Author Topic: 1200RT remap  (Read 2980 times)

Offline TomK1300s

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: 2020 R 1250 GS Adv
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Exhaust, Screen, hand guards.
1200RT remap
« on: December 12, 2019, 03:55:22 pm »
Just had the RT remapped and it pulls like a train, with no snatching and a very smooth ride from start to over  130MPH, it now has 117 HP at the rear wheel with all usable power and torque.

Four wheels move the body, Two wheels move the soul

Offline chriscanning

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200r Sport
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BST's Wilbers Kehedo Rexxer Puig Akra
Re: 1200RT remap
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2019, 04:15:28 pm »
Not surprised it runs well that’s some kind of A/F very impressive,how was it done with a piggyback or has the ECU been broken into.

Offline fjtwelve

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Night Black K1200S 2008, Motorsport K1300S 2016
  • Modifications and add-ons:: K1200S: Low seat, Kahedo seat, full Akrapovic system, BSD remap, LED headlight bulbs, Pazzo levers, slate grey wheels, MRA Vario touring screen with inverted spoiler, RAM phone mount, RG crash bungs; Bagster tank bag & BMW large soft bag & BMW expanding panniers shared between bikes; K1300S LED headlights, RAM phone mount
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2019, 04:18:22 pm »
 :o what he said, never seen such a flat a/f curve

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2019, 05:27:54 pm »
You going tractor-pulling with it then Tom?

Offline TomK1300s

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2019, 06:43:37 pm »
I have been waiting for them to get access to the ECU data blocks for this bike so they could remap it fully, not a piggyback, not a preset map with bits altered either, a new map worked out from scratch on a dyno, I told him my main concern was with the fueling mixture and timing, because of the flat spots,snatchy response and holding back created by euro4/5/6 emission regulations,
He told me the only way to get it spot on was to remove the cat, otherwise he would have to keep altering the mixture and timing so as not to damage the cat, ( overheat/ block it) and this was the result with the cat removed, I was very impressed watching the AFR stay at 13.5 on the final run, he has also added a data block to bring the AFR back to 15:1 when at crusing speed.

Offline chriscanning

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2019, 06:57:12 pm »
It’s interesting how things have gone back and forth with fuelling in 2010/11 when I was looking for a fuelling solution to my K direct ECU mapping was becoming all the rage and piggy back was all but done and I ended up going Rexxer but with a custom map.

But manufacturers have done their best to make ECU access difficult and I went back to a PC5 with my X/R and will do the same next year with my KTM but the AF is the key and who ever did yours has done a dam good job.

Offline TomK1300s

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2019, 08:01:54 am »
It’s interesting how things have gone back and forth with fuelling in 2010/11 when I was looking for a fuelling solution to my K direct ECU mapping was becoming all the rage and piggy back was all but done and I ended up going Rexxer but with a custom map.

But manufacturers have done their best to make ECU access difficult and I went back to a PC5 with my X/R and will do the same next year with my KTM but the AF is the key and who ever did yours has done a dam good job.

Yes Chris I have seen printout’s from the Dyno of bikes with piggybacks such as PC3/4/5 on them, the problem with this is that they can only fool the PCM programming so much, the manufacturers have done a good job of locking us out, along with the self adapting programs now used its more like fitting an old EURO 4 PCM to a bike that has EURO 6 unit fitted as standard, AFR up and down and no or very little adjustment to the timing, after saying that they do sometimes improve the running of the engine.
Waiting for the data blocks for my 2018 R1200GS LC now, this should be another interesting one to do.

Offline chriscanning

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2019, 11:57:35 am »
Is the bike still running lamba’s or has the guy deleted them in the ECU.

Offline TomK1300s

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2019, 01:48:22 pm »
Is the bike still running lamba’s or has the guy deleted them in the ECU.

Not sure, he did ask me and gave me the pro's and con's, think he programed them out and thats why he added the Crusing hack at the end to take it back to 15:1, I will ask next week, He did comment on how good the later BMW Bosch PCM fueling map was for controling the AFR without Lambda sensors connected and they were only needed if the cat was to remain in the system.

Offline chriscanning

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2019, 03:28:22 pm »
Got a couple of older bikes with PC3’s fitted and they run with lamba’s But the latest PC5 just delete them as a matter of course,took mine out of the headers and put blanking plugs in.

The K12 with the Rexxer map... even though it was close friends who did it,as is the way with tuners most will not tell you what day of the week it is and was probably 12 months later when they suggested that maybe they had been deleted,saves the ECU disappearing up its own backside for no good reason.

Offline TomK1300s

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2019, 04:57:01 pm »
Got a couple of older bikes with PC3’s fitted and they run with lamba’s But the latest PC5 just delete them as a matter of course,took mine out of the headers and put blanking plugs in.

The K12 with the Rexxer map... even though it was close friends who did it,as is the way with tuners most will not tell you what day of the week it is and was probably 12 months later when they suggested that maybe they had been deleted,saves the ECU disappearing up its own backside for no good reason.

So with the later PC5 do you have to tell the PC5 if the cat has been removed or not when fitting it, or does it keep the AFR on or above 14.5:1 at all times to save the cat.

Offline chriscanning

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2019, 07:22:17 pm »
First things first, you wouldn’t fit a PC to a bike with a Cat that’s a contradiction in fuelling,always feel sorry for manufacturers because they have to abide by the TUV and their not giving us a bike with their best fuelling.

When you normally buy a PC who ever supplied it should be able to supply it with a map to get you started,and if they don’t Dynojet UK will,Richard at Dynojet is your man to talk too.

The ideal spec is after market headers/no Cat/aftermarket can/aftermarket filter/no two bikes are the same hence why they need to go to a Dyno and then it’s down to the talent of the guy who’s running it.

Most folks get carried away with HP numbers when the reality as you are finding out it’s the A/F a few extra horses  are the cherry on the cake.

While my 1200 runs pretty dam well always founds bikes with a PC have a slightly softer feel to them but that’s just my preference.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2019, 07:24:52 pm by chriscanning »

Offline TomK1300s

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2019, 07:34:52 pm »
First things first, you wouldn’t fit a PC to a bike with a Cat that’s a contradiction in fuelling,always feel sorry for manufacturers because they have to abide by the TUV and their not giving us a bike with their best fuelling.

When you normally buy a PC who ever supplied it should be able to supply it with a map to get you started,and if they don’t Dynojet UK will,Richard at Dynojet is your man to talk too.

The ideal spec is after market headers/no Cat/aftermarket can/aftermarket filter/no two bikes are the same hence why they need to go to a Dyno and then it’s down to the talent of the guy who’s running it.

Most folks get carried away with HP numbers when the reality as you are finding out it’s the A/F a few extra horses  are the cherry on the cake.

While my 1200 runs pretty dam well always founds bikes with a PC have a slightly softer feel to them but that’s just my preference.

That makes sense but I have friends that have changed the air filter to K&N then put a can on the bike, not removed the cat and had a PC fitted to sort out flat stops and they work very well, so you must be able to program them to work with a cat and just keep the AFR high.

Offline chriscanning

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2019, 07:57:37 pm »
Filter wise always go DNA I think their better although more expensive,as to what your friends are doing I see little point in leaving the motor strangled with a Cat but then fitting a PC,bit like grabbing someone by the throat and then trying to pour a pint down his neck  :) just an unnecessary struggle.