Author Topic: MCE Insurance  (Read 3102 times)

Offline alaskier

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1600 GT
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Top case
MCE Insurance
« on: June 03, 2019, 08:47:42 pm »
It's that time of year again and MCE seem incredibly cheap with extremely good benefits. So, has anyone used them and if so were they any good? Anyone had any experience of their claims department? In short, are they any good or are they a bunch of shysters? Will they tempt me in with a cheap year then whack their rates up on renewal? I ask this as my current insurers, Bennetts, will no longer accept me as a new policyholder. So, lots to consider and any advice you fine fellows can offer will be gratefully accepted.

Cheers all,
Tony

jesim1

Re: MCE Insurance
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2019, 03:24:00 am »
I just took out a policy with them, it had a very large excess, but as I've not made a claim in over 30 years I felt it was better than paying an extra nearly £200 to the next closest insurer.

I think bike insurance has just gone silly, bikes are getting more expensive and in many cases insurance is almost impossible to get even with a clean licence and a garaged bike, I pay more for my bike than my Porsche  :-[

Offline Swindon Andy

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S Motorsport
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Straight bar conversion, HID dip, clear front indicators, LED rear indicators, TomTom mount, top box (on rare occasions)
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2019, 11:09:24 am »
Do try LV, particularly for full set of car, house and bike =discount. My bike insurance is less than my V8 Jag. Always nice to deal with, but I don't  know how they are with claims.

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2019, 10:55:55 pm »
They are good with claims  >:( and I've got the household and buildings with them but they told me they didn't do bikes!!!

Offline Swindon Andy

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S Motorsport
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Straight bar conversion, HID dip, clear front indicators, LED rear indicators, TomTom mount, top box (on rare occasions)
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2019, 11:13:37 am »
LV have insured my bike for years. Worth another try next time round.

Offline Blobby

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300R
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Fuel filler mod
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2019, 05:46:54 am »
I'm with Motorcycle Direct, I would have changed but forgot the renewal date and it auto-renewed. As it was £137 for the gold package, I didn't think i could have saved that much.

If it was £400 and i could have saved a lot by going elsewhere then of course i would have shopped around.

Offline alaskier

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1600 GT
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Top case
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2019, 09:36:22 pm »
Thank you all for your help and advice. As I need European Breakdown Cover and MCE only provide UK Breakdown Cover I decided not to proceed with them. Other insurers were cheaper than Bennetts but did not offer the same levels of cover. When I called them today Bennetts offered to shave £35 off their quote without even being asked! As such I have renewed with Bennetts.

Offline raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Yamaha FJR (2013)
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2022, 04:30:10 pm »
I've just read a funny post on the FJR forum that goes like this.

"I took great delight in sending them an invoice for £50.00 for mid term cancellation. Which is what they would have charged me.

I'll never see it but it made me feel better."

Offline Grumpy jase

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: 2010 K1300S
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2022, 08:49:12 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D
Being grumpy makes me happy