Author Topic: Coincidences and the weather  (Read 41789 times)

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
Re: Coincidences and the weather
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2017, 03:28:15 pm »
I reckon you got a decent suit there Martin  8)

As one who doesn't 'do' wet, I think £52 to keep dry just once on a long journey is well worth it. If it lasts you a full season you are not only dry but quids in  ;D

Offline richtea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2017, 06:40:03 pm »
I reckon you got a decent suit there Martin  8)

As one who doesn't 'do' wet, I think £52 to keep dry just once on a long journey is well worth it. If it lasts you a full season you are not only dry but quids in  ;D

Agreed. Here's my stuff. Good for 2 years, and about 16k miles so far, which probably equates to 20-30 uses. Lets say £2 per wet / cold ride:

http://www.getgeared.co.uk/richa-rain-warrior-jacket-wp-black

http://www.getgeared.co.uk/richa-rain-warrior-trousers-wp-black

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2017, 09:40:30 pm »
Like my BMW suit, blacker than a black thing on black day!

Brian (who thinks it should be illegal to sell rain suits that are not flouro  8) )

Offline fjtwelve

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Night Black K1200S 2008, Motorsport K1300S 2016
  • Modifications and add-ons:: K1200S: Low seat, Kahedo seat, full Akrapovic system, BSD remap, LED headlight bulbs, Pazzo levers, slate grey wheels, MRA Vario touring screen with inverted spoiler, RAM phone mount, RG crash bungs; Bagster tank bag & BMW large soft bag & BMW expanding panniers shared between bikes; K1300S LED headlights, RAM phone mount
« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2017, 09:00:04 pm »
Made the mistake of wishing it would rain and wash all the salty black sticky slippery shyte away. Rewarded with 3 hours of pelting rain all the way home on Friday night. Dry as a bone thankyou rainsuit, although I have decided I need some new gloves now as these at least 5 year old Hein gerickes are no longer waterproof.

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2017, 10:24:17 pm »
In the interim, carry a few pairs of 'diesel' gloves from a petrol station. One pair under and one pair over will keep your pinkies nice and dry as long as you are not a sweaty girl like me  8)

Brian (who loves diesel gloves as weird party ballons, freezer bags for bananas, sausages etc., short-term tool rolls, work gloves for delicate things and emergency prophylactics  ::) )

Offline fjtwelve

• View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: K1200S: Low seat, Kahedo seat, full Akrapovic system, BSD remap, LED headlight bulbs, Pazzo levers, slate grey wheels, MRA Vario touring screen with inverted spoiler, RAM phone mount, RG crash bungs; Bagster tank bag & BMW large soft bag & BMW expanding panniers shared between bikes; K1300S LED headlights, RAM phone mount
« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2017, 07:19:07 pm »
Oh and spend a minute making sure you have carefully sealed the zip storm flap and done up the Velcro as the suit has just proved how good it is at keeping in water from this evenings monsoon. You can probably guess where the water ended up  :-\

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2017, 09:34:05 pm »
We've all been there, all done that  8)

Brian (who says those smug b'stards who have never done it, two words of wisdom, you will  8) )

Offline Blobby

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300R
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Fuel filler mod
« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2017, 12:52:36 pm »
Nothing worse then riding along in the rain feeling all snug and warm, then that first feeling of cold water seeping into the love-spud area.. Before you know it they're making friends with your tonsils to keep warm  :o

Offline fjtwelve

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2017, 03:03:27 pm »
One hates to even think about asking this question Martin, but here goes...

Having done the unthinkable and kept a BMW well past its sell-by date of 40,000 miles, are you intent on keeping this one and riding it into the ground?

Brian (who sold his 1150GS at 42 and his K12 at 38, so on average he stuck to the rule  ::) )

PS Nice little hairdresser's car on the drive mate  8)

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2017, 08:42:43 pm »
Sell it, sell it, sell it!

Offline fjtwelve

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2017, 08:52:02 pm »
Momentarily clean at 51000

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2017, 01:02:34 pm »
I'm sure there was a shiny black thing in that dark garden somewhere. And still on the black rims I note, nice!

Offline fjtwelve

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2017, 01:31:06 pm »
After this morning, also available in brown

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 20, 2017, 01:40:22 pm »
😱

Offline fjtwelve

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2017, 05:40:01 pm »
Bucked the trend yesterday, sun and dry roads strewth, went to Lands End to check it was still there, and then along the B3306 to try and get rid of those fowl strips. Not yet gone but finally can feel the difference of the 55 ratio rear tyre after 3 months of bent wheel and slippery shyte. Unsure if I like it, seems to tip in very suddenly rather than steady roll in on 50 profile. Anyway we shall persevere