Author Topic: Rae,s K1200GT Seat  (Read 4679 times)

Offline raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Yamaha FJR (2013)
Rae,s K1200GT Seat
« on: February 14, 2015, 02:30:27 pm »
I had my seat re-worked a few months ago. Had it re-shaped and Gel inserts put in.
I had this done by Marty Walker at Smartrrrs
www.smartrrrs.biz
He makes the gel inserts onsite and can make them firmer or softer to meet your requirements.
After having the seat for a few months now I can say that it has made a huge difference not only to me but to Melanie my wife.
She can do two hours plus before we are looking for a stop.
Here are some pics

« Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 01:39:49 pm by raesewell »

Offline TomL

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
Re: Rae,s K1200GT Seat
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2015, 11:07:58 pm »
That looks very smart Rae. Did you deal with him face to face to discuss your requirements?

I think the the standard seats are rubbish when you look at how they are formed. How much did that cost you if you don't mind me asking?

I was looking into modifying my seat but ended up getting a Sargent seat off ebay.

As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Offline raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Yamaha FJR (2013)
Re: Rae,s K1200GT Seat
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2015, 08:06:30 am »
Yes Tom, I have used Marty several times in the past and I find it best to go and chat with him. That way you can discuss fabric, foam, gel needs etc. For me it's a 45 / 50 minute ride so it's not that bad for me. I think even if I lived further away I would make a trip of it.
Having said that he will willingly deal with it over the phone and by post. I sent him some picture of a seat that I saw in Alan Jeffries that was along the lines of what I wanted and we went from there.