Author Topic: Anyone have a copy of Kevin Ash K1300GT road test?  (Read 347 times)

Offline GlynH

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: 2010 K1300GT EE
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Touratech heated seats
Anyone have a copy of Kevin Ash K1300GT road test?
« on: October 02, 2023, 06:41:17 pm »
Having read almost every article/road test/review I can find on the whole of t’Internet regarding the K1300GT the one article that I see references to but that seems to be unavailable is Kevin Ash reporting his findings on the K1300GT.

I have read other articles by Kevin before his tragic demise (RIP) and enjoyed his articles very much even his K1300 vs K1600 torque findings most of which went over my head!

I was wondering if anybody on here had managed to archive his K1300GT road test and if so would it be possible to share please?

It’s one of the few articles that doesn’t seem to have been reproduced on his website.

Thanks & kind regards,
-=Glyn=-

Offline Matt

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: KTM 1290 Super Duke GT
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Oberon slave cylinder, 3D printed nav mount
Re: Anyone have a copy of Kevin Ash K1300GT road test?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2023, 07:32:34 pm »
Hmm, was this in the Telegraph? I can find a summary when he returned it but the main stuff appears to have fallen off. His personal site also is missing this, though has the K1600 stuff.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/motorcycle_manufacturers/bmw/6500893/BMW-K-1300-GT-long-term-review-over.html

I shall continue the search (and maybe I'll search this forum as someone may have screen grabbed years back)
"Why was the spider disappointed after browsing the web? Because he couldn't find any fly downloads!"
Claude.ai effort at an original joke - 2022

Offline richtea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2023, 08:33:40 pm »
The WayBackMachine is what you want. This is possibly the best variant of the page (the most popular one?), but have a look at a few others in the timeline at the top, just in case it's not:

https://web.archive.org/web/20121125135321/http://ashonbikes.com/bmwk1300gt

Quite a miraculous website.
It's worth taking a copy (PDF or HTML - whatever works for you) because things won't necessarily survive intact.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2023, 08:39:34 pm by richtea »

Offline GlynH

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: 2010 K1300GT EE
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Touratech heated seats
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2023, 08:46:31 am »
Thanks for taking the time to reply guys.

Yeah he did write for the Telegraph and I found a very short article that was available and was tempted to subscribe just to see if I could get access to the other article(s) he wrote on it.

I believe there might have been more than one - the original launch one and possibly a follow-up long term test.

I always try Wayback when a regular search fails but I drew a blank on ‘Kevin Ash BMW K1300GT’ when I searched!

Thanks for the links…always good to read a positive review when you actually own the vehicle in question!

-=Glyn=-