Author Topic: Live and learn !  (Read 1613 times)

Offline Sutty

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300 Dynamic
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Autocom, BSD remap, 170 at the wheel. SC project can with baffle removed.Lust 25mm lowering plates
Live and learn !
« on: June 28, 2022, 09:30:47 pm »
Hello guys, I went to bike fest at Prescott on Sunday, it was like a time warp. But wile I was mooching round the paddock there was an ex BMW power cup bike. I never knew there was a race series for the K1200R and the one at Prescott was immaculate, now I’m even thinking of getting mine painted the same colour scheme.
Watched it up the hill and it looked great, and sounded great it did the whole hill in second.

Best bike there in my opinion.

Best regards. Mick
No problems only Solutions

Offline Devon 1200s

• 2008 k1200s
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200s
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Akrapovic slip on can. MRA screen. Standard BMW sport panniers, SW Motech rear rack, Krauser k5 top box, 55 profile rear tyre, Carbon Fibre rear hugger, Power commander 5
Re: Live and learn !
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2022, 08:18:43 am »
One came up for sale on eBay, I think it was just before the “bug season”. Sold within hours. It made me do a Google search, I was surprised. I’d heard of  R1100s races but the the k12R races.
k1200s. 08 plate. Located in Devon.

Offline black-k1

• An Original Old Git.
    • View Profile
    • The Old Gits
  • My K bike model:: ex K1200S, K1300S Sport & K1300S Motorsport owner. Now a Kawasaki H2 SX SE owner
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Upgrade to Kawasaki H2 SX SE! Almost 220bhp at the wheel! BST Carbon wheels and Sargent seat
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2022, 08:49:07 am »
I've not seen one or know of the racing series. I assume the race series was to see who could get to the end of the season with the minimum number of replacement radiators, coils, ABS brake pumps, front ball joints and switches? ;)
Correct rear brake use is scientifically proven to shorten stopping distances in EVERY road situation.

European Motorcycle Tours since 1998
The Old Gits - www.old-gits.org

Offline Costas

• Riders drive K, a Hawk flies, both are fast
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BMW Motorrad rider and pillion HP4 pegs,10-30 lit tank bag, SENA for BMW intercom system. Evo air filters. TechSpec tank pads. MIZU lowering dogbone system. B2 accelerator. Wunderlich adjustable levers, hub , brake caliber protectors, duolever bold protector. Turatech ABS Sensor protectors. IDE bars. Rizoma rear led signal lights, bar ends with lever protectors. Sargent complete system seat (pod, pillion backrest). Shrodie side badge led signal lights two modes. LED lights 2X35W 3000k high beam, 10W parking two modes. Tracker. Metisse front wheel protector sliders. R&G water pump protector, cardan protector. Ilmberger carbon set. Ztechnic tank protector,DT wimglets.
  • Location:: Athens, Greece, KS-Loutsa 37°58'16.6"N 23°59'06.8"E 37.971269, 23.985224
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2022, 10:14:49 am »
I believe none of the above were included to the real racing version, so it did well among other BMW of the same type that is.
The full version was at the time the most expensive bike of the series.
Embrace the wind.

Online Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2022, 12:06:54 pm »
I've not seen one or know of the racing series. I assume the race series was to see who could get to the end of the season with the minimum number of replacement radiators, coils, ABS brake pumps, front ball joints and switches? ;)

;D ;D ;D

Offline richtea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2022, 06:50:43 pm »
Did you take a piccie, Sutty?

Offline Sutty

• View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Autocom, BSD remap, 170 at the wheel. SC project can with baffle removed.Lust 25mm lowering plates
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2022, 09:26:11 pm »
No Rich, I was busy rabbeting to the guy that owned it, he was over the moon with it. It wasn’t road registered , he used it for track days.
There’s some pix on google images of power cup K 1200R’s, stunning looking bike..

Offline armstrongracer

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300s, KTM 950sm, some racing stinkwheels.
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2022, 10:32:17 pm »
They looked great but are a big old bus to be racing, then again I've a Mk1 Speed Triple Challenge bike in my garage that is also neither short or light, didn't stop the likes of Haslam from punting them around at supersport 600 pace. The Motorrad Power Cup as it was known didn't run for as long as the Boxer Cup but its impressive seeing them being pushed so hard.

https://youtu.be/EltBJl74fNk

Offline Sutty

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2022, 10:42:02 pm »
Armstrongracer, I love mine to bits. I can ride it for hours, it tours, scratches,  it looks good, sounds good, goes like stink, always feel’s planted,
Plus it’s always the only one in the bike park

Best regards.  Mick.

Offline armstrongracer

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300s, KTM 950sm, some racing stinkwheels.
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2022, 11:49:45 am »
I hear ya Sutty.  Always preferred the tonka toy/transformer looks of the 1300r but went for the s purely because of my daily commute and the full fairing. I've had demo rides on both in the past and found the r more agile cos of the wider bars.