use is scientifically proven to shorten stopping distances in EVERY road situation.

European Motorcycle Tours since 1998
The Old Gits - www.old-gits.org

Offline richtea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
« Reply #51 on: February 06, 2019, 05:07:41 pm »
So wrong. Twice!

Coully

« Reply #52 on: February 06, 2019, 07:07:20 pm »
Any of you lads make it this far north , I'll buy you a nip...a large one

Offline sudolea

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 06, 2019, 08:49:03 pm »
tot, nip. If it does not mean what I think it means, I don't understand what you're all saying. If it does mean what I think it means : English is "just another Dutch" (of, if you prefer) Dutch is just another English  :D
There are I0 kinds of people : those who can count in binary, and those who can't...

Offline raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 06, 2019, 09:12:01 pm »
Tot and nip are terms for an alcoholic drink, often whisky but not exclusively  ;)

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #55 on: February 06, 2019, 10:48:52 pm »

I thought that when you had Brian on a promise you had to be pissed!!!!!

Me too!!

jesim1

« Reply #56 on: February 07, 2019, 02:40:22 pm »
I'm not really a 'joiner' of clubs so have never looked into it, but what exactly do you get for your subscription, apart from heavy-handed censorship and immoderate moderators?  :)
Sadly that is about it.

I was looking at it as I like to get away the odd weekend, but I don't want to be tenting in a field any more. So far I've got 4 events booked through the Harley club as my mates are members - I like the way they hire a band and hotel and make a weekend of it (I park up and don't go on the ride outs!). I was kind of hoping the BMW club done a similar thing - totally wrong, they do old, dull, boring and chastisement pretty well though. :-\

So I'm on here, the GTL owns site and the GSer site, but still going for Harley events :'(

Offline raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 07, 2019, 02:44:12 pm »
Take a look at our Wrinklies trip, it may suit you  ;)

jesim1

« Reply #58 on: February 10, 2019, 05:55:13 pm »
Take a look at our Wrinklies trip, it may suit you  ;)
It's just going to be too much to fit this in as I'm at "The Gathering" in Dunoon on the Friday and meeting up with friends to get there in Scotland on the Thursday. Perhaps next year?

James

Offline andym2

• View Profile
  • Location:: Stratford on Avon (District, the town is 'Upon' )
« Reply #59 on: August 25, 2023, 12:15:26 pm »
Sorry for reviving an old thread, but I was considering joining the BMW club. I think their site says something like 'GS and other BMW motorcycles' which doesn't bode well, given my deep seated hatred of boxers. So it could just be £32 to get banned within a week. Anyone else have any recent experiences?