Author Topic: Moving satnav mount  (Read 1118 times)

Offline Sutty

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300 Dynamic
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Autocom, BSD remap, 170 at the wheel. SC project can with baffle removed.Lust 25mm lowering plates
Moving satnav mount
« on: August 07, 2020, 03:40:34 pm »
Hello guys, Iv'e never been keen on the Batman style screen on my R so decided to change it for a carbon one. Once it was fitted it was clear that the TomTom that was mounted on a Ram mount ball in the steering head was spoiling the line of the bike. I solved the problem by making a new mounting plate and drilling and tapping for  a couple of 5mm c/sunk  socket screws which fastened the baseplate of the TomTom bike mounting to it.
The satnav now sits further back and lower and is much less noticeable and it dosen't spoil the lines of the bike.

Regards  Mick
No problems only Solutions

Online Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
Re: Moving satnav mount
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2020, 09:49:54 pm »
Looking younger everyday Mick   8)

Offline Sutty

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300 Dynamic
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Autocom, BSD remap, 170 at the wheel. SC project can with baffle removed.Lust 25mm lowering plates
Re: Moving satnav mount
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2020, 11:39:30 pm »
Why thank you Brian, he’s now a firm fan of fast bikes.

Regards. Mick
No problems only Solutions