Author Topic: How do we apportion the costs between the members?  (Read 2900 times)

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
How do we apportion the costs between the members?
« on: February 15, 2015, 01:12:06 am »
 If I start taking the odd £50 offers (that some of you generous folks have been making to me) off every member then I will be awash with money. Equally, if we divvy up the pot now, then those members who come on board later will be asking how they can contribute.

I propose that we wait a couple of months till the rush of registrations has subsided and we know how many members we have. I can see we will have 100 easily (we have 42 already with another dozen or so waiting in the wings) and it is only the end of day two of the site.

Whatever the number in a couple of months, we apportion the costs.

With a hundred members, £5 a head will easily pay for the set up costs and the costs for this year and the next 2 years, assuming we don't have to pay for any heavy tech support. If we do, we either kidnap a 7 year-old programmer to do the work for us or we apportion that cost also.

Even if we only have 50 members in a month or two, £10 a head will still pay for the next 3 years!

I don't want to start being an accountant in my old age and have no intention of trotting off down the bank to open a separate account.

I am most loathe to start charging the £12 a head membership that I have heard spoken about on other forums and apparently this one too before my time. I am sure we can muddle along with a few pounds per head on an annual basis as a voluntary payment. By voluntary, I mean I will send out reminders and name and shame persistent offenders