Author Topic: Riding through December  (Read 2104 times)

Offline fjtwelve

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Night Black K1200S 2008, Motorsport K1300S 2016
  • Modifications and add-ons:: K1200S: Low seat, Kahedo seat, full Akrapovic system, BSD remap, LED headlight bulbs, Pazzo levers, slate grey wheels, MRA Vario touring screen with inverted spoiler, RAM phone mount, RG crash bungs; Bagster tank bag & BMW large soft bag & BMW expanding panniers shared between bikes; K1300S LED headlights, RAM phone mount
Riding through December
« on: December 15, 2015, 10:58:47 pm »
Still riding every day. Sweating inside my leathers now the liners are in. Don't have to wear my waterproofs every day.Winter?  Wtf is going on? Bike looks a bit of a shed tbh and the white lines are still slippery on the roundabouts but hey can put up with that while I'm still knocking out 600 miles a week.

Offline Matt

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: KTM 1290 Super Duke GT
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Oberon slave cylinder, 3D printed nav mount
Re: Riding through December
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2015, 11:28:33 pm »
It hurts when I glance at what was my shiny new bike and see dirt everywhere!  The akra exhaust attracts much more than my old carbon sc project thing.  Which I should probably sell actually!

But yeah, I overheat between getting off bike and getting to my front door!
"Why was the spider disappointed after browsing the web? Because he couldn't find any fly downloads!"
Claude.ai effort at an original joke - 2022

Offline drumwrecker

• View Profile
    • Coombs Family Page
  • My K bike model:: K1300s 2009
  • Modifications and add-ons:: rear splash guard, Sargent seat and pod, 35mm bar risers
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2015, 11:48:44 pm »
I'm not complaining. Yet.
Its not always the destination that counts its the ride, having a destination just stops you going round in circles.

Offline Twisty

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2015, 12:19:37 pm »
I wish  >:(

8)
Ride safe
Dave

BMW R1200gs LC

Offline JackSnipe

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2015, 03:17:56 pm »
Ok its nice and warm but I symphathise with the chaps having to battle through the mud fest on the roads at the moment. I have just spent the last hour or so finishing off ACF50 -  ing my latest bike. It has involved taking the plastic off (Called Tupperware in this case !) and getting into all nooks and crannies. I for one purchasing a new bike would not mind another £25.00 on top for the bike to come delivered so prepared. Ok if the manufactures do not see an economic gain perhaps the dealer's could on building them up prior to hitting the showroom, any little helps   ? Incidentally I used the liquid Form of ACF50 you buy in a litre bottle and it comes with its small spray/atomiser Bottle. Far better to use than the wasteful aerosol cans.

JS
JS

Offline drumwrecker

• View Profile
    • Coombs Family Page
  • My K bike model:: K1300s 2009
  • Modifications and add-ons:: rear splash guard, Sargent seat and pod, 35mm bar risers
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2015, 07:08:00 pm »
Had a really good 150 mile ride today. Lots of mud and leaf mould around.
I ACF50'd it a few weeks back and I am sure that stuff attracts the crap to it, my bike looks awful.
Might give it spray over with the hose tomorrow to take the top layer of dirt off and clean the headlamp and mirrors.
Its not always the destination that counts its the ride, having a destination just stops you going round in circles.

Offline TomL

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2015, 11:16:08 pm »
No salt though Ron. Leave the dirt on and clean the lights and mirrors.
As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.