Author Topic: K1300S  (Read 51032 times)

Online fjtwelve

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Night Black K1200S 2008, Motorsport K1300S 2016
  • Modifications and add-ons:: K1200S: Low seat, Kahedo seat, full Akrapovic system, BSD remap, LED headlight bulbs, Pazzo levers, slate grey wheels, MRA Vario touring screen with inverted spoiler, RAM phone mount, RG crash bungs; Bagster tank bag & BMW large soft bag & BMW expanding panniers shared between bikes; K1300S LED headlights, RAM phone mount
Re: K1300S
« Reply #270 on: December 11, 2021, 04:05:00 pm »
I bought the extended warranty and think i'm covered by that for the wheel bearings

Online fjtwelve

• View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: K1200S: Low seat, Kahedo seat, full Akrapovic system, BSD remap, LED headlight bulbs, Pazzo levers, slate grey wheels, MRA Vario touring screen with inverted spoiler, RAM phone mount, RG crash bungs; Bagster tank bag & BMW large soft bag & BMW expanding panniers shared between bikes; K1300S LED headlights, RAM phone mount
« Reply #271 on: January 06, 2022, 03:04:34 pm »
Ram mount Chrissy present installed. Can now use phone mount on both bikes

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #272 on: January 07, 2022, 10:40:14 am »
That's a load of balls... ;D

Offline Matt

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: KTM 1290 Super Duke GT
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Oberon slave cylinder, 3D printed nav mount
« Reply #273 on: January 07, 2022, 01:57:38 pm »
And a spare for Sunday/special occasions!
"Why was the spider disappointed after browsing the web? Because he couldn't find any fly downloads!"
Claude.ai effort at an original joke - 2022

Online fjtwelve

• View Profile
« Reply #274 on: January 19, 2022, 09:17:21 pm »
Following the debate on the K12 thread, here are some stats for the K13

7973 miles to date since purchase on 3/11/19
42 tankfuls average fuel price 1.41 a litre
Average fill up range 189.8, best 231.4, biggest fill up 20.69 litres
47.96mpg average best 52.4 worst 36.5 (after 4 month lockdown standing, fairer would be 44). Computer is 5% optimistic. as far as the fuel gauge is concerned I've got approx 2 litres left when the range is zero. Generally I reckon I have a safe 20 miles after R=0, maybe 25 to 30 if I have been pottering (as if) or cruising at a steady speed.
Average speed 51mph
Including all accessories (no speeding fines yet) fuel insurance tax and servicing but excluding purchase price, cost 40.9p per mile or which fuel 9.6p a mile

Online fjtwelve

• View Profile
« Reply #275 on: May 07, 2022, 09:17:12 pm »
Last weekend saw the first significant trip out on the K13 this year. Frightening how 4 months zipped by with the K13 stood in the shed while the K12 knocked off another nearly 3000 miles. Anyway summer is here so time for a switch over.
Last Friday was a trip to Shropshire. I was cruising and taking breaks in the sunshine.  Although another milestone popped up, that's 18000 excuse the poor picture

Always liked the sound of Broadwoodwidger, (see the signpost), always reminds me of Edward Woodward.

There's a decent corner off the A30 onto the M5 where you can get well leaned over at a half decent speed that I look forward after the 80 miles of brain death on the A30. Gave it the beans, and nearly ran up the backside of 2 of Satan's Slaves filtering in standing traffic. They were using the rev open pipes very loudly technique of filtering, but it wasn't working plus one of them had the biggest set of ape hangars I've seen since 1970 something which clashed with every mirror possible. I soon got past them and all the accident rubberneckers until I had lunch at Bridgewater. I then found they'd shut the M5 so after 8 miles filtering through standing traffic and wandering pedestrians, and a diversion through Weston Super Mare I rejoined the M5. After a couple of miles I found an adventure bike about 6ft from my nearside indicator where he remained at speeds through three figures and beyond except when my roll on left him behind. Eventually he turned off at Evesham, pulling alongside (it was a Varadero) giving me a cheery wave with his ungloved hand. Apparently the Varadero is well rated for this kind of mile gobbling, not a bike I have ever really looked at. Could be a cut price bargain. Could have done with him riding a bit further away mind.

Next day was up to Linlithgow and temporary renewing my membership of the M6 Club. Wasn't that bad really and once North of Preston was a fairly easy run. I stopped at Tebay fancying a bit of a brunch fry up. Soon came out after finding it was absolutely packed, had a revolting sausage roll and carried on up to Moffat. I refuelled at Carlisle where I did a literal double take at the credit card machine as I thought the cashier had rung up the wrong pump. £1.929 per litre aargh, but worse was to come. The only upside on the fuel front was that I managed to cash in £9 of Shell rewards over the weekend. I digress. Turning off at Moffat I renewed my love of the A701 to Edinburgh. I travelled this road over a thousand times when I lived in Moffat and worked near Edinburgh. Bliss. It finally rained for the last 20 miles to Linlithgow, not bad over 2 days riding.

Not feeling spectacular after my first pub crawl for 3 years, the Linlithgow Ale Trail, even though I got a tshirt, I had a slow start the following morning. Popped up to Kinross, managed a brunch fry up at Loch Leven Lodges that I can recommend. I know the owners and can recommend the lodges too if you fancy a stay up there (insert idea about Wrinklies Run here). Gave a friend a pillion ride around the loch as she has only ridden small scooters (albeit in Vietnam and Portugal so , erm, challenging) and the like and wanted a go on a big bike,  then cruised over to Giffnock in Glasgow for a couple of days of food drink cigars port more food more drink.

Could have done with a fresh dry day to head South but it was 7C and raining when I emerged, and didn't improve much. Heated grips on nearly all day as I splashed down the A74M M6 to Penrith before I zigged over the A66 M1 to North Yorkshire to pick up the K12 mudguard from Bill, and zagged back to Shropshire. Scotch Corner set an all time record petrol price record at £2.02 per litre. Shortly before getting to my Dads in Shropshire the next mileage milestone came up

Its been a while since I knocked off over a thousand miles in less than a week.

On the last day I wandered down the A49 via Brian's Tea Room with its freshly decorated interior and newly landscaped garden. Spent longer chatting than I planned so rather than a big Bristol detour resigned myself to the M50 M5 etc. The M50 is open empty and quite quick. Spotted a set of headlights approaching fast behind me and slowed to 79mph, to be passed by a white Volvo saloon just as we reached the M5. He made a complete arse of the exit onto the M5 nearly sideswiping me as he made a less than last second swerve to take the slip road I was already committed to. Annoyed I disappeared up the slip road rattling the rev limiter and quick shifter. 30 secs later there's a whole load of blue light behind me and he's approaching very fast. I pulled over expecting the worst but he just rocketed past up L3, blue lights flickering from inside the windscreen front and rear and disappeared. SAS? Embarrassed trainee police driver? Answers on a post card. They weren't waiting for me when I got home anyway...The last 150 miles was a bit of a grind as by coincidence the wind was against me, you can always tell you're going to get a stiff neck by looking at the windmills.

1400miles the trip, 48mpg and 58mph averages.

Offline Matt

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: May 08, 2022, 04:37:01 pm »
Lovely update and a long ride! I've added the lodges to my list of places to stay, thanks Martin.

I really want my bike back now!
"Why was the spider disappointed after browsing the web? Because he couldn't find any fly downloads!"

Offline chriscanning

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200r Sport
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BST's Wilbers Kehedo Rexxer Puig Akra
« Reply #277 on: May 08, 2022, 05:07:25 pm »
Should have called in Martin  ;)

As for swapping a GT for a K, have done a bit recently on the KTM getting back on a BM even with all the mods...jeez it’s a bike old bus.

Offline Matt

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: May 08, 2022, 05:18:09 pm »
Oh yeah I mean I want my ktm back :D.

It's in for an oil leak which they solved and now awaiting a torque limiter shaft or something due to finding it seized. Apparently ktm Austria where such things await picking are low on picking personnel.

Had a 790 - rubbish - and now an 890 - solved the main rubbish points (throttle and suspension)

Online fjtwelve

• View Profile
« Reply #279 on: May 20, 2022, 09:29:54 pm »
So what did I get in Scotland? Not just that Linlithgow T shirt but a stonking viral infection. Not Covid according to the LFTs, nor the doctor who I attended for the first time in about a decade. He just said its viral, go home and ride it out with paracetamol. That's what I used to pay my taxes for, all that care. Anyway today was about the first day for 2 weeks i haven't spent sleeplessly coughing 24 hours, blowing 2 pints of snot 🤧out of my nose, sweating so much I had to change the sheets on several occasions, shivering so much I couldn't hold a glass of water, a temperature that the doctor said "umm, that's technically a fever"🥵, and rattling with paracetamol /ibuprofen like a smartie tube. Just to boost the brownie point account in time for the "about that few days away riding around Wales" questions, I passed on the virus to Mrs FJ who as you can imagine was delighted. On the positive side I'm sure my abs must be stronger after coughing/retching like a 60 Capstan a day man continuously for a fortnight, and I'm trying to imagine I've improved the power to weight ratio by losing a few pounds.
By way of celebrating my hopefully imminent recovery today, the Council declared the wall at the front of my garden a "dangerous structure", coned off the pavement, and said btw you're paying all our costs until this is fixed. That'll just put the icing on the pension fund cake after Vlad the Arse finishes flattening the global markets. Don't think I'm going to be buying many Akrapovic systems this year. :(
If I was strong enough I'd go out for a ride to chill out but as it happens I'm still so wobbly I don't trust myself to hold even a steering wheel. So the K13 has been stuck under a cover for 2 weeks and still needs cleaning. As do the cars the garden the house and everything else. Joy

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #280 on: May 21, 2022, 11:22:21 pm »
I now feel very lucky I didn't kiss you goodbye like I normally do...

Offline richtea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
« Reply #281 on: May 22, 2022, 08:26:00 am »
 ;D ;D ;D

Offline Matt

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: May 22, 2022, 12:18:49 pm »
That sounds like a horrid time Martin! I hope you're recovering nicely. Remember to eat plenty of chicken skeletons or whatever it is.

Offline Costas

• Riders drive K, a Hawk flies, both are fast
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BMW Motorrad rider and pillion HP4 pegs,10-30 lit tank bag, SENA for BMW intercom system. Evo air filters. TechSpec tank pads. MIZU lowering dogbone system. B2 accelerator. Wunderlich adjustable levers, hub , brake caliber protectors, duolever bold protector. Turatech ABS Sensor protectors. IDE bars. Rizoma rear led signal lights, bar ends with lever protectors. Sargent complete system seat (pod, pillion backrest). Shrodie side badge led signal lights two modes. LED lights 2X35W 3000k high beam, 10W parking two modes. Tracker. Metisse front wheel protector sliders. R&G water pump protector, cardan protector. Ilmberger carbon set. Ztechnic tank protector,DT wimglets.
  • Location:: Athens, Greece, KS-Loutsa 37°58'16.6"N 23°59'06.8"E 37.971269, 23.985224
« Reply #283 on: May 22, 2022, 04:42:19 pm »
That's what the strake bars are for. M25 filtering I think.

They are actually there to secure bike from spinning in case of a fall after both low or high sliding.
Embrace the wind.

Online fjtwelve

• View Profile
« Reply #284 on: July 13, 2022, 02:42:19 pm »
Took a bimble to meet Slim (the rider formerly known as Richtea) near Swindon yesterday afternoon, in the swanky surroundings of what turned out to be 90% truckstop not the farm shop as Googled. This was after some Ebay action where I saw off several other bidders to claim his Kahedo seat as a replacement for the K12's now splitting original low seat. Why Slim is selling this spare seat as he currently has 2 Motorsports sitting in his shed (must be unique in the UK I suspect), and surely a man needs a seat selection to suit where he's riding? Anyway he's decided he prefers Sergeants offerings (insert smut here) and his loss is my arses gain. After getting a EuroKclub discount in the form of a free large tea with ham and cheese ciabatta I put the Kahedo on the K13 for a test run on the way home, and strapped the original standard seat on the back.

As some of you may have noticed yesterday was a tadge warm, the thermometer flirting with 30C for a lot of the ride, and the temp gauge flirting with the top of the scale fairly often in slow traffic. Despite opening all the vents in the Enduroguard suit I still had a bad case of Betty Swallocks which caused more discomfort than either seat. First impressions were that my backside was perched a bit higher in the air. I can still flat foot each side but it feels a little higher. I can feel the extra padding and for plugging along motorways and dual carriageways I'd say it was more comfortable than the original. I think it might be putting a little more weight on my wrists but not sure.  There was a fair bit of bum shuffling going on after 100 miles but that was 300 miles into the afternoons total (403) and was more to do with the aforesaid Bettys than the seat. There's a lot more friction in the seat cover so moving around isn't as easy but you don't slide forward into the tank. So that said, I think that if I was going out scratching I would probably put the original seat back on. The original K12 seat is polished by several thousand hours of riding and thus very easy to climb around.

Question now is how many seats do I take to Wales, 1 for the motorway up and 1 for the scratching.....mind you if Slim loses another stone he'll be able to slip my spare seat into his leathers to carry around for me  8)