Author Topic: Newbie from London  (Read 981 times)

Offline Jcdenton999

• Newbie around here, just bought my K
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: 2012 K1300S (Akra, ESA, ABS)
Newbie from London
« on: July 10, 2018, 03:37:54 pm »
Good afternoon everyone,

I have been reading the forum for a bit and finally decided to introduce myself, I bought a used 2012 K1300S in May and have been enjoying it everyday since! It was an upgrade on my old F800ST that I had for almost a decade, the K1300S was a natural step up.

I drive around west London I may see some of you around there

I have a few questions around the bike, I have been reading the different thread but some questions are remaining:

- I think my bike's clutch has a little bit of the classic clutch basket spring problem, it doesnt make any obvious sign/sound but when you keep your finger on the clutch lever (just touching it ready to upshift) you can notice that when you accelerate hard, the biting position of the clutch shift back a little bit, as soon as you release the gas it goes back, it's a weird thing, it's link to hard acceleration not which rpm /speed you are at. It's my first hydraulic clutch so not used to that feeling and wondering if anyone else has something like that?

- Does your bike drinks more oil when it's really hot at the moment, on my f800st i never topped up between services but recently it looks like it's been moved from middle to low oil level in 1000k miles of very high heat in london traffic this last month

J-C

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
Re: Newbie from London
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2018, 08:21:13 pm »
Hi J-C and welcome to the madhouse that is EuroKClub.

Can't say I've ever fondled my clutch lever prior to changing up or down so wouldn't have noticed the moving bite point. Having the quick-shifter means I don't really touch the lever much at all...

The oil may or may not be to do with the warmer weather, maybe the way you are riding it? Some use oil and some don't and your guess is as good as mine as to why.

Offline TomL

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
Re: Newbie from London
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2018, 11:25:15 pm »
Welcome to the forum J-C
As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.