General forum area > LT - All generations

K1200 speed sensor

(1/2) > >>

Squadron Leader:
When I put my K1200 LT into reverse gear, it goes for about a metre then stops. I have to press the button again and it moves another metre and so on.

After a trawl on the web, I find out it is the speed sensor that needs changing. Has anyone here changed theirs? If so, where is it located on the bike and how easy is it change?

Thanks,

Phil

Timbox:
sorry had to remove this, I might be wrong, but im sure its either on the FD or the caliper, but you may have both in which case Im not sure which is which

Niall:

--- Quote from: Squadron Leader on May 06, 2015, 05:56:36 pm ---After a trawl on the web, I find out it is the speed sensor that needs changing.
--- End quote ---

Does it? I'm sure that's how all my LTs behaved. Reverse uses the starter motor as I recall - so driven by the battery. Could that be why it only goes a bit at a time? To stop buggering the battery?

Squadron Leader:
Interesting. This is my first LT so I don't know any different. I was posing the question as I thought it was normal to just move back a metre or so, but not, according to other LT owners. Yes it is driven off the starter motor and the revs rise whilst reversing to put more charge to the starter motor.
So. Back to my original question. Where is the speed sensor located?

Timbox:

--- Quote from: Squadron Leader on May 08, 2015, 09:03:52 pm ---Interesting. This is my first LT so I don't know any different. I was posing the question as I thought it was normal to just move back a metre or so, but not, according to other LT owners. Yes it is driven off the starter motor and the revs rise whilst reversing to put more charge to the starter motor.
So. Back to my original question. Where is the speed sensor located?

--- End quote ---

See my reply above, on the Final Drive or possibly caliper.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version