Author Topic: New member intro  (Read 468 times)

Offline cj737

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: 2009 K1300S, 1987 K7S
  • Modifications and add-ons:: K13- full Akra, Wilburs front and rear, Ilmberger, and Brembo masters
New member intro
« on: June 06, 2024, 06:36:48 pm »
Old rider, new member, long time BMW owner.

Have a pretty hefty fleet of BMWs of all types: R, K, S and a new F. Wife and 4 kids all ride, and I must admit, despite the varying degrees of experience amongst them, they're my favorite riding partners. I do however dip outside the family with a mate or two occasionally for some "older gentleman spirited riding".

We live in a semi-rural area with delightful country sweepers and mountainy roads within a reasonable distance so riding is mostly consuming the entire day or weekend with the family. That is when I'm not maintaining a vehicle from the family fleet, fabricating something up in the shop, renovating someone's newly aquired home, or other such patriarchical chore.

Massive fan of european football, WSBK, MotoGP and of course Road Racing. Glued to the tele and iPad for the TT presently. Not sure I can offer tremendous insights on these bikes, but have spent awfully strong money on my K13 for improving it's performance, shedding its weight, and divesting myself from overly-costly OEM systems.

Hopefully my Yank-ishness is outweighed by my Scottish roots and my presence wont be so unwelcomed in the end  ;)

Cheers to all-
« Last Edit: June 07, 2024, 03:41:05 am by cj737 »
Currently living life at 60WTFs per hour....

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
Re: New member intro
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2024, 10:30:42 am »
Hi CJ and welcome to the madhouse that is EuroKClub!

We've had quite a few 'murrican members down the years and none of them was in the slightest unwelcome, just the opposite. It was a Canadian member of the old forum, Beech, who confirmed the diagnosis of my sticking throttles on my K12S way back in the day and for that alone all those from the North American continent are always welcome.

Offline cj737

• View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: K13- full Akra, Wilburs front and rear, Ilmberger, and Brembo masters
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2024, 12:06:29 pm »
Gracious of you, Phmode. All too often in my international travels I’ve encountered lovely people who’ve been rather put-off by my boorish fellow citizens. Has made me conscientious to behave myself “when in Rome”  ;D

Offline Matt

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: KTM 1290 Super Duke GT
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Oberon slave cylinder, 3D printed nav mount
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2024, 10:18:03 pm »
Welcome CJ! Which bit of America are you in if I may ask? I love a bit of Google street view and imagining what it'd be like to ride there! :). I'm in Lourdes at the moment on a trip related to this owners group, and am always eager to find new destinations! Are there many fun roads where you are?
"Why was the spider disappointed after browsing the web? Because he couldn't find any fly downloads!"
Claude.ai effort at an original joke - 2022

Offline cj737

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2024, 06:37:01 pm »
I am in central Virginia, east coast about 200km south of Washington DC. The Blue Ridge mountains are just west of me and a delightful route to them. Southwestern Virginia through North Carolina, Georgia along the Smokey Mountains is lovely. That is all just east of the famed “Tail of the Dragon” (referred to by mature, long time riders as “Knucklehead Highway” given the out of control antics and self-inflicted smash ups).

But yes, there’s lots of really great riding from Georgia to upstate Vermont/New York keeping west of the urban areas. The fall here is renowned for “leaf peepers” who trundle along gazing at the foliage. Can’t blame them, but damn it’s better at 100km than 40km 🤭😉

Offline raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Yamaha FJR (2013)
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2024, 06:57:31 pm »
If you update your profile to include your location, peeps won't have to keep asking  :thumbsupgood:

Offline richtea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2024, 10:20:11 pm »
I am in central Virginia, east coast about 200km south of Washington DC. The Blue Ridge mountains are just west of me and a delightful route to them.

Ah, welcome! The Blue Ridge is my favourite part of America. Not that I've seen most of the US, but that part felt quite European to my mind. I did that leaf-peeping, but on four wheels - quite something.

Offline cj737

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2024, 12:57:11 pm »

Ah, welcome! The Blue Ridge is my favourite part of America. Not that I've seen most of the US, but that part felt quite European to my mind. I did that leaf-peeping, but on four wheels - quite something.
;D
You came all this way and didn’t stop past for afternoon tea? Hmmm… I must have previously offended you. Apologies for that, do come again and I’ll stir up some southern hospitality to make amends  ;)