Author Topic: New and Hello - K1300S  (Read 207 times)

Offline Est1882

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
New and Hello - K1300S
« on: March 30, 2018, 01:04:35 pm »
Afternoon All and Happy Easter.
I have recently purchased a K13 in black on a 13 plate and very much enjoying the bike.
Covered approx. 1k miles so far as I used it most days for my commute. Service in a couple of weeks then I want to convert the dip beam for more coverage and awareness other that that i'm out to use it!

Regards
Scott

Offline Eyore

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200S
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Lots of Polish. Titax levers. GPR end can.R&G Protectors, carbon fibre bling, Tom Tom mount,daytime led lights.Low seat.Oberon clutch slave cylinder.Airblade DB screen,fender extender.Michael Dunlop sticker.
Re: New and Hello - K1300S
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2018, 01:44:53 pm »
Hi and welcome , I see that even by the average age around here you are on the senior side ;D
The fastest Pizza delivery bike in the west.

Offline stevel

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2018, 02:03:15 pm »
Hi Scott,

Good to hear that you have got the best bike money can buy. Where are you planning to get it serviced? I'm over near Kingston, so I basically have the same dealer choices as you do - decided to service it myself in the end!

Steve

Offline richtea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Patriotic white, blue & red (if you're Russian)
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2018, 02:15:16 pm »
Hi and welcome , I see that even by the average age around here you are on the senior side ;D

Just to be clear - you don't mean his real age (see profile).  ;D ;D ;D

I'm thinking of changing my name from 'richtea' to 'b.1980'. Like a kind of forum profile facelift.

Oh, and welcome, Scott!

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2018, 05:13:54 pm »
Hi (again, again) Scott and welcome to the madhouse that is EuroKClub  8)

Let us know how you get on with the HID conversation/s.

Offline Est1882

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2018, 06:08:38 pm »
Thanks guys for the welcome.
For my major servicing I will use either Vines or Bahnstormer although pricey I’ve had good experiences before. My S1000R was looked after well and I find BMW service second to none

Thanks also to Brian for the HID emails, will will be doing this in the next week or so.

PR4’s and OEM pads all round fitted so far.
Going to try and clean the radiator a bit as the fan does come on quite a bit in London traffic

Have a good weekend
Scott

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2018, 10:14:37 am »
Hmm? The radiator, what can we tell you?

If it is getting clogged, then it will be the bottom corners. Lots of soaking and gentle poking from the rear is the order of the day. You should be able to see dayligt/torchliht through every pore using a mirror. If you intend to / need to remove it, remember that you will need the vacuum puller kit to re-fill it correctly.

I have no experience of t'other Bahnstormers, only Alton and they drove me to North Oxford. Take from that what you will. Vines have a great reputation but let me down big time with my R1150GS.